Accessories, minifigures, and bulk packs

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
The Dragon Master

Post by The Dragon Master »

If lego won't release more castles, lets hope that they will make some more DACTA packs. Could use those pieces for my town and army.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Just a thought here.... This goes out to Jojo, just looked at the first picture you published above, and then it stroke me! Is´nt the black falcon guy on the boat actually aiming at the black dragon guy roaing? I agree that a bulk pack 30+ castle minifig set would be nice :D
I'm back, and so is Castle!
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

Yeah, even sets of 6-10 guys would be nice. But I want armor!
The ninja armor or the european, I don't care! I just want it! And grilled helms and more spears and swords, and axes and halberds and hatchets and greatswords and this and thatand this and that...

I WANT ARMOR AND KNIGHTS! not to mention s'more weapons...
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I agree, armor is needed as well as knights and other minifigs.

but also castle pieces, a big fat bulk-pack-bucket of those could be usefull.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Four Knights on horses with bardings and Euro Armor, one Black Knight, one Black Falcon, one Crusader, one Royal Knights. One of each horse, but 2 brown. Each with sword, lance and flag, shield (ovoid) and spear. All for $10 USD.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I would love to see Black Knights with Euro armor. I wuold also like to see Acesory pack with a few poined visors and round shields
Space rocks.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

It would be nice if the acesory would be more like the bulk packs and give more than one sword of each type or armor, sheild, ect.....
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

i want ninja swords in bulk packs. And scimitars. they only came out in the ninja and adventurers lines :(
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

The current castle accessory pack is pretty weak compared to the older ones.

The older ones were usually about $3 and gave you multiples of the parts you are more likely to need in multiples. This one assumes you need just as many crowns as pikes, but last time I checked, an army would only have one king but dozens or hundreds of pikemen.

On the bright side, the current accessory pack has a very wide selection of accessories and contains some parts that I don't believe have ever been in an accessory pack before, such as maiden cone hats.

It would be nice if we could choose the part selection in accessory packs and stuff. However, I think the current accessory pack was mostly created to use up molds for some parts. (especially the ninja accessories)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Fenneke-Jose
Peasant

Post by Fenneke-Jose »

I Think the knight with the Black Falcon shield and the other guy are Black Falcon's! It is one of the last set's with Black Falcon's, and so the are a little improved with armour plate and they have a crosbow.
Lego really should release a new Black Falcon set! But if they do that, they have to bring a whole complete Black Falcon line and I don't think they will do that...

Greetings,

José
xzerix
Villein

Post by xzerix »

A Castle-themed 30 Mini-fig pack? Mmmm....

Now we've got past the much-maligned "jelly-bean" phase of KKII (and actually I kinda like the jelly beans, but I like the new 2006 knights a heck of a lot more :wink: ) minifig packs make even more sense.

TLG have seen fit to include more soldier types in the 2006 sets (not everyone is a king or a Knight, afterall) and extra packs for civilians make sense. Probably not one pack of 30 but say four or five packs of five or six mini-figs (good Soldiers, bad Soldiers, Peasants, Mechants, Magical types?).

I guess lego know what sells well. Do customers want a war barge and a couple of knights or a haywagen? The AFOLs will always buy bits off of Bricklink, leaving TLG to just produce the more "glamourous" - i.e. Kings and Knights - minifigs which the kids just soak up.

Of couse, lego have realeased a set with 24 castle minifigs - the chess set. Blue helmets, lego? BLUE!? :roll:

Personally, I love the new helmets knights helments & armour - not so sure about the "Jellybean" knight's sheilds (the octagonal ones with the knght's logo printed on twice - My goodness TLG what were you thinking?) but love the MkI versions with the pointed holey-visors so much more (and from the dearth of them on the second-hand market I guess I'm not alone...) but can do we really want to go back to the dark days of the fixed one-piece helmet & grill. Not me!

From what I've seen TLG are really heading the "Right" way - in my view - with their minifigs.

So Lego if you're reading this, It's not just a question of "I want, I want, I want!" but "I'm getting and I like it!" pats on the back all round. Job well done.

Now about those minifig packs....
My Other sig is funny. Honest.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Lego needs to produce more of these accessory packs. Perhaps one that has ALL the Castle parts they've ever produced as one big giant super-accessory pack.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

xzerix wrote:but can do we really want to go back to the dark days of the fixed one-piece helmet & grill. Not me!
I'm also not very fond of the grill helmet as I seem to have quite a lot of them and never find them a suitable use. (Despite that the old visor helmet is far more better)
JPinoy wrote:Lego needs to produce more of these accessory packs. Perhaps one that has ALL the Castle parts they've ever produced as one big giant super-accessory pack.
I doubt this will ever happen. And JP, do you mean parts, that are strictly "Castle", or all the parts that have been used in the Castle sets? Because I really can't see how another 1x3 brick will help me much. And if you meant "Castle only" parts, I must admit I'm sick of useless magicians, magic wands, crowns, etc. IMHO most AFOLs have more than enough of these.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I doubt this will ever happen. And JP, do you mean parts, that are strictly "Castle", or all the parts that have been used in the Castle sets? Because I really can't see how another 1x3 brick will help me much. And if you meant "Castle only" parts, I must admit I'm sick of useless magicians, magic wands, crowns, etc. IMHO most AFOLs have more than enough of these.
I think what he intended was just the minifig accessories. And I'm inclined to agree with you. Despite the tragedy of having lost the vast majority of my LEGO collection, even I already have plenty of crowns (meaning, I have one) and wands (ditto).

If a 'super-pack' of Castle-theme Accessories were to be released, I would much prefer to see more useful pieces like spears, halberds, helmets, armour, shields, plumes, etc.
(I don't think we'll ever again see the classic LEGO sword. As I understand the situation, the mold broke and so TLG is not capable of producing any more of them, is that not so?)

I'm also not very fond of the grill helmet as I seem to have quite a lot of them and never find them a suitable use. (Despite that the old visor helmet is far more better)
In real history, "grille" helmets were an item used at tournament. They weren't particular effective on the battlefield, but were useful when fighting a bunch of of guys with blunted or 'fake' weapons, for various reasons. Because of this, I have a hard time giving those helmets to any of my LEGO figs that aren't decked out for tournament. Just 'feels wrong,' ya know?

However, it's nice to have a couple of them laying around, in case you do feel inclined to build up a couple of tournament knights.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Damien wrote:In real history, "grille" helmets were an item used at tournament. They weren't particular effective on the battlefield, but were useful when fighting a bunch of of guys with blunted or 'fake' weapons, for various reasons. Because of this, I have a hard time giving those helmets to any of my LEGO figs that aren't decked out for tournament. Just 'feels wrong,' ya know?
You're correct about this. It just doesn't feel right. Once I made a platoon of uniform troops wearing "grille" helmets - at least to me it looked ridiculous.

And to answer the topic - I would most probably buy grey and black bricks, sizes from 1x1 to 2x3 + corners. And if there's some cash left over, may be some minifigs and a bunch of haldberds (found myself in a desparate shortage of these).

P.S. btw, Damien, there's a PM for you