Classic-Castle Roleplay: July 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

And, out of the corner of his eye, Solesstorn spotted the dark figure again, standing in a doorway. He seemed to be larger this time around.
Grid: J-10

Solesstorn shrugged the vision off and turned. If it was a vision.

"So, um, where are we going?" Jaythus asked from behind, timidly.

"I think we'd all like to know that," Viktor murmured darkly.

"Out of here, to somewhere where we'll be safe...er." the wizard added quickly.

The four men continued riding through the alleyways, avoiding the light and openness of the Orion streets, with Solesstorn taking the lead, and Santis bringing up the rear. Solesstorn motioned Jaythus closer.

"Stay right behind me, Jaythus van Hawkonus. I can't afford to loose you." he whispered sharply.

"Um...why?" Jaythus replied.

"Just do it." Solesstorn muttered, in a steely voice. Behind them, Viktor and Santis exchanged a frown. The Orkosan Knight was about to speak, when he saw something dark rush across the rooftops above them.

"Go! They know where we are!" Solesstorn cried.

The four men now galloped openly through the streets, pushing past stunned people. Jaythus's heart was beating madly with fear. He had little doubt that it was almost the same for Viktor and Santis.

They took a quick turn into a shadowy side corridor as they approached the main gate. Hardly dearing to breath, Santis looked ahead, and spotted a side-exit, guarded by two Tridentine Knights. Both were lounging about, clearly drunk. To them, the festivities demanded that they ignored their duties. As the four rode into the dim light, one of the men lazily raised his sword.

"Gah, who are ya, ah mates?" he gurgled. Viktor, despite his racing heart, couldn't help but grin. Where we really like this when we drunk? he glanced towards Santis.

Solesstorn dismounted his mare, and approached the drunks, swinging his staff angrily.

"Our business is our own. We only want to leave...please."

"Oh, er, wellsh, I'm not so shure abert that." the other drunk reeled. Great, Solesstorn thought, Another pair of guards to take care of.

The wizard was about to speak, when an animal howl cut through the air. Everyone looked up in frozen horror, even Solesstorn, as a black, winged shape descended from the night sky onto the drunken guard. He tried to scream, but the thing's talons had already torn into his body, killing him.

Both Viktor and Santis, revolted as they were, unsheathed their swords on impulse.

The monster dropped the body, and roaring, charged forward. Jerked out of his shock, Solesstorn raised his staff, but the thing was already moving, charging past him.

Charging straight at the horrified Jaythus van Hawkonus.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir Kohran wrote:The wizard was about to speak, when an animal howl cut through the air. Everyone looked up in frozen horror, even Solesstorn, as a black, winged shape descended from the night sky onto the drunken guard. He tried to scream, but the thing's talons had already torn into his body, killing him.

Both Viktor and Santis, revolted as they were, unsheathed their swords on impulse.

The monster dropped the body, and roaring, charged forward. Jerked out of his shock, Solesstorn raised his staff, but the thing was already moving, charging past him.

Charging straight at the horrified Jaythus van Hawkonus.

Jaythus screamed a high, shrill scream and toppled off his horse. The beast, it’s black, scaly strangely illuminated by the bursting fireworks above, plowed into Jaythus’ horse, ripping open the poor creature’s flank and haunches with razor claws. As the horse screamed it’s death scream, wide eyes rolling, the wraith-beast flapped it’s wings and flew upward again into the colorful sky.

“Jaythus, lad!”

Santis leapt off his bucking horse and fumbled his way to the young ambassador, who lay very still on the cobble stones. With a whiny of terror, Santis’ mount galloped away, and the survived Tridentine guard fled, weeping hysterically. Solesstorn, too, leapt off his horse and pounded toward Jaythus, and with an oath, Viktor slipped off his mount as well. Both horses fled, following Santis’ mount.

“How is he!?!” snapped Solesstorn as he approached. Santis was already dragging the purple-hued helmet off Jaythus’ head. A line of blood appeared. Santis felt frantically for a pulse.

