PurpleHills - the castle of the wizards

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
KennDoubleN
Villein

Post by KennDoubleN »

That's an awesome castle. I love how you stacked the purple tiles to vary the roof appearance, and the purple already makes the castle unique. I quite like how the tudor buildings are tacked into the side of the tower, giving it a more magical, unconventional shape.
Magnus
Artisan

!!!!!

Post by Magnus »

Unbelievable!
JasonSpears
Laborer

Post by JasonSpears »

Great work. I'm really taken by the tudor rooms attached to the sides of the towers. Also, as others mentioned, the colors work quite well together.

Thanks for sharing.
Jason Spears | [url=http://www.michlug.org]MichLUG[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I remember looking at this castle on Brickshelf awhile back, way before we discussed it here on CC. I was soo amazed, the roof design really blew me away. It looks like a great castle for play.

Keep up the good work!

LR
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Okay, I know this is going to look like I'm just going with the croud...

But I like this castle I mean, purpuel is'nt my favorite color, especially in Lego, but after looking at it for a while, it does look good.

That's an interesting technique for roofs. Good landscaping too!

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Write a story! Write a story!
This castle is way too big and too detailed and too awesome to be fully appreciated through just the pictures you took.

I think that the best feature of this monstrosity is the incredible use of angles in the outer wall, especially the stables. You have too many tiles :)
IMO, all of the SW pieces scattered throughout this structure lend more of a mystical feel than the purple roofs do. I especially like your use of the chrome antenna/lightsaber hilt staff design as an architectural element.

Another really impressive feature is the accesibility you've built in. There don't seem to be too many sections that you can't put a fig inside. For play value, this is easily one of the best creations out there.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Nathendricks428
Villein

Post by Nathendricks428 »

:shock: Where did you get all of those purple pieces?

Awsome castle
"Only the best is good enough"-Ole Kirk Christiansen, founder of LEGO.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Write a story! Write a story!
This castle is way too big and too detailed and too awesome to be fully appreciated through just the pictures you took.
Agreed... that would be really cool!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Infyrana
Villein

Post by Infyrana »

As already mentioned an absolutely fabulous castle. Incredibly detailed and worked through!

I think my favorite aspect is the way the "house" sections "hang" onto the high tower. Definitely something I will try out myself.
Best regards, Infyrana
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Hey, I like the Castle. The hidded entrance in the rock is my faviorite detail... Phew that's a lot of purple... I also like the 80's lego feel to it. I admit I'm not much of a fantasy guy, but this is pretty good!

God Bless You,

Nathan
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I don't know why, but I love the purple-teal and other colors like that and this castle is a really good example for the use of purple. I really love it and it also reminds me of Eminem's song :)

-Keep it real,
Yankı
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Simply incredible :shock: There is so many things I like about this castle I can't name them all. Very awsome.
00Psyren00
Laborer

Post by 00Psyren00 »

:shock:
That's amazing...
I just made a small army of Dumbledores with purple turbans and JarJar shields a few weeks ago. :D I thought I was the first person to think of it, :lol:
Nice use of the colour purple too.
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

Thank you guys, for your congratulations! Puh! A lot of questions, I try to answer:
  • The color: Purple works very well with (old)grey. I replaced the purple tiles with teal. But the whole castle then got a cold look. And I've no teal Minifigs... annoying wise I don't find the pictures I've taken from these color combination.
  • The Dumbledores: The most of them I bought on Bricklink. I tried with the cape cloth (522) in every color, but the black cape (4524) I liked most. Nearly most. My favorit was the brown one, but I only own 2 of them, not 80...
  • The distracting plates at the round towers: In the inner of the towers there are spiral staircases. The plates I needed, to connect the towers with the building between them. And the staircases should be passable from down to above.
  • The Story: I'm not a big writer. I will try to write a story for my next castle or Moc. This time I don't do so.
  • The Name "PurpleHills": I do not know denials that I was affected of the emenim (D12)-song :-D
regards,
jens
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

The dark tide wrote:How do you guys even begin to build somin that big and still add all the details?Do you build everything separately then add them together when they are all done?
I started with the idea to build a wall that isn't right-angeld. And it had to be high. And I wanted a big tower. And a hugh gate. The little chapel was finished, so the walls have to surround this building.
After all one came to the other. Some details I added after finishing and some along the mainbuilding-time
Lord Felix wrote:I'm glad this has been here before... I really liked the quality.
Thank you.