Celebrate the legacy: 2 years of the Classic-Castle Roleplay

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Celebrate the legacy: 2 years of the Classic-Castle Roleplay

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

How time flies. It was two years ago today Nikos Dametreos, the founder of the Classic-Castle Roleplay, posted the first addition to the Classic Castle Roleplay. It was about Reno, a lone adventurer, in a pub. He would go on to meet those who would eventually become the Misfits: Barbod, Bjarn, Drakko, Willem, Graygon and Aros.

Now, Reno is retired from adventuring. He's married to Shainya, who is pregnant. Barbod has his kingdom back. Bjarn is the leader of the Forestmen. Drakko is the Prime Minister of the Black Falcons. Willem continues to rule the Wolfpack, with Graygon at his side. And Aros carries on the spirit of the Misfits, off in the unknown, adventuring with his half-brother Luxus.

There have been many tales since the Misfits. Many adventures. New locations born. Characters born and died. New mysteries, new horrors, new comedies, new romances.

In the two years of the Classic Castle Roleplay, I have witnessed the birth of a universe: Dametreos. Factions have risen. Armies have fallen. Characters have left their mark upon a landscape molded and created by the minds of many. Dametreos is first and foremost a child of all of us.

Through these past two years, 53 members have come and gone. 13 epics have been written and archived, with many more already written. Countless passages have been written. I think I can safely say several novels worth of text has been poured into the Classic Castle Roleplay, and none of it put to waste.

So here's to Reno. To Barbod. To Bjarn, Drakko, Willem, Graygon, Aros, Shainya, Lord Void, Sir Dractor, The Old Man, Radjar Kath, Fraun Jerlock, The Lone Falcon, Bernard and Elwen, Gib, Thenais, Caimlin, The Soceror-King, Elbadar, Drock, Aiden, Kae-Os, Vanderdious, Voolmark, Rosa, Viktor Okzskcarouldghf, Captain Broadside, Targon, Elsa Byrd, Ajaxx Dragonsbane, Vaekadaer, Dale, Thomas Valt, Jayko Falconensis, Jack Craft, Jaythus Van Hawkonus, Santis Rufusclaw, Solesstorn, Valric, Norbrik Ogbriksson, Kukishinden Hidemitsu, Mircea, Cynan, Kor, Burtrand Storm-Rider, The Wanderer, Randolph, Sheath, Aethen, and Hans, Adrian and Cate, and to all the other characters, large and smalled, famous and infamous, who call Dametreos their home.

To the characters of the Classic-Castle Roleplay. And to the writers of the Classic-Castle Roleplay. To two years.
Last edited by Lord_Of_The_LEGO on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Wow...

Two years ago I hadn't even joined CC- let alone the Roleplay, or become Roleplay Moderator...

Time flies when you're having fun!

Drinks all around!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

*Sir Kohran tries to sing*

...We've come a long, long way together
Through the hard times and the good
I have to celebrate you, CCRP,
I have to praise you like I should...

Hmm...not the best Fatboy Slim impersonation...oh well.

We've come a very long way, lads. Most of you have been here far longer than I, and yet, I still feel a sense of pride and achievement. I'm proud to be a part of the CCRP.
Lord Of The LEGO wrote:...Jaythus Van Hawkonus, Santis Rufusclaw, Solesstorn...
*sniffs* I'm so happy! Thank you Nathan!
Drinks all around!
Yay! *downs a large vodka and throws up*

- Matt
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

A huzzah for each CCRP Character!
:D
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Okay, nevermind.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

E of Alshire wrote:A huzzah for each CCRP Character!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Okay, nevermind.
Nah,

Huzzah!

What is it with Jan 31/Feb 1st? I know of a dozen birthdays on those two days, one of which mine.

Heres to another great year! :D
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Wow. Has it really been that long? It seemed like just a bit ago I saw it was the CCRP's first year anniversary, and a bit later decided to join...

Huzzah!

Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Here's a song

Hey ho to the pub I go
To fill my maps and drown my woe
The men may die
The players lose
But there stiil beeeeeeee
Much fun to have!

Sweet is the sound of the typing fingers
With a quest that flows with clever words
Better than AOE or a Tolkien book
Is a lot of fun inside this forum!

Apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien for saying CCRP is better than his books, but oh what the hey!It's a party!

Any chance to do another fig exchange? Please?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Dude.

You know its times like these that I ask myself what makes this thing we share so special. Is it the time and love we've put into it? The people we get to do it with maybe? Or is it something else all together?

Well, whatever the case, here's to the Classic Castle Roleplay and everyone who's made it what it is.

Cheers to each one of us. Each and every one.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Wow, thinking about all the RP boggles the mind. There is so much stuff. A detailed (and getting detaileder) map. All the factions listed with a bit of history. A very confusing amount of world history. 100+ unique characters. And pages upon pages of posts. I feel ashamed that I have been unable to contribute more.

Cheers to another year.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

T'was all so good, back in the sweet innocent days of its youth.

Not to say that it isn't good now. ;)

Not that I would know... ;)
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

The Green Knight wrote:Dude.

You know its times like these that I ask myself what makes this thing we share so special. Is it the time and love we've put into it? The people we get to do it with maybe? Or is it something else all together?

Well, whatever the case, here's to the Classic Castle Roleplay and everyone who's made it what it is.

Cheers to each one of us. Each and every one.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That's so beautiful. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Lord Nev wrote:That's so beautiful.
Lol Hey man, the RP is a beautiful thing. :wink:

Oh and sorry I haven’t been around much lately guys. The new and improved green knight is still getting the clumps worked out I’m afraid. Yeah... and now I’ve got some back-posts to read through.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

I was there at the start.
:P
It's been awhile... how is everyone?
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Sorry to post twice in a row, but i thought it would be in order to throw in my favotite passage, one from the good ol' days... to 2 more happy years... cheers.

Barbod felt the saber tear his flesh. It was on the same spot as his scar. The memory of his father shot into his head. His life was flashing before his eyes. An innocent child with an eyepatch. An old man and an elk. Falcons. Bulls. Pain. It was too much for Barbod to take. He had to focus. Where was he?
His head cracked against the ground. So little time had passed. He had fallen to the ground. Was it all a dream?
His vision blurred, then cleared. The assassin stood over him, sword poised, ready to strike.
“Just like your father went.” The assassin said. “Beg for your life, Bull. BEG!”
Where am I?
“BEG!!! Beg in front of all your men!”
Where is my spear?
The assassin raised his saber in both hands.
By my feet.
Barbod now had his spear between his legs, sticking straight up. He kicked his spear. Hard and sure. It shot up, like a dart, striking Faolin in the back of the neck. His eyes went a milky white. He fell on top of Barbod, but rolled off. Barbod rose to his feet, and picked up his fallen spear. He breathed a sigh of relief.
Faolan the Assassin was dead.