Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: January 2006

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

IM CONFUSED!!!
sOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! Im confused about where one writes about his characters. I'm new so I don't know what to do. PLEEEEZZZZEEEEE HELP!!!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord Nev wrote:IM CONFUSED!!!
sOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! Im confused about where one writes about his characters. I'm new so I don't know what to do. PLEEEEZZZZEEEEE HELP!!!
As I said in response on the very ancient thread where you asked a similar question, please refer to the How to Join thread:

viewtopic.php?t=6198

Please read this carefully, and then come back to this thread with any questions, comments, or whatnot.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Gahh! Hate to be annoying[er?], but who's got King Ajaxx? And whoever he is, would he mind autoing my characters in the current thread? I haven't found enough of his stuff, and I don't want to screw up autoing a king... You can PM me if you'd like to auto my guys in a conversation.

Thanks
Ethan
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

E of Alshire wrote:Gahh! Hate to be annoying[er?], but who's got King Ajaxx? And whoever he is, would he mind autoing my characters in the current thread? I haven't found enough of his stuff, and I don't want to screw up autoing a king... You can PM me if you'd like to auto my guys in a conversation.

Thanks
Ethan
Not annoying... just enthusiastic.

And that's good.

Anyway, King Ajaxx is an MNPC character belonging to Nathan (Lord of the LEGO) after the implementation of the MNPC rule, since Nathan didn't feel like consigning Lord Void to a lifetime of MNPC ignominity.

As for discussing a post, PMing is probably the best way to go about it. You'll want to work out dialects, the path of the conversation, its end results, who posts it, and all that boring, trivial detail that results in the posts we all know and love.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Here's an article I found on Wikipedia, it looks like the CCRP is really the CCOTBRPG :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_text_based_RPG

3 words: Ours is better :wink:
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Hi Everybody!

Nathan> I just wanted to point out to you:
"Did you know, Cate, that Port Crowne is the only Dametreosian capital city that is port?" said Hans.

"No."

"No other faction has had a capital on the shoreline." said Adrian.
The Western Knight's Kingdom's Capital/Castle; Blocktavia is on the edge of k-16.

:wink:
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

TheOrk wrote:Hi Everybody!

Nathan> I just wanted to point out to you:
"Did you know, Cate, that Port Crowne is the only Dametreosian capital city that is port?" said Hans.

"No."

"No other faction has had a capital on the shoreline." said Adrian.
The Western Knight's Kingdom's Capital/Castle; Blocktavia is on the edge of k-16.

The Capital of Ninjara as well....
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Thanks for the heads up, guys. The post should now be fixed. :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Thanks for the heads up, guys. The post should now be fixed. :D
No problem. 8)

I think it's time for a new batch of characters.

Name Dryna Delgelstein
Age 37
Background Countess Dryna Von Delgelstein is the wife of Count Lupin Von Delgelstein of Doufwuden Castle.(H-7)Dryna herself lets her undesirable husband rule however he likes over the people. But if she sees a problem, she’ll step in and deal with it before it gets out of hand. She comes from another noble family in the north, the Kavelsteins. She was forced to marry Lupin in some relatively unimportant dispute over a tiny patch of hunting ground.
Faction Black Falcons
Equipment Obsidian Staff
Place in Hierarchy Countess
Other Information Dryna has earned an odd reputation amongst the Black Falcon hiearchy, there rumors flying about that she is a practitioner of witchcraft. The main basis of the accusations are that she apparently doesn’t look a day over twenty and can get whatever she wants without trying. Occasionally, strange blue lights can be seen over Doufwuden Castle, all on nights when she locks herself in the tallest tower.
Looks Black Hair, Blue/black dress
Class Main

Name
Count Lupin Von Delgelstein
Age 53
Background Count Lupin Von Degelstein is an extremely corrupt Black Falcon noble. The “vile pig” as his wife calls him, usually spends his time, swaggering around through towns, accompanied by his goons. Collecting taxes for being in the pleasure of his company and collecting criminals and tramps and hunting them for sport.
Faction Black Falcons
Equipment jewel encrusted dagger
Place in Hierarchy Count
Other Information He has connections with every crooked minifig in Iadoraz Free port.
Looks Brown hair/mustache, pot belly.
Class Secondary

Name Sir Gunther Von Brickel
Age 40
Background A knight in the service of the Delgelsteins
Faction Black Falcons
Equipment Sword, shield
Place in Hierarchy knight
Other Information n/a
Looks euro armour.
Class Secondary

Last edited by TheOrk on Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luaedec Smaosoll
Gong Farmer

Post by Luaedec Smaosoll »

I'm back! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Sorry I didn't post for a wee while, I'll be posting soon.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Oh well... No point trying to fool myself any longer...

I´m sorry but I have to leave you for an undetermined period of time. It´s better to stop now before all of Ninjara gets embroiled in my plots.

If you want to know why I can simply say that the last years have been really tough and this autumn it went from bad to worse and then from worse to... even worse. I still have the time to RP but my fractured mind can´t muster the necesarry energy and motivation... Right now I´m in some kind of dim twilight between hating to be alive and seeing a new hope in the distant future.

