Black Falcons

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
legodude101
Peasant

Black Falcons

Post by legodude101 »

Why does everyone think of the Black Falcons as the bad guys.My favorite faction is the Black Falcon faction.

Please post your comments or why you think of the Black falcons as the bad guys.

Check out my website at www.emil#1.com soon it will be to look at and go on. :wink:

The eye is near.The end has come. :twisted:
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

I don't know. I've often heard the BF referred to as bad guys, but in my world they're good guys. they also came in a lot of good sets; making them good guys just on that point. :D Just kidding.

mD
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

They came from the era of let your imagination decide on who is good or bad, so it's a viewers choice rather than a forced "evil eye" Bull thing.

Personally, I usually think of them as German or Austrian rather than "good" or "bad". We haven't really had the "what faction is which nationality?" discussion here on C-C yet, have we? :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I never considered the Black Falcons to be the bad guys. I did eventually convert them into elves, but to me they were always just an army from another country. I never had great numbers of them so to me they were more elite than other factions, but not the "bad" guys.

The concept of "bad" guys arrived first I think with the Dragon Masters, the angry faces made them look less friendly. Then came the Fright Knights and they were either "Bad" or handicapped, I could never decide if Willa and the Bat Lord were evil or challenged. I don't even use their heads on Fright Knight figs. Then came the Bulls with their evil gray eyes, ohhh look at the guys with the evil gray eyes :lol: I rhymed again. And now we have Vladek all black and evil. Even without the obvious garbage story we know will be packaged with the KKII stuff, The bad guy couldn't be more obvious.

We don't need bad guys to make a line fun. That is an invention of modern times. The black falcons "bad", no they were fierce and had the best uniforms. No, set design in the Fright Knight, KKI and KKII was bad.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
jb
Freeman

Post by jb »

I always thought the black falcons were the good guys. The crusaders seemed to have more weapons and bigger castles so I just assumed the were bad :) Plus a lion is much more ferocious than a falcon ;)

James
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

But a falcon is swifter and steadier. And faster.

Anyway, I think they were supposed to be German, the Crusaders UK, and Black Knights/blue dragons France. But I never use them that way, my BFs are the good guys because it's the only faction you can really stock up nowadays. The KK1 people are good too, but I only have a few of them. The bad guys are a hoard of bulls, fright nights, zombies, and sheildless soldiers of evil 1. They happen to outnumber the falcons, but hey, the Falcons are heroic. And have a castle.
I also like to think of them as Eagles to myself, but I call them falcons because that's what all you guys say. And, just because the Crusaders are the kings men doesn't mean the king is always good. Think of a few countries today (I'm not getting into politics, just stating the obvious).

1: Or, maybe just misunderstood and needing of help in the mind. Where's the phychologists tudor shop, anyways?.
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Oh, the bad guys are always so much cooler than those boring good guys who are so perfect in everything they do. Just compare Darth Vader with Luke Skywalker...

But the Black Falcons are not bad. They may look dark and sinister but that's only because they are shy and introvert... Artists rather than warriors... Dreamers, visionaries who believe in the possibilty of flying (the eagle/falcon their coat of arms)...

I deny that the Black Falcons were supposed to be German. The middle ages are not the same as present time. There hasn't been one nation with one flag in a country. There haven't barely been countries at all. Several barons each with their own coat of arms lived side by side, owing allegiance to their king who also had his own coat of arms. The Falcon Lord of 6073 just was a subject to the king of 6080 (though there has never been an official king in the old Legoland days).
wlister wrote:ohhh look at the guys with the evil gray eyes
Argh, we ought have known! The evil-grey Bulls have been propaedeutic to the new evil greys. We have been warned! Why didn't we interpret the sign when we had the chance to! Now all is lost in vain....

Bye
Jojo

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

Oh, the bad guys are always so much cooler than those boring good guys who are so perfect in everything they do. Just compare Darth Vader with Luke Skywalker...

But the Black Falcons are not bad. They may look dark and sinister but that's only because they are shy and introvert... Artists rather than warriors... Dreamers, visionaries who believe in the possibilty of flying (the eagle/falcon their coat of arms)...
That's why they have brushes, and palettes instead of helmets, shields, armor, and...look, there's one now!

I deny that the Black Falcons were supposed to be German. The middle ages are not the same as present time. There hasn't been one nation with one flag in a country. There haven't barely been countries at all. Several barons each with their own coat of arms lived side by side, owing allegiance to their king who also had his own coat of arms. The Falcon Lord of 6073 just was a subject to the king of 6080 (though there has never been an official king in the old Legoland days).
I think you misunderstood my meaning: of the german people, not representing all of Germany as a single nation. How about if I just say they are from Westfalen? Why? Because my family dates back there for at least 350 years and I like Black Falcons, and they don't seem to fit the Irish side of the family. :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
TwoTonic Knight wrote:That's why they have brushes, and palettes instead of helmets, shields, armor, and...look, there's one now!
Hehe :)
I think you misunderstood my meaning: of the german people, not representing all of Germany as a single nation. How about if I just say they are from Westfalen? Why? Because my family dates back there for at least 350 years and I like Black Falcons, and they don't seem to fit the Irish side of the family. :D
Hey, brother! Maybe we are distant relatives?
I rather answered kaloo's statement with my statement, though...

Bye
Jojo, who also likes Black Falcons. Also known as Adlerritter (Eagle Knights) or Truthahnritter (Turkey Knights, but that's quite disrespectful.)

AoErat
Villein

Post by AoErat »

They were never evil to me. Sneaky, devious, and powerful, yes, but evil, no. They were the enemies of the Crusaders (obviously) but certainly not because of a moralistic comparison.
caesar2164
Villein

germans!

Post by caesar2164 »

Hehehehe

those Germans! :wink:

Not that I can talk because I'm Italian and "those Italians" works too!

Just look at what the Italian minister of TOURISM said
"those Megablocks germans coming to our bars and getting drunk!!"
(no insult intended to you guys of CCC, I was just quoting)
and consequently destroyed all TOURISM in Italy by germans.
The whole worlds leaders seem to be idiots! :D

Anyway sorry for my politics outburst. :D

You guys can go back to talking about LEGO... :D
Now where did I put that Brick separator?

Caesar2164

My Homepage:
www.geocities.com/caesar2164/index.html
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Well that sure was stupid considering that most tourists to Italy are german, at least in the northern part.

anyhow:
I never owned many Black Falcons (or "crow-knights" as we used to call them not sure about the translation but it had something to do with a crow :wink: ) and therefor they became sort of a side-faction to the Dragon Masters but they were never evil.
That was rather the role of the Wolf Pack.

Seeya around!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

When I was a kid, the BF were indeed bad guys to me. The Crusaders were my good guys. Reasoning? My favorite colour was and is still red, I never liked blue much soooo red was good and blue was bad. Nowadays though, I dont have any 'good' or 'bad' factions in my castle world, only good or bad characters.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Just studied the old (1984-5) cataloges over at Brickshelf, and it seems to me that the two factions aviable at the time were not enemies, but rather friendly factions.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Yes, Jojo, but unfortunatly the Black Knights (Monarchs) had their heads on earth, trained their troops, and put an end to reign of the Black Falcon empire :twisted:

Dragon Master

P.S. I have always thought of the Black Falcon's as being a democratic people, without a king.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II