suggestions for naming characters

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
LegoAddict
Peasant

Post by LegoAddict »

Danju the Clever wrote:I AM NOT!
I am simply trying to shed light on topics I find interesting, okay, Stop bothering me! You're really getting my mad now.
The same way your getting alot of members here mad 8) .

kyle

p.s. Im done flaming you now, your posts and most of the responses you get just prove my point.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LegoAddict wrote:The same way your getting alot of members here mad 8) .

kyle

p.s. Im done flaming you now, your posts and most of the responses you get just prove my point.
Be that as it may, it is not your place to be flaming anybody in the first place. If there is an issue with a new -or old- member, please either contact a Mod or Admin about it, or PM the person in question and work it out in private.

~Michael A. Joosten - Moderator~
LegoAddict
Peasant

Post by LegoAddict »

Formendacil wrote:
LegoAddict wrote:The same way your getting alot of members here mad 8) .

kyle

Be that as it may, it is not your place to be flaming anybody in the first place. If there is an issue with a new -or old- member, please either contact a Mod or Admin about it, or PM the person in question and work it out in private.

I pm'd 2 of the mods on sunday night.

Kyle
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

This is taking it too far. It's perfectly fine if you have something new to add, and I ALWAYS do. I would never post in an old thread to improve my rank, I simply join the conversation. There's no "issue" involved, okay?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LegoAddict wrote:I pm'd 2 of the mods on sunday night.
After which you should have dropped the matter entirely, rather than provoking Danju again with your Postscript on your post at the top of this page.

However, you are correct in one thing: this is over. Danju and Lego Addict: we do expect both of you to drop this.

Let's not lock this thread, old as it is, if we can help it.

In and of itself, there's nothing wrong with dragging up old threads- as long as one keeps in mind whether or not it is still applicable, and whether or not what one is adding is worth adding.

Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Let's try to turn this negative resurrection into a positive:

20,000 Names!
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Damien wrote:Let's try to turn this negative resurrection into a positive:

20,000 Names!
Oh yeah, that's a great site. I used that once for some Norse names I wanted to find out about. Those stupid flashing ads are very annoying though.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I've seen this site as well - it's amazing to me - I can't believe someone did all the work to add these names... but I'm glad they did. 8)

Also of great value are the baby names websites.

As is now, I've never used these sites to look for a new name, but I think they could be a great source if one wanted to find just the right name for a character.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Nice site, but incomplete. They don't have Luís, one of the most important ones! On the other hand, God has been gracious with me ( see João on portuguese names).
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Neither 20000-names or babynamesworld are very accurate but most often they work... I´ve used it many times when writing RPG chronicles.. The friends who play won´t know if the name I find really is for example a common Hungarian name after all... But I would never use it for Swedish names... that would just end up ridiculous :P
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis