Mini Castle Standard

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Jedipawn
Artisan

Mini Castle Standard

Post by Jedipawn »

I was wondering if anyone had already or has any interest in creating a standard simular to CCC for mini scale castles??
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Hmmm.... that might indeed be interesting....

Complete with interlocking castle walls and all!

I like the idea, and would certainly be interested in it.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

I made something vaguely similarly for BrickFest 2004 Castle Awards:

The "standard" wasn't complete - more of an ad hox representation of the figscale 3CS. The wall pieces were on 6x6 or 6x8 green plate sections, and used 1x1 technic bricks for connections.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

I think it would be cool if there was a mini castle standard. The spaceheads build mini moon modules, why can't we :wink:
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

HenrytheV wrote:I think it would be cool if there was a mini castle standard. The spaceheads build mini moon modules, why can't we :wink:
There is a mini space standard? What is it? Could it perhaps be adapted to our own castle mini standard? I mean, I'm sure they've already done the hard work of figuring out the main stuff.... Henry? Wanna throw us a link?
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

Digging...... Digging...... Oh, here you go. Straight from my own mind :P

http://www.nwbrickcon.com/metadot/index.pl?iid=2313
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Henry, I like that! And very easily adapted to our needs.

Now, I guess the question is..... is there enough interest in doing something like this?
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

I was joking. Man, if you think I'm that smart there's something wrong with you :shock:
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Recluce wrote:Now, I guess the question is..... is there enough interest in doing something like this?
Generally, we don't need a massive amount of interest BEFORE doing something. When 3CS was made, there were only a handful of castlers active. In fact, we used 3CS to generate interest in 3CS and castle in general.

Of course, I think a possible micro castle standard could be quite simple, just by following the course of 3CS. Divide into two areas: wall pieces and houses. Wall pieces sit on a 16x16 baseplate, are two studss wide, and are 4 bricks tall. The wall is in the center of the baseplate, with a 1x2 technic brick at the base to allow for connections.

Houses are made in the typical micro scale (1x1 round = a person), and built on plates, which are then placed onto the baseplate below to create an organic city. People, trees, roads, etc are then placed where they make most sense.

How does that sound?

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Altho, I think for a micro standard, there should be a landscape component. Perhaps similiar to Gary's Moonbase standard - the base is 16x16 +1 brick height at the end. This would allow us to go "down" for holes and such, and then people could go "up" for hills if they so wished.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I like this.... anyone care to give it a try tonight or tomorrow? I think I just might..... could be a lot of fun....
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Recluce wrote:I like this.... anyone care to give it a try tonight or tomorrow? I think I just might..... could be a lot of fun....
I agree. Sounds fun! I'll try my hand at some tonight. Also, doing this, I can kill two birds with one stone and perhaps enter what I build in Robin Hood's Mini Castle Contest! :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

I gave it a basic try with Ldraw:

I used a 16x16 tan baseplate, which isn't in exsistence but one could use the 16x32 baseplate to the same effect.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Ok, lenny, got a question for you..... is it baseplate (or plate) plus the brick high all around, or only 1 brick high? Does that question make sense? Cause, I thought that it was only 1 brick high, including whatever is used as a base, whether that be baseplate or plate. I just took a look at one of the pics and it appears that the 1 brick high standard has to include whatever is used as your base.... sorry, but your CAD rendition wouldn't work with the baseplate. However, I do like the overall look of the thing.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Recluce wrote:Ok, lenny, got a question for you..... is it baseplate (or plate) plus the brick high all around, or only 1 brick high? Does that question make sense? Cause, I thought that it was only 1 brick high, including whatever is used as a base, whether that be baseplate or plate. I just took a look at one of the pics and it appears that the 1 brick high standard has to include whatever is used as your base.... sorry, but your CAD rendition wouldn't work with the baseplate. However, I do like the overall look of the thing.
I actually like the idea of imbedding the technic brick into the terrain and putting it directly on the plate. It makes things a lot simpler. Remember, the 3CMS (Classic Castle City Mini Standard) doesn't have to be exactly like the mini moonbase.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].