Pirates of the Caribbean customs...opinions please!

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
jtherlow
Villein

Pirates of the Caribbean customs...opinions please!

Post by jtherlow »

Well, I had been wanting to do some PotC customs, so, when I finally got my hands on some brass cleaner, I decided to try it on a Qui-Gon Jinn head. I erased the beard-ta-daa-
Will Turner!

And I've also done Jack Sparrow. I didn't like him at first, but he's starting to grow on me... :wink:
Please, go ahead and tell me how great they are! Or how bad they are! And please, give me some suggestions!
Last edited by jtherlow on Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What the world needs now is Lego, sweet Lego.
jtherlow
Villein

Post by jtherlow »

I've lost my Padme head for Elizabeth Swann...and I'm planning on using an Imperial Armada torso for commodore Norrington....
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

Nice, but if you're going to go to the point where you erase some parts of faces, then you should go to the point where you add/paint dreadlocks on Jack. I'd also love to see some cursed pirates, but obviously its up to you If you continue this farther. good luck :)
Also, here are some of Richie Dulin's torsos I've used for officers http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=39633 just in case you think they might be better for the commodore and/or other officers. They are a bit too thin :?...
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

I suppose having bought the movie on DVD I should know this offhand but didn't Commodore Norrington, as a Naval Officer, have a blue coat? Red coats are strictly for the army and marines of the time period.

Sorry, the BA in history makes me irritable about historical innacurracies sometimes. :D
jtherlow
Villein

Post by jtherlow »

Nice, but if you're going to go to the point where you erase some parts of faces, then you should go to the point where you add/paint dreadlocks on Jack. I'd also love to see some cursed pirates, but obviously its up to you If you continue this farther. good luck
Also, here are some of Richie Dulin's torsos I've used for officers http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=39633 just in case you think they might be better for the commodore and/or other officers. They are a bit too thin ...
I do need to add dreadlocks on Jack, I've been thinking about that...
I suppose having bought the movie on DVD I should know this offhand but didn't Commodore Norrington, as a Naval Officer, have a blue coat? Red coats are strictly for the army and marines of the time period.

Sorry, the BA in history makes me irritable about historical innacurracies sometimes.
This torso was once available in blue, but I can't find it on Bricklink, it's currently on my watch list. :) If you have one, please feel free to mail it to me! :wink:
Rs_Conqueror
Peasant

Post by Rs_Conqueror »

havn't you forgotten somone? like maybe the undead pirates?
Well, I got a present for ya.
PSD here::
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Elija ... zombie.psd
Hope you like it :)
~ RS
lack of parts = innovation
jtherlow
Villein

Post by jtherlow »

Thanks, that is really cool! I'd print it out and try it right now, put my color printer is busted. :x So I have to wait...