KK2 sets 8801/8802, with pictures.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

KK2 sets 8801/8802, with pictures.

Post by Bloody Jay »

Figured I should link you guys over.

I like it, at least the Vladek one. Mountain piece, pillars, nifty helmet, black pieces, black DOORS, light blay door connectors, all for - what - $20? Sounds good to me.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Do they have to put catapults on EVERYTHING? Regardless, I'll have to get a few of these.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Those are kinda cool. Vladek's set is certainly the better of the two, but that isn't to say the 'good guy' set is horrible.

The ship is a decent parts pack: teeth, that new brown wheel, lots of gray slopes...the hull of the ship is interesting too.

I like the fortress. It hinges, and it has some hints at battlements, etc. For parts, it looks great: lots of black, brown BURPs, plus two of those large dark gray slopes with rock printing! Plus you gotta love the dark red and dark tan parts! :) Also, it's interesting to note that the Shadow Knight has a metallic helm, though it looks very black compared to the helms of the Elite Shadow Knights.

I'll probably pick up the fortress sometime soon (but after the Vikings, of course!)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Catapults are an easy way to add medieval playability to a set. It is tiring for us who buy a lot of sets, but to kids who only buy one or two - having catapults is a must.

Thanks for cross posting Jay! I don't think I really care for either set - too many large premolded pieces.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!

These two sets are similar to the Vladek siege engine vs. Talonjay. Only it is the bad guys turn to be attacked.

I'm not to impressed by these sets. You think TLC could of put in one more minifig in each set. Like a Morcian soldier in the drop ship, and another Shadow knight in the small castle.

Oh well, be thankfull for what the sets do have.
As always, good pictures Bloody Jay! 8)
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

I like em as parts fodder but then again that goes for every set I aquire. Depending on the price, I may get a few of these but I will be getting at least two to say for sure. Hopefully this set will be a little cheaper than the scorpion prison set.
well I would at least like to think that I'm evil...
Heeck
Serf

Post by Heeck »

Wow, besides Vladek's Dark Fortress, that small Vladek's castle is the only KK2 set that I like. I highly dislike the ship, though. Maybe I can use it for parts?
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

The ship looks like it includes some Castle battlement Burps, two light gray

ones in fact...(most of the ones I own are blue)

While I am a fan of the"Barge" or "drop ship" idea (I use them in my stories)

It just does not work for me at such a ridiculously small scale...

as for the small castle, I like the figures, and it comes with two black Castle

battlement Burps...and two Big Gray Slanted Rock Thingies...A decent parts

set, overall...I do prefer the castle to the boat... we need more medieval

naval sets ,sets, perhaps a Knights Kingdom Guarded Port, or something???
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Hey, pretty good buildings for parts and design compared to KKII 1.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Tlc's theory: no catapults=no action

I´m not that impressed really, except for the mountain slopes and (maybe) the knights' new triangular shields, I do´nt think I would get very much out of these two sets, maybe if they did like last year and sold both of them in a combo pack... But just maybe...

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Nice WWII landing craft...
The fortress is pretty cool, too bad the insides lack.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I like the Fortess set, it has some definite potential to expand Vladek's Castle. Hopefully this one doesn't end up as a TRU Exclusive. They never have any decent sales in Canada.

The ship is a little less than medieval, but I do want more Jelly bean triangle shields. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Knights' Kingdom goes Omaha Beach. The boat is pretty ugly, it has not the least mediaeval feel to it. Who ever is in charge of devolping the KK2 stuff should be told that a mediaeval ship was not built of stone but should have some kind of drive (oars, sail).

The small castle wall is comparatively good. Though I get the feel it was stuck together quite unlovingly and uninspired it comes with some good parts. Black doors are the best of them. Those have been very rare before.

I based this little review on the actual models standing on my desk.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

KK2 Knights:
Go go go! Take them down!

The boat is bad, the fortress is ok. Cheap source of metal-thingy helms and new Vladeks. A standard as sail? Thats wierd. Gotta love the new shields though, and cheap source of Mathias flags!
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Maybe the fortress could do some good combined with Vladek´s Dark Fortress??
I'm back, and so is Castle!