Help me answer my nephew's question

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Help me answer my nephew's question

Post by footsteps »

Hi all,

My 7 yr old nephew sent me this message, with a further explanation from my sister-in-law.

Uncle Alan, Why does Gilbert the Bad have his eye patched out? Jonathan (a patch on his eye)

We found Gilbert the Bad in a Lego book from the library, titled, Castle Under Attack, by Nicola Baxter. From the Knights Kingdom Lego Kit series. He's one of the bad guys. Jonathan thought the Lego expert, you, might know why Lego added this feature to this character. Thanks for any help you can give. Lois

So, can anyone help me answer my nephew?

Thanks,
Alan
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Running with scissors?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I don't think lego ever officially revealed how Gilbert the Bad lost his eye. I wish he hadn't, his head is in tub with all my superfluous Harry Potter and Ron heads. All told I think I have about 150 of those Gilbert the Bad heads sitting around.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

give them to me? ;)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
wlister wrote:All told I think I have about 150 of those Gilbert the Bad heads sitting around.
So you should create a faction which uses this eye patch as part of their uniform :-)
(Like Amazons burnt off one of their breasts for better adjusting their bows.... Or Yakuza members having fingers chopped off.... Children! Don't try that at home!)

Bye
Jojo

lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Running with scissors?
:D Gosh. That cracked me up. In response to your question, if you asked the Lego Company itself, you'd get an answer like "Use your imagination!" That's the best I myself can give you. :)
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Lego don't said how he has a eye patch. That's because Lego want us to imagine ourselves how it happen. Your nephew can surely make his own story about that. :wink:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Perhaps it happened like this:

King Leo's knights were enforcing a royal tax, and came into Gilberts village when he was a teen. His parents had no money to pay the tax and when they were hauled off to the dungeons, Gilbert fought back. As a punishment for this rebellion against the King he was sentanced to death. However, because the King was feeling "lenient" he only lost his eye.
Gilbert wanderd the kingdom until he Joined up with the bulls, for only one thing...(you guessed it) REVENGE. :evil:

This would explain the sour look on his face.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

when jojo said about fingers geting chopet off i was laughing alll day about that one lol :lol:

lone ranger
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Ha Ha Ha ! :lol:

You are crazy LEGOFREAK.

What a cute story! I don't think it will be adequate for a 7 year old child, but it's very funny. I presume you don't like King Leo. Me too.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Im a fan of the knights, but not the king.
He looks like one from a deck of cards, which is supposed to be the idea I think.
ANd yeah, a little to heavy for a seven year old... But how can he lose his eye in a way that isn't TOO bloody?
I mean it's not like he could forget it somewhere right? :D