“He’s alive.” Santis sighed as Viktor pounded up, “But he’s out. Take my sword, Vik…”

Santis tossed his blue-tinted sword to Viktor and, without hesitation, hoisted Jaythus up on his broad shoulders. There was a tremendous boom and clatter, and with a puff of think sulfur, the grade finale of the fireworks show came to a close, and the sky went dark. There was clapping from the distant crowds, and then a loud shuffling commenced. Everyone was going home. Some where coming this way.

“Tyco,” grunted Viktor, squinted darkly at the gory corpses of the Tridentine guard and Jaythus’ horse, “We’d best get low. These tyco Classics would like any excuse to lock up us Easterners.”

Just then, a horrible screech pierced the air. The wraith-beast was returning.

“Quick!” hissed Solesstorn, his hair whipping about as he looked left and right.

With a quick jerk of his staff, a small, thin stone slab flew out of the ground, revealing a dark hole.

“Into the sewers!” Solesstorn continued, anxiously eyeing the sky.

With a grimace and grumble, Viktor wrinkled his nose, edged up to the hole, and lowered himself in.

“Phooee!” he cursed.

Santis bent and dropped the limp Jaythus down to Viktor, and then he squeezed himself through the opening. The moment Santis’ red helm had vanished, Solesstorn sprinted over and leapt through the hole. The flagstone slipped back into place, and the four persons were left in total darkness.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

"Ouch, be careful," snarled Aiden. He winced as Kae-Os dabbed at the large lump on the side of his head. It was the morning after the ball, and Aiden wasn't enjoying it.

After the fireworks had ended, Kae-Os had searched for his comrade, having been unsuccessful in his hunt for the shapeshifter. He had found Aiden, lying on a balcony, unconscious.

Apparently, after the one lady had ignored him, he had lost some of his ego and was rather moody. When a huge hulk of a man had bumped into him, Aiden had challenged him to a duel.

Apart from being huge, the man had been as quick as Aiden, and since Aiden had called the duel, he got to choose the weapon. The man had chosen fists, and in short order, due to the man's size and speed, Aiden had ended up unconscious.

It was after they had gone back to their rented room that they realized the brute had been the shapeshifter.

"It only makes sense," Aiden had said. "Nobody could be that huge, yet so quick unless something wasn't natural."

However, before Aiden could start looking for him, Kae-Os had informed him that their quarry had left the city. "He'll be a day or two ahead of us by the time we can leave."

"No, we can leave now-ow!" Aiden, who had started to rise, slumped back into bed as waves of dizziness swept over him.

"Oh really?" commented the amused elf. "You wouldn't last two minutes standing up. Get some rest and we can leave soon."

Aiden glared at his companion. "You just love playing the nurse don't you?"

"It is rather amusing."

Aiden wasn't the only one in less than good condition. As Sir Theodore slowly rose from the bed he had collapsed into the night before, he realized why he had never gotten drunk before, and why he never intended to again.

He head hurt. Oh, did it hurt. During all his years in the army, he had never felt such pain.

In a daze, he made his way through the castle, not really caring were he went. He had a vague notion of finding Valric and asking his advice on how to cure him.

However, instead of finding Valric, Theodore ended up in the now deserted ballroom. Well, mostly deserted. A few servants were starting the enormous task of cleaning the room. Also, the barman, who had served that vile concoction to Theodore the night before, was packing up the left over drinks.

"Thought ye might come back." muttered the barman as he lifted a crate. "I imagine that the reason ye standin there is to get a remedy for that splitting headache ye no doubt have."

"It'd be wonderful if you had it," groaned Theodore, collapsing into a chair.

"Just ye wait a minute and old Larry will have somethin for ye." Replied the barman, who began to mix a tall glass together. "Ere ye go." He said, passing the finished liquid to the knight/general. "This'll fix whatever ails ye."

Theodore took the glass and drained it in one long gulp. After a few minutes, he felt slightly better. Apparently, whatever was in it, did work.

"Amazing," commented Theodore, returning the empty glass. "Whats in it."

"Ah," chuckled the barman as he returned to packing. "That'a be a trade secret."

