Stories Published Right Here on CC

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Stories Published Right Here on CC

Post by Formendacil »

Yes, you read that title right. Classic-Castle.com has published eleven LEGO epics to date, all of which are little known by the community at large.

Now, before you get your hopes up, allow me to point out that these are not single-fan written tales hosted on our server. Nay, these are self-contained section of the Classic-Castle Roleplay that have been completed, edited, and archived. And it is my pleasure to announce them to the CC members at large, for their reading pleasure.

Many of you are aware of the existence of the Roleplay, but how many of you have done more than glance in the forum? Well, in case you were not already aware, the Roleplay is essentially a continuous story in the making, and was have already put out eleven tales.

These are text-only tales. Only a smattering of pictures have been made in connection with the Roleplay, and those are not included in the Archive. However, we believe we are correct in thinking that our tales are well-written enough to stand on their own without the aid of illustrations, awesome though those might be.

Although the greatest reward of Roleplaying on this site is the satisfaction of a post well-done, and the accolades of our fellow Roleplayers, we wish to share our works with the forum at large. We are therefore inviting you to read the completed epics, and give us your comments, accolades, and criticisms here as you would to any story.

We are aware that most people here don't care or have the time to join us in the fun task of crafting these tales, but there is no reason why you cannot enjoy the final product just as you would the tales of Ikros, Andrastavia, or Sikaron.

In the next post, I will list the epics and give you a brief description each.

Enjoy the humble products of our fun!

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator, on behalf of the Members of the Classic-Castle Roleplay~
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Misfits of Dametreos (Part 1 and Part 2)

The very original epic of the Roleplay, unique in it's carefree, unplanned nature, this boisterous epic chronicles the meeting of the group to be known as the "Misfits" and their subsequent adventures involving malevolent Crusaders, thieving pirates, and KK2ers as seen at the height of anti-KK2 times here on CC.

The Fell War

Even as the Misfits' adventures were coming to an end, and that heroic group began to break up, war began to rise between the Dark Forest and the Wolfpack. Eventually, some of the splintered Misfits make their way into the tale. A tale of war and magic, introducing new characters and lands. A more serious tale than the Misfits of Dametreos, it followed a more predefined plot.

Dragonlust

Dragonlust follows the course of events immediately after the Misfits of Dametreos, and introduces several new characters. It's main protagonists are the largest remaining group of Misfits and several new allies they pick up along the way.

The Return of the Bulls

Completely without thought, the Bull Knights were left off of the original CCRP map, and so one of the characters in the Misfits of Dametreos was the "last of the Bulls". Taking up right after the Misfits of Dametreos, this epic follows the life of that last Bull, King Barbod, as he learns that this is not so, but that he is heir to an entire kingdom in hiding. As it progresses, it picks up the thread of events after The Fell War and Dragonlust, finally culminating in Barbod's reunion with his hidden people.

The BloodVaine Epic

Named for its chief antagonist, the BloodVaine Epic is the greatest of all CCRP epics. It's earliest chapters run parallel to the Return of the Bulls, but it soon absorbs all of the CCRP into its orbit, as all of Dametreos (the lands of the CCRP) becomes embroiled in a massive war, culminating in an epic battle.

Walf's Adventure

The end of the BloodVaine War meant several untied loose ends, one of which was the tale of young Walf and his mismatched friends. This short tale is extremely well-written, as well as being one of the shortest in the Roleplay.

Quest for the Wizardsbane

The story I led, this one started before the BloodVaine Epic, with some references to it appearing in Dragonlust. It finally came to its ultimate end some months after the defeat of BloodVaine, in a sorceror's duel and battle in the Old Ruins. A reading of the BloodVaine Epic is advised for complete understanding, since the characters got interrupted in the middle of this plot by that all-encompassing war.

The War Within the Wolfpack

The BloodVaine War was over, and Dametreos should have been at peace. But such was not the case. Only a few months after the fall of BloodVaine, the Wolfpack erupted in a bloody civil war that saw the rightful king deposed, and various factions turn the land into a bloody battleground of self-serving factions. Ultimately good triumphs, but at what cost?

Peregrine Politics

The Black Falcons are, strangely enough, the black sheep of early CCRP history, and in the BloodVaine War they sided with evil. Following crippling defeats and the death of their king, the Black Falcons now find themselve struggling to rebuild their shattered nation and find their international footing once again.

The Lost Stars Chronicle

The last hurrah of the Misfits, this tale traces its origin to two pendants that played a role in the Misfits of Dametreos. Here we finally learn of their true purpose, and a company including several of the Misfits and their later allies band together to destroy the pendants, and also the malingering spirit of BloodVaine, which has cast Dametreos into an unnaturally bad winter. The climax of this epic is arguably the best one yet written in the CCRP, and is full of old favourites as well as a few hints of future leading characters.

A Seafaring Saga

The last currently-published saga, this tale involves the kidnapping of a princess and a following chase on the high seas. Occuring right after the nearly simultaneous endings of the Quest for the Wizardsbane, The Lost Stars Chronicle, Peregrine Politics, and War Within in the Wolfpack, this tale is the first one that truly escapes the shadow of BloodVaine, and is the first one wholly within the brave new Dametreos of the future.

There, my dear friends, are the CCRP epics! I highly encourage you to pick one, read it, and give us feedback here on our ability as storytellers. And if you have any questions about the Roleplay in General, just stop by the Gaming Forum, and drop us a line. We'll be only too happy to help.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Interesting, but the strength in lego stories are pictures, without them I have an even harder time seeing my childhood favorite Majisto as an evil idiot... :?
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I had read the first two and they are very good. I have thought about joining you all, but I don't have the time. But I do enjoy the stories so keep it up!

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

This is a great idea - many times I have been curious to see what you all have been turning out, but the gaming forum is a bit daunting in it's size and complexity to a non-gamer like me. Your post organizes, identifies and describes each tale... perfect!

I must agree somewhat with what you and the Hordesman said in that pictures and illustrations make LEGO stories that much better, but I also do agree that you have all done a great job in writing these. I'll be reading up on them for sure.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Unknown Knight
Laborer

Post by Unknown Knight »

I started copying and pasting the chapters to documents so... I won't be keeping the phone line busy. :P (Wishes for Dsl to replace dialup :lol: )

From what I've seen so far I like the stories you've published.

There is few spelling and grammatical errors here and there, but you've done great job of publishing so far.
the Unknown Knight
----------
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Unknown Knight wrote:From what I've seen so far I like the stories you've published.

There is few spelling and grammatical errors here and there, but you've done great job of publishing so far.
Thank you! I'm glad you like it so far. Please, I'd appreciate if you pointed out those errors to me in a PM. As much as I try to proofread, there's always a some errors that slip past me.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Unknown Knight wrote:There Are few spelling and grammatical errors here and there, but you've done great job of publishing so far.
I think you has some grammatical errors heres and theres to. :wink:

As The_Hordesman said, the strength in LEGO tales are pictures, unless your'e directly involved. I have been thinking of joining, but as Josh said, don't have the time. Looks good!