CCC Flag system at BrickFest 2005

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Magnus
Artisan

CCC Flag system at BrickFest 2005

Post by Magnus »

Greetings all,

There's less than 3 weeks til BrickFest! I apologise for not posting this together earlier, but I wanted to let all Castle builders know that the we will continue with the Classic Castle City flag system we had last year.

Marc Nelson Jr., whose brainchild the flag system was, will be unable to attend this year but he has been kind enough to up date the flag site.

The idea with the flag systen was to identify buildings in the CCC town display by a distinctive flag unique to each builder. This means we can put the MOC cards around the outside of the setup rather than in the middle of the city. And it also looks really cool.

If you contributed to the layout last year and will be bringing stuff this year too, I'd encourage you to use the same colors as last year (but if you want to change just let me know). If you didn't bring MOCs for the CCC display last year but will be contributing MOCs this year check out this link to chose a two flag combo which (which no one else has already chosen) you'd like to add to your MOCs. Note that you are expected to provide the flags yourself.

http://www.lugnet.com/~326/bfdc05/roster

If you're bringing MOCs for the CCC layout, do remember to let us know in advance by filling out a MOC card. Include the words "CCC" on the MOC card to let us know that your MOC is meant for the CCC display.

Hope all this make sense to the newbies, Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks

Magnus
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Thanks for arranging this Magnus! It was something that was very cool and innovative last year - I'm glad it is continuing.

If I recall correctly, my colors were blue over red. Altho I'm not bringing much stuff this year, hopefully what I do bring will be very cool.

Last night I had a dream about trebuchets - so while I wasn't planning on bringing one, I may anyway.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
manjr
Gong Farmer

Post by manjr »

Lenny -

Indeed, you did have blue over red last Brickfest.

The flag roster includes last year's lineup in case anyone can't remember what they had last year.

Marc Nelson Jr.
Magnus
Artisan

flags

Post by Magnus »

Look forward to see your MOCs Lenny!

By all means, feel free to also use the same flags on other castle related MOCs if you like. I know I've started doing this myself.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

My mocs will have red over white just like last year. Also for some reason my browser has a hard time loading the flag page (ie and firefox). Are there any ideas why that is happening?

Ben E.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

architect wrote:Also for some reason my browser has a hard time loading the flag page (ie and firefox). Are there any ideas why that is happening?
I use both IE and Firefox and I was able to load the page, but it took a very, very long time, and for a long while it looked like the browser had frozen (but it hadn't). I think it's because there are a HUGE amount of images on that page, and it takes a very long time to process them all.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

Showing all the unclaimed flags adds a lot to the page's size.

Size of main page:
150316 bytes
Number of inline elements:
192 ( 192)
Size of inline elements:
489118 bytes
Magnus
Artisan

Bens colors

Post by Magnus »

Ben, you are still good for Red over White.

I'm sorry the page takes a while to load.
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Magnus,

I'll take Red over Black for my display for the CCC if it's still available. Thanks,

-Joe-
-Joe "Cool"
Magnus
Artisan

flag deadline

Post by Magnus »

If anyone still has yet to let me know their flag colors, please shoot me a PM ASAP, specifically by midnight tonight. Marc Nelson and I are trying to get some kind of name/flag type display thing going.

thanks

Magnus