Feeling significantly better, Theodore headed off in search of Valric. He seemed to remember his friend talking about going somewhere last night. Though the memory was a little foggy. But whatever his friend was doing, Theodore decided to go with him. He still needed time alone before returning to Castleton and the king.

Upon finding Valric, Theodore said, "Hey Valric, how's the head."

"Miserable," snapped the other, though he looked better than Theodore had, and he had had a lot more to drink.

"I'd suggest talking to the barman from last night, if he hasn't left yet. Anyway, you were talking about going somewhere last night. I don't care were it is, but I'll go with you, if you'll have me."

"Sure," replied Valric. "Though I must warn you, it'll be very dangerous, possibly none of us will come out alive. And you don't have a magical weapon."

"True, but I still want to come."

"Very well." Valric smiled. "It'll be great to have you along. Your friendship means much to me."
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Santis bent and dropped the limp Jaythus down to Viktor, and then he squeezed himself through the opening. The moment Santis’ red helm had vanished, Solesstorn sprinted over and leapt through the hole. The flagstone slipped back into place, and the four persons were left in total darkness.

There was briefly silence as the Easterners recovered. Jaythus was still unconscious, but he was beginning to stir. Sants clutched him tighly. Viktor was standing stock still, trying to recover his breath.

"Not the most preferable place to hide, is it?" Santis muttered to his companion.

"Chodan, no," Viktor answered, spotting a rat scurrying across the walkway.

The damp, enclosing walls and the slippery sidewalk refelcted the murky green depths of the sewers. All of Orion's filth and garbage was floating about in the waters. Rats and flies were everywhere.

"Come on, we need to be out of this city by morning," Solesstorn ordered, already navigating his way through the sewers.

"Tyco him," Santis muttered, as he began to pick his way through the stones. "This place stinks."

Solesstorn turned. "Do you want to go back up? I'm sure they'll be happy to receive you."

Santis shook his head quickly.

"Then be quiet." Solesstorn snapped. Viktor shrugged.

Santis was precariously balanced on the edge, when he was startled, as Jaythus awoke.

"Sa...Santis? What's...going on? Am I...still alive?" he mumbled.

"Keep him asleep, Santis Rufusclaw. He needs rest." Solesstorn called from further down the passage.

Santis whispered carefully to the dazed ambassador. "Yes, you're alive, but you ought to get back to sleep. Go on. And ignore the smell." he added.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Cloak was fleeing the city. It was an embarrassing thing for him to do. But Cloak didn't care. His need for haste arouse from the fear that he might have killed the one pursuer. If he had, Cloak was sure, the other would not rest until he was dead.

The shapeshifter had left the ball as soon as he had knocked out the man. He had hurried to the count's property, killed the count quickly, found the contractor, got his money, left the city and hid his newly acquired money with the rest of his cash. He had then turn west and started off with a very quick pace.

As Cloak walked, he mused on whether on not he had killed the man. If he hadn't, then both of his pursuers would be staying in Orion until the one was better. "I'll just have to hope that I only hurt him." thought Cloak. And he hurried on, trying to get as far away from Orion as he could.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir Kohran wrote:Santis whispered carefully to the dazed ambassador. "Yes, you're alive, but you ought to get back to sleep. Go on. And ignore the smell." he added.

Aided by the light from Solesstorn’s torch, Viktor and Santis, still carrying Jaythus, picked their way carefully through the dank, grimy passages of the Orion sewers.

“How do you know where you’re going?” demanded Viktor, clasping a bit of cloth over his mouth and nose.

Solesstorn did not reply. Viktor grunted in annoyance, then jumped as a rat scuttled across his path and in into the river of sludgy waste.

“Ugg…where does all this tyco go?” asked Santis.

“There is a giant cesspit north of here.” said Solesstorn.

“And that’s where we’re heading?” asked Viktor.

Solesstorn did not reply. For the next hour, the four persons continued their trek through the sewers, saying little, all trying to block out the horrible smell. At last Solesstorn came to a halt and said, “Stand back.”

