Museum Replicas Limited - Medieval Weaponry Outlet

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Histo-Sci
Laborer

Museum Replicas Limited - Medieval Weaponry Outlet

Post by Histo-Sci »

Here is a link to a very good site that sells historically accurate and oogle-worthy medieval weaponry, etc. Get on their mailing list--their catalog is good! Me and my sister love this place..... Reminescent of Little Armory...sniff, makes me sad... :( Anyway, hopefully this will help customizers or at least help someone have a good time!

http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/home.aspx

Enjoy!

Histo-Sci
"...my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen." --Martin Luther
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

MRL is nice. Their quality is an issue of much debate. At the very least their swords are often far too flexible when they shouldn't be.

I'll come on later when I have more time and add a list of other vendors with better reputations.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I get my swords from Darkwood Armory. wwwdarkwoodarmory.com
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I bought some clothing from them one time, and though the garment was well made, their sizing was way off. I bought a shirt sized small/medium, and it's large to fit my 250 pound friend (I only weigh about 140). The shoulder seam is at mid-bicep and even though it's short sleeved, the sleeves come down past my elbows (I have very long arms).. I know medieval clothing usually henough as a more relaxed fit, but this was ridiculous. So that was 60 bucks down the drain.

I might buy accessories or jewelry from them (I don't buy weapons anymore from anywhere), but I will most likely never buy clothing from them again.[/i]
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Histo-Sci
Laborer

Post by Histo-Sci »

Seesh! I didn't realize that MRL had such a bad reputation... :oops: Oh well, I posted them for customizing help (i.e., VISUAL use only), so it is at least useful for that. Who can afford to do anything else with swords that cost $250-$250 green ones? Well, at least this thread didn't flop like my Bayeux Tapestry one...I at least have some replies....

Hey, Damien, I know you from MCN, don't I? I intend to join their sooner or later...I tried before I came here, but my stupid computer destroyed my first post! :o :o

Hey, Recluce, you are at MCN too I think, right? Thanks for posting your sword supplier! But, do you actually collect them? If you do, me says drool.... Swords rule!

Histo-Sci
"...my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen." --Martin Luther
SuperRadz
Serf

Post by SuperRadz »

Hi all --

I've been buying from MRL for a few years now, and can't say I've had many problems with them myself. To be technical they are a distributor (actually a division of Atlanta Cutlery), not a manufacturer, though the bulk of the reenactment stuff comes from Windlass Steelcrafts. I was unaware of any contraversy concerning the flexibility of Windlass' swords, but would be interested in reading more on the subject, if there are links available. They seem to have pretty good modern military street cred, anyway.

For interests sake regarding clothing size, I got this getup for Halloween in Sm/Med and it fit me (5'10", 140 lbs) fine, so it's how you hit it I guess.

I did have one problem with a falcata I got for my birthday last year: it was severely oxidized when I got it out of the box. I sent it back, and they sent me ANOTHER severely oxidized one. Finally the third time it was right. The good news though is that they were really nice about it the whole time, I paid nothing for any return shipping or for them to expedite the product back to me, and in the end all was fine, and I'm still a return customer!

--Radleigh
Histo-Sci
Laborer

Post by Histo-Sci »

Yeah, they are owned by Atlanta Cutlery. I'm on their mailing list too, but have yet to buy any of their stuff yet. They sell swords too, and also real 1800's muskets and stuff like that, and some great and inexpensive WW2 military surplus. I knew that most of their stuff was produced by Windlass Steelcrafts, so the complaints should go to them and not be aimed at MRL. Anyway, nice choice of weapons, SuperRadz! Thanks for the post!

In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

Histo-Sci