Chat Changes

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Chat Changes

Post by Troy »

I have made some changes to the chat room. Thanks to Devari who pointed me in the right direction, the chat smilies have been corrected so that they display at the proper size. It seems that I can also ADD additional smilies as well, but that I will leave to another day.

I have also adjsuted the .css file, as some members were complaining about the ugly colors. I have made the background white, and the rest the blue from the shield in the top banner.

White may be a bit too bright for some people, so I may change this in the future.

Troy
Last edited by Troy on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

It is hard to see the green font colors against the white background. Then again, I never saw it against the other background.

-Jeff
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

The green fonts were hard to see beofre. There is no way to limit what colors can be used for the text, so there will always be some subset of colors that can't be seen no matter what background color is used.

Troy
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

very good job - nicely well done. the smileys are all you promised and more.

huzzah for troy!

*great wave of relief at being able to smile very broadly again..*

LF
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

I like the smileys better, but I don't think I like the overall color scheme as well.

Mr. D
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

The color sceme was a "work in progress". It has now been changed to match the forums. This should be easier on the eyes and allow for more continuity with the rest of the site.

Now if I could just figure out the text color issue (would like to use the drop down box instead of the spectrum selector).

Troy
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hey, great work on the Chat room! It's scheme is eye-catching, but is still easy on the eyes. I love the drop-down list for the colors. It's now very easy to always select the same color when you enter the chat room.

Mr. D
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Yes, the chat is great now, the colours are much better. The only thing is, with the colour bar it saved my colour...I didn't have to select it when I went back in...now it keeps popping itself back to 'Black'...not that it's a biggie at all, but it is annoying. But good job and thanks.:)