Calmly, he waved his staff, and three-foot-wide hole was ripped out of the ceiling. When the dust cleared, Viktor could see stars through the hole, but the sky was light. Dawn was approaching. Santis looked about.

“How the tyco we’re gonna get out?”

Solesstorn simply waved his staff, and Santis, Viktor and Jaythus were whipped upward and thrown through the hole with a burst of magic. All three landed with a thump.

“Megablocks it!” snarled Viktor, “Warn us before you do that!”

Solesstorn leapt out of the hole with inhuman ability and then with another wave he repaired the hole.

“Come.” he snapped, “Up on your feet. We must hurry.”

“Where are we going?” said Jaythus groggily.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

“Let the meeting of the Cult of Shadows convene!” came the words of The Vindicator.

The Shadow Lords were back into the dark hall of where they made their council. Darkness encircled them just as before, but unlike when last they met; there was a new light with them. It was the light of the red fiery staff which emendated its glow from The Vindicator’s right hand. The other Shadow Lords were gathered around the large circular black table while standing motionless, looking at the rod with anticipation in their eyes.

“As you all can see now,” spoke the Vindicator calmly “Theron, like we hoped, has achieved his goal. Thus we now have one of the most important items needed if we are going to deal with the Great Sorcerer before his power grows beyond us and ruins all that we have worked for. However as you all should know by now, Theron is no longer with us and has of yet revealed his presents among the living. Still I do not believe he is dead and if he used the Shadow Dust as I suspect, then we must find him before someone else does. It is my intention then to send groups of our Shadow Knights in secret to search the lands of Dametreos in hopes of finding him so that we can restore him to his former self before he looses himself completely.

“But Lord Vindicator,” said a Shadow Lord with a bit of confusion in his tone, “if Theron is alive why wouldn’t he simply come and seek one of us out?”

“Like some of you may know,” the Vindicator responded “Shadow Dust can have strange yet many different side effects on those subjected to its power, and it is common for those under its influence to become discombobulated. And so I can only image what it is doing to one such as Theron.”

“Well” countered a Shadow Lord who spoke boldly “I do not believe we should use such resources as our Shadow Knights when everyday, more of our brethren join the Great Sorcerer, and everyday our strength lessens. The Great Sorcerer does not yet deem us a threats but the time is coming when we will need to show him our true opposition. If that day should come soon, then we will need all the forces that we can muster, including the ones that would be sent on this task."

“Do not forget, Lord Dellusar,” the Vindicator said sternly “that this conflict will have Shadow Knight against Shadow Knight. It will not be like the campaigns of the other factions. It must be done in secret from our part, in darkness, away from sight of the common person. Where the Cult of Shadows is concerned, it will be a war of shadows. This is why we need such relics as this staff and such individuals like Theron. Because it must be fought by the calculated minds of the individuals, not by the brute force of the masses."
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“Come.” he snapped, “Up on your feet. We must hurry.”

“Where are we going?” said Jaythus groggily.
Grid: K-10

Solesstorn paused for a second, then spoke. "To the Crusader lands," he announced slowly. "East, is it? I haven't been here before."

"I was in the Crusader lands a month ago," Viktor replied. "It's east. Now, please be more specific. Where in the Crusader lands are we going?"

"Port Brunshire." Solesstorn finished, turning. "I have someone I need to meet there. Then we're going south."

Without any other words, the group began moving again, going at a steady pace, apart from Santis, who was weighed down by Jaythus. The Talonjain noticed this, and spoke.

"Put me down, Santis," Jaythus mumbled. "I can walk now."

Carefully, Santis set the young man down. Jaythus was a bit dazed, but he could stand. Soon he was running along with the others.

"Um, Solesstorn?" Viktor called. "How long do we have to reach the Crusader lands?"

"Three days. At the most."

Santis was surprised. "But it'll take us that long to leave this place, and we've got the Cavaliers serching for us, along with those...things..."

"We'll take horses."

"But our horses are gone." Jaythus protested.

"They'll be back." came the flat reply.

EDIT: The CCRP is continued in this thread.