Redwall

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

The show was, I thought, a little cheesy. It definitely was a children's show. Martin The Warrior was awful! :x His voice sounded so fake! And his dialogue was so poorly done! Yet Mattimeo was the best.

About the movie, I think if the cartoon people did it, they would totally ruin it. The CGI would be phenominal in the tradition of Narnia. We really should petition a certain company to produce a Redwall movie.

BTW Kohran, I didn't know you were British. :shock: You don't get to hear much of people's voices around here. :(
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

BTW Kohran, I didn't know you were British.
I guess this is a bit off-topic, but it seems that the subject of the United Kingdom and Britain has confused Nev a bit, which is understandable, as it's kind of complicated.

A History of Britain:

In the beginning, there were four 'kingdoms' of the British Isles. The Kingdom of England, the Kingdom of Wales, the Kingdom of Scotland, and the Kingdom(s) of Ireland. During the Middle Ages, after much fighting with the Welsh, Edward I, King of England, made Wales a joint part of England, becoming the Kingdom of England and Wales. Several hundred years later, after some pretty savage fighting between the English/Welsh and the Scottish, the Kingdom of England and Wales was merged with the Kingdom of Scotland, becoming the United Kingdom. The country of the United Kingdom was given a new name - Britain. To symbolize this, the flag of England and Wales was merged with the flag of Scotland, creating the Union Flag, which became the flag of Britain overall, although the English and Scottish flags were still used for their respective countries. Many years later, Ireland joined the United Kingdom of Britain, adding the flag of Ireland to the Union Flag of Britain, creating the flag of Britain as we know it today. Though most of Ireland split from Britain in the last century, Northern Ireland remained a part of the United Kingdom of Britain, so the Union Flag (flag of Britain) still carries the Irish flag on it.

Phew...that took longer than I thought it would. I'll post something on topic in a little while.

- Matt
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Well, I will so you won't have to.

Here is a creepy mystery that I find, well, creepy. In Salamandastron they never mention what species Abbess Vale is :shock:. Kinda wierd.

I thought the way to say it was British when referring to people who inhabit Britain. Oh well.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I have read all the books except Salamandastron, which I started, but didn't get a chance to finish. I suppose I'll get it from the library, next time I'm there. I own High Rhulain, Loamhedge, and Triss.

Rosh.Gonff, the book that moved me the most was Outcast of Redwall, when Skarlath was killed. Lord Nev, I think Tansy was the first non-mouse Abbess/Abbot, so Vale would be a mouse.

I think that for a Redwall movie, the best medium would be clay. There are some really great claymations out there, and though it would take alot of work, it would be well worth it.

~smcginnis

EDIT: Here's a link to a great Redwall Encyclopedia I found through Google.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

:D clay animals. Where have we heard that before? Yeah, it was pretty sad when Skarlath died. It wasa worse when Log-a-log died in Mattimeo.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I have a query. I know the chronological order of the books, but I was wondering if anyone knew the timespan. For example, what is the amount of years between Lord Brocktree and High Rhulain? I doubt it is known, but I just wanted to check.

On another note, when I first saw Loamhedge in the bookstore, I thought it was a prequel, about the abbey itself. It was a good story anyway, but I was a little dissapointed that it wasn't in the past. Oh well, I guess Brian Jacques stopped writing prequels a long time ago.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Yeah, I thought it was going to be about Germaine and the Loamhedge mice.

I don;t think even Jaques knows how long the time span is.
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

I have read all the books except High Rhulain :cry: . I have also tried making redwall minifigs using just normal bricks and it worked pretty well :wink: Anybody else tried this?
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Can we see them?Anywho last summer (or was it two summers ago?three,maybe even four SHEESH!!!)a freind of mine lent me marlfox,I really liked it and decided to get more ,never did(Well actually I did read redwall ,martin the warrior and maybe one or two more but I barely remember them!)....Until last week I was roaming the aisles of my LL(LOCAL LIBRARY)and found some of the older ones,I`ve finished Salamandastron and Mossflower and I just started the outcast of redwall.I dont really like the fact that Urthstripe and Boar died almost identically,and the fact that so far in these three books there has been a reptile(or two)who has tricked the heros into captivity of more reptiles,I mean one book,two books,but so far three books with the same thing!Not that I doent like his books I really like the way each type of animal is different in personallity and "an` sometimes thur voyce,hurr" :lol: The stories are great and full of all sorts of genre.(Was that the right word :? )All in all REDWALL ROX!!!WOO-HOO!!!!
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

LET'S GET PSYCHED ABOUT REDWALL AND START A MOB! Not really...I didn't think anyone really knew about REDWALL. Ah believe Ah whas wrong.
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

Lord Nev wrote:We should petition someone to make a Redwall movies(s). They're making all these movies off of books so Redwall shouldn't be too hard right? :D
They'd probably screw it up. I can see the filmmakers talking now...
Director:Wow, a lot of people love Redwall.
Producer:Yep. If we ruined it, they'd be miserable.
Director:Let's go add musical numbers and gunpowder.
Producer:Then we can take a magnifieing glass and scorch a picture of Brian Jacques.
So you see, I'm happier just taping the cartoon off t.v..
smcginnis wrote:
EDIT: Here's a link to a great Redwall Encyclopedia I found through Google.
You found that too?
Anyway, another great way to do Redwall stuff is Shleich.(I think I spelled it right.) It's a German toy company that makes really nice toy animals. Some are great for Redwall.

Edit by Mod: Edited to remove double posting. Please don't double post, it makes for a very cluttered forum. Use the edit button or cut and paste for multiple quotes.
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

and then teh angels command and teh flydutchman are cool too =D

i liek the squirlls and of corse martin teh warrior. i think you can see i wrote "martin teh worrior" in lego and put it on one of my shelves in one of the pics on my brickshelf.

which reminds me i need to get that in my sig...

hmm

whatever

badgers are also cool... and i always love the encounters with logolog