Brickfest PDX this weekend

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Brickfest PDX this weekend

Post by Bruce N H »

Hi all,

Just one quick little nitpick on the front page announcement: "there's a Brickfest (or Brickfest scale) AFOL meeting twice a year, every year!" Our European members will remind us that Legoworld (I think that's the name) in Amsterdam (again, I can easily bear correction) is pretty darn big itself. There are also other large fests, like NWBrickCon, etc.

Nitpicking aside, I wish I could be there. Have fun everyone! Everyone be sure to greet my sig fig, who will be hanging out in the castle display.

Bruce
moom
Freeman

Re: Brickfest PDX this weekend

Post by moom »

Bruce N H wrote:Our European members will remind us that Legoworld (I think that's the name) in Amsterdam (again, I can easily bear correction) is pretty darn big itself.
Thank you. On could even argue "pretty darn big" is an understatement. Last year we've recieved 40.000 paying visitors. Ofcourse they are not only AFOL's, it's a real family event, so we entertain a lot of juvenile fans also. On top of that, participating to the event is free for all voluntiers, exhibitors and presentation-organisers.

The LEGOWORLD event takes place in the "IJsselhallen" exhibition complex in the town of Zwolle, but being such a small country, to American driving standards it's not far from Amsterdam: only 110km.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.