Knight's Challenge
19%
Forestmen's Crossing
11%

Total votes: 124

Ibzonder
Serf

Post by Ibzonder »

Well, I voted the Battering Ram. I think the wall in this set is well designed and makes a good extension to another castle.The same cannot be said about the actual ram, however...

That and it's just about the only one I don't have...
--oOo--
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Ibzonder wrote:Well, I voted the Battering Ram. I think the wall in this set is well designed and makes a good extension to another castle.

I agree - the wall is a great extension (to King's Castle for me).
Ibzonder wrote:The same cannot be said about the actual ram, however...

I actually kind of like the ram - it's nice a basic, kind of ugly - like a siege machine should be. 8)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

They could be. But some people genuinely like specific sets. For example, Lenny likes Armor Shop the best out of these sets because of its design and it is the first castle set he recieved. The whole point is to show that many of these sets would be good legends. Even if Battering Ram was made into a legend, I imagine most members would buy it.
And this brings up another point as well; in spite of us all liking certain sets or factions and voting for them, all of the sets in the poll are much better than about anything out there right now. I'm sure we would all be glad to see any of these sets back on the shelves, and I'm at least one person who wouldn't even mind the bley.

D~Man
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

I vote king castle, i love all this set particularly the forest man set but i have a lot o forest man.. the pick are hard but finally i vote for the set that i spent much time to see in the old lego catalog...

and this is yet a set that i would buy at this time.. with a lot of minifigs :D
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Wow, such a tough list to pick one from. All of those sets would be a welcome sight for classic-castle-set-hungry eyes. Unfortunately, I don't have the space to open up a whole new storage system to seperate out the new colours, so I would buy very few, if any, of these sets... :evil:

With that said, however, my vote goes to the King's Castle. I won't buy the set itself, but I would buy just the figs from the secondary market. It's hard to find lion/axe knights in good conditions nowadays.
-Bryan
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

nooo! The outpost is outnumbered in votes! Quick, vote for it, people!
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

King's Castle. I firmly believe that LEGO -needs- the major castle set from every line. That would be the ultimate 'Legends Collection.'
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Although the castle here is quite good, very well designed,
I'd say that Lego's real legends are the majisto and black knights castles. Aslo the wolfpcak.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Nick wrote:Although the castle here is quite good, very well designed,
I'd say that Lego's real legends are the majisto and black knights castles. Aslo the wolfpcak.
Every generation of LEGO users has its own legends. Future AFOLs will fondly think of the Castle of Morcia as their "legend".

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

Every generation of LEGO users has its own legends. Future AFOLs will fondly think of the Castle of Morcia as their "legend".

Bye
Jojo
Exactly. You like sets like the Yellow Castle, Black Falcon Fortress, etc. because you grew up with them. I like sets like the Royal King's Castle, Dark Dragon's Den, etc. because I grew up with them. Thus, if I had to choose a Castle set to be a Legend, I'd have Dark Forest Fortress or Royal Drawbridge or something like that, because I grew up with the nineties sets. (though I voted for Camaflouged Outpost here)

- Matt
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

Bye
Jojo
That is most likely true, but I just want to point out that some of the next generation (me included) would much rather have a Yellow Castle or a 6080 than the Dragon Masters, KKI, or KKII that we grew up with. At least, I would.

D~Man
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Jojo wrote:Every generation of LEGO users has its own legends. Future AFOLs will fondly think of the Castle of Morcia as their "legend".
Now while I certainly don't speak for all of us, I beg to differ. The castle sets that I "grew up with" were the Dragon Masters and the tail end of the Black Knights. That said, I favor older factions such as the Black Falcons and Crusaders - sets of which I had never even heard of growing up.

On topic, I would like to see a forestman set come out. There would be less Bley, it would reintroduce another faction, and really, who cannot like forestmen? The Camoflaged Outpost was a really great set - certainly one I would like to see produced.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

*Warning; message concerning bley is ahead. Please do not let it sidetrack thread.*

I have noticed more than one person vote for this or that set "because there would not be much bley in it." No offense to anyone who holds this opinion, but I actually would like a set with a lot of bley in it because, although its advent is unfortunate, bley is here, so I would like to start stocking up on it. Of course, my opinion might be swayed by the fact that I have very little old gray bricks in my collection.

My $0.02.

D~Man
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I'm colourblind.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I win.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

So, I've been thinking about this for awhile now and I have come to the conclusion that 6080 King's Castle is my choice. I kept imagining that if I was to walk into, say Meijer, which set would I be most excited to see and which set would I be likely to buy multiples of. I kept coming back to King's Castle. Depite the bley. You can't beat the design, size, or number of figs.
Mr. D wrote:*Warning; message concerning bley is ahead. Please do not let it sidetrack thread.*

I have noticed more than one person vote for this or that set "because there would not be much bley in it." No offense to anyone who holds this opinion, but I actually would like a set with a lot of bley in it because, although its advent is unfortunate, bley is here, so I would like to start stocking up on it.
My thoughts as well.

My second choice would be either of the 2 forestmen sets, with the River Crossing the slight favorite (due to the woman forestman (forestwoman?). And only if they get rid of the white "helper dots". I mean, what are we, morons? They think we couldn't figure out how to build it without those anoying colored dots?).

In any case, I'd buy at least one of whichever one they choose. Even if it's not one of these.
Jojo wrote:Every generation of LEGO users has its own legends. Future AFOLs will fondly think of the Castle of Morcia as their "legend".
Those poor SOBs. :wink:

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432