My first Castle MOCs

Post by Paco »

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=71879
I'm quite proud of my catapult as it can shoot a 2x2 brick over 2 meters :D

Let me know what you think
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Nice design! I like the windlass you use to pull the thowing arm down again.

Mr. D
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Nice castle. Is it possible to see the interior of the castle? :)

The catapult looks impressive. How long did it took you to design the mechanism?

Thanks. :D

Erwin
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

nice black tower. I like the flames on top.

The catapult is awesome too. Great range!

LF
jb
Freeman

Post by jb »

Nice work. Does the string to pull the arm of the catapult down come off during a throw, or does it just unwind? I'd like to see a picture of it in the loaded state. Keep it up!

James
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

nice design on the catapolt!! I like the way you used the "space" cockpit to hold the 2 x 2. I to was wondering if the string detaches or just unwinds. I would have thought that the pressure might break it.
Might I make a susgestion? Not sure historicly, but most of my catapolts are pulled by horses. They seem a good way to get something that heavy around. I noticed that there are two "arms" down on the sides. Guessing they are for men to push it. Maybe you could use some sort of hitching on it... anyway just a thought
here are two ideas...
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2397
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4587

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Paco
Serf

Post by Paco »

Thanks for the nice words.
The tower doesnt really have an interior. It has a bed made out of a red 2x4 plate with a sand blue 1x2 tile on it and it has a small "desk" made out of 2 1x1 bricks and a 2x4 plate.
The string that holds the catapult arm is quite strong and doesnt snap when the arm is let go . There's no releasing mechanism... yet. I'll have to work on that. All I do is just let go of the turner.
It took me along time to get the rubber band system right. Every time I thought I had it in the right place and pulled the arm down the arm either fell apart or the pieces that were holding the end of the rubber bands would go flying off into the air. I also had a "stopper" there aswell. It was just a 1x4 brick across the middle, mainly to give it more support. But every time I fired it with it there the arm would shatter and had to be rebuilt.
I'll try my ahnd at making instrutions for it.