LEGO Castle has a future - already in 2004!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Jojo
Master

LEGO Castle has a future - already in 2004!

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Now, this is kind of a teaser because I don't have any further information. But listen:
Today a friend of mine has been in a toystore and got the opportunity to overhear the chat of a toy-salesman with the owner of the store. And it seems as if in the second half of the year we will get some new Castle sets. Only specification: They will be in the lower price range.

No, I do not know anything about those sets to come, let alone pictures, but now we can look forward hopefully. And there's always room for rumours. :-)

Bye
Jojo

lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

This is great news!

One thing...How would either the salesman or the owner know what Lego is coming up with?

Just the same, I hope you're right.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

wow NEW! castle sets, that would be nice. but then again Lego has been slacking off with there desines. after the lion sets it all went down hill from there. like now there takeing away peices, like for a set that has 300 peices is going to be 79.99. but lego is geting a little cheap with there castle sets. the my own craetion has a lot of peices its nice and big and you can open it up. :)

lone ranger

www.harveynet.nu/justin/
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

That's a good rumor !

I hope it's true. We will have to wait to know. But I don't understand too why they know something about it.

Lower price range. What does it means ? Lego will make small and average size sets ? Not big castles ?

I always think that their rerelease of Legend Castle will be an open door for new sets. Hope they will make sets that will be compatible with 10000(6067) and 10039(6074) !

This rumor make my day :lol:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

could we be seeing a return of the 6040 blacksmith shop? or (my hope) any of the sets with the round shields?
Ooooh - can't wait...
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

They don't talk about rerelease but about new castle sets ! Rerelaseing 6040 can be fantastic, but that's not the point. And oubviously the pitchfork is in this set. Which is not supposed to be remade by Lego.

Maybe that just signified that this store will have new castle set to sell in the second half of 2004. That's not necesseraly signifiate that Lego will make new sets. I hope this is not just this. :roll: :( ...
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Usually by this point in the year someone has leaked photos of upcoming releases, but it seems like TLC has kept a much better lid on things this time around. Has anyone seen any leaks? TLC has announced their upcoming Star Wars sets, and these can be seen on fbtb.net and elsewhere. Are their any rumors on 1000steine.de, Jojo? I haven't seen anything on Lugnet.

Bruce
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

sorry david - you're right, no mention of a rerelease was in that post. I guess because for so long we have only had harry potter for new stuff, and castle has only had the legends series, that I got carried away. :oops:
I would like to see NEW sets as much as the next AFOL.

As long as it doesn't include a witch with a stupid smile... :D
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Well two factors on not seeing any new sets:

a) Marz distributing is no longer selling LEGO...so no new
leaks that way...

:cry:

b) So far LEGO has done a great job internally keeping
the sets secret.

:?

What is depressing, at least for me, is the amount of
money I have spent on LEGO this year, and seeing how
much more money I want to spent to get the amount of
sets that I want.

May be that's a sign that I have to wait until they all go
on clearance.... :D

Ben M.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I don't want to kill your hope, but, maybe if Lego has keep this secret, maybe it's because there is no secret. :cry:

I like to hope for a better future in Lego Castle, but it seem that only time will tell.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Ben,

Why is Marz not selling LEGO any more? Did TLC get mad at them for the constant leaks and pull the contract?

Bruce
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

It seemed that Marz Distribution was the best place to find leaks, and I noticed they weren't selling LEGO for a while.

However, is this bad for LEGO? Did LEGO move to a better distributor, or did Marz drop LEGO because LEGO wasn't selling well enough?

I hope it's that LEGO ditched them. I notice the shelves were stocked poorly for a while, and now they are stocked quite well in my local stores. I also heard that LEGO hired a new "some fancy title" for North America. Perhaps he is changing how things are done, who they do business with, etc. Either way, for the last few months now, the LEGO isles have been stocked much better than they were in the first half of the year.
Denix
Villein

Re: LEGO Castle has a future - already in 2004!

Post by Denix »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
Today a friend of mine has been in a toystore and got the opportunity to overhear the chat of a toy-salesman with the owner of the store. And it seems as if in the second half of the year we will get some new Castle sets. Only specification: They will be in the lower price range.
In our french LUG, I found a news telling that LEGO will distribute small castle set with attractive prices in the first half of 2004.

The news in French :
http://www.freelug.org/breve.php3?id_breve=45

It seems to come from a LEGO spokeman ...

Denix, french frog with big hope !
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Re: LEGO Castle has a future - already in 2004!

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Denix wrote:In our french LUG, I found a news telling that LEGO will distribute small castle set with attractive prices in the first half of 2004.

The news in French :
http://www.freelug.org/breve.php3?id_breve=45
Agggggh! I can't read french!

Could you please translate the part on the castle? :)
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Babelfish translation:

And also, coming from one réprésentant of LEGO  :

New boxes castle in a range of price attratifs (they are thus small boxes),

New Boxes Harry Potter,

SW  : Just four MINIS,

Explore will change name,

Jack Stone will be stopped, because it is not a success,

Co-operation with Ferrari for the two years to come (with minifigs Schumacher and Barrichello),

New racers,

New boats (of which the greatest models will be provided with an engine),

Next series Sport, the golf, with Tiger Woods to make the promos