Anyway, I´m trying to do something about my life now and this is a part of it. I hope (and think) that I will come back to you later. It would be sad to leave you forever since you are all great guys.

You will still see me around CC though, leaving the community would be one of the last things I do. Apart from a handful of people here in Sweden you are the only friends I have...

And you are all free to use my characters as NPCs if you want to (or the mods can freeze them in time if they prefer that).

I´ll end all this with a great thanks to everyone. You are all very nice and I´ve had a really good time. (And I hope you have enjoyed some parts of my work even though I think much of it is quite flawed)

Jonas Lindbärg
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Maedhros wrote:Oh well... No point trying to fool myself any longer...

I´m sorry but I have to leave you for an undetermined period of time. It´s better to stop now before all of Ninjara gets embroiled in my plots.

If you want to know why I can simply say that the last years have been really tough and this autumn it went from bad to worse and then from worse to... even worse. I still have the time to RP but my fractured mind can´t muster the necesarry energy and motivation... Right now I´m in some kind of dim twilight between hating to be alive and seeing a new hope in the distant future.

Anyway, I´m trying to do something about my life now and this is a part of it. I hope (and think) that I will come back to you later. It would be sad to leave you forever since you are all great guys.

You will still see me around CC though, leaving the community would be one of the last things I do. Apart from a handful of people here in Sweden you are the only friends I have...

And you are all free to use my characters as NPCs if you want to (or the mods can freeze them in time if they prefer that).

I´ll end all this with a great thanks to everyone. You are all very nice and I´ve had a really good time. (And I hope you have enjoyed some parts of my work even though I think much of it is quite flawed)

Jonas Lindbärg
Goodbye Maedhros, you will be missed. :cry:
I hope everything will be able to turn out ok for you in the end.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Goodbye Maedhros, you will be missed.
I hope everything will be able to turn out ok for you in the end.
What he said.

Good luck with life mate :|
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Maedhros wrote:I´ll end all this with a great thanks to everyone. You are all very nice and I´ve had a really good time. (And I hope you have enjoyed some parts of my work even though I think much of it is quite flawed)
Ow... How does one respond to a post like that?

Farewell, Maedhros!

We're really going to miss having someone as productive, well-spoken as you onboard. Certainly, we'll miss having someone with the knowledge and interest to shine the light on "dark" Ninjara. Your plots, while very clearly flavoured differently from my own, have always been a good read- even if America-centric Nathan can't keep your characters straight.

It sounds like things are really messed up for you right now, so I won't try and talk you back into this very time-consuming hobby, although if I thought I had a compelling argument, I'd be tempted to try. Perhaps if you tried writing happy ending plots, or comedic plots, you'd find yourself inclined in your general life to be more cheerful or optimistic.

It sounds geeky of me, perhaps, but I think about my RP characters quite a bit, especially walking to work, long drives on my own, laying awake at night. And you may roll your eyes at this, but thinking of the long and ultimately happy life Thomas and Merina will have makes me more optimistic for my own future, while the contentment of Sir Dractor in his stoically single life is surprisingly inspirational where my current (and intendedly lifelong) status as single is concerned.

However, I'm a little weird, and I certainly don't expect you- or any other RPer- to lay awake at night dreaming up the future lives of your little plastic figs. However, I do suggest that you don't overlook the therapeutic value of writing. If not inspirational, there's something about writing about someone ELSE's frustration and battles that can help ease your own pain.

But it's your life, and although I encourage you to look on it with more optimism, and to trust more to the good in people and nature, I can't tell you how to live it. So good luck and farewell. Keep your promise and stick to the forum. And even if you don't have the time or energy to RP anymore, don't feel like you have to be a stranger in this forum. Drop by and keep up with our humble stories, and let us know what you think of them here and on the Wordsmyth thread.

God bless,

~Michael A. Joosten - Formendacil~
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Formendacil wrote:It sounds geeky of me, perhaps, but I think about my RP characters quite a bit, especially walking to work, long drives on my own, laying awake at night. And you may roll your eyes at this, but thinking of the long and ultimately happy life Thomas and Merina will have makes me more optimistic for my own future, while the contentment of Sir Dractor in his stoically single life is surprisingly inspirational where my current (and intendedly lifelong) status as single is concerned.

However, I'm a little weird, and I certainly don't expect you- or any other RPer- to lay awake at night dreaming up the future lives of your little plastic figs. However, I do suggest that you don't overlook the therapeutic value of writing. If not inspirational, there's something about writing about someone ELSE's frustration and battles that can help ease your own pain.
Actually it doesn´t sound geeky at all. I see your point and I know how good it can be to write. I´m actually writing a LEGO story of my own. That´s partly why I had to leave the RP. I had to choose between the CCRP and my own story and I felt more compelled to write on my own. Probably it is because I prefer my own world.... where everything is a little bit darker and menacing.

If you´re interested in it you could check out Castle World. I had planned to start publishing already but as you may understand I became a bit delayed... I will soon start writing again though. Writing in your second language is a bit challenging but that´s my only way of reaching a good audience...
- Augustinus Hipponensis