Set prices

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Toombinator
Serf

Set prices

Post by Toombinator »

I'm looking to buy a few sets off a Bricklink. How does 85 for a King's Castle, 30 for a Siege Tower, and 20 for a Blacksmith Shop sound? (ripoff, ok deal, good deal)
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

It really depends on condition of the bricks and minifigures. If they have been played with a lot (many scratch marks, teeth marks, and possible yellowing) it is overpriced. For sets that are moderately used to lightly used it is a good price. Sets on a shelf (SOS - hey a new acronym :wink: ) that were build once or twice would cost much more.

Overall the prices are about average - but check condition.
Toombinator
Serf

Post by Toombinator »

Yeah, I shopped around and found the best price for the best 100% one, good conditions.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I forgot to add: ask the seller for photos. Many sets on BL link to the instruction image. Photos are good just because you may disaggree what is "good" I might hold off on some sets, like 375 (and hopefully 6080) which will probably eventually be legends. Sets like blacksmith shop are good because they have a pitchfork and are unlikely for a legend release.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

*off topic*

I think we are traumatised by the Lego decision to not rerelease pitchfork. It's almost in all discussion. :lol:
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Also, take in account for shipping. If you live in New Jersey and the seller is in France, shipping can rack the price up around 10-15 dollars in some cases