WARHAMMER?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

My brother collected warhammer, but I never really got into it. I'm not all that fond of Brikwars, but I appreciate the audience it tries to serve.

I am writing my own Lego tabletop combat system at the moment that is flexible enough and simple (so long as you keep a few records and dice handy), and scalable so even a new Lego collector can play. If I ever get the details ironed out and create a few faction templates, I'll post the details. As with any good system, I need to test it, and I want some out-of-the-box materials completed, so this might take some time and feedback. :)
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

i dont play warhammer, i play 40k, which in my opinion is a lot more interesting. i play do warhammer fantasy with lego (though)
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Missing Brick
Gong Farmer

Post by Missing Brick »

I have with 40k. Don't play Fantasy, though. I suspect LEGO will play better with those rules, because 40k uses more ranged combat.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

lord azreal wrote:...i play do warhammer fantasy with lego (though)
Ahhh...this is my dream game. Warhammer Fantasy Battle (WHFB) with Lego. I can just picture the scene know.
- A massive army of two Lego Factions.
- Cannons
- Steam Tanks
- Gyrocopters
- Awesome scenery (houses, bridges, rivers, trees, fences, hedges etc)
- A lot of free time

What a great day that would be.
Sirch
Gong Farmer

Ever tried HOTT

Post by Sirch »

Hey

Warhammer is a good game but fitting lego on to the 20mm bases is 2 hard, I tryed the rules for HOTT, Hordes of the Things by Wargames Research Group. the rules work great and with a 60mm frontage 2 (3 three is really squished) fully loaded knights or three infantry fit nicely. The rule even cover most unit types imaginable.

Cheers
Olog
Villein

Post by Olog »

I just found out about a new (for me) warhammer MMO game : http://www.warhammeronline.com/

The cinematic they have is very inspiring if you plan on building battle MOCs, especially the dwarf vs. Orc fight at the beginning . You can watch the trailer Here. Warning: The cinematic is pretty violent.
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

You know that the game is only in the beta phase, and that trailer is 2 years old. :wink:

-Hob Took
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

Warhammer itself is a fun game, but it's very costly. In legos? Now, that would be interesting.

-Muskey
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
Roedskaeg
Gong Farmer

LEGO Warhammer base sizes

Post by Roedskaeg »

Hello

I'm new to this forum, but have just stumbled across this topic.

I have been collecting both LEGO and Warhammer forever, but just recently thougt of combining the two.

The normal Warhammer bases are way to small for LEGO men, but I think a system where 5 mm equals 1 stud would work very nicely.

Thus a 20mm base becomes 4 studs square, a 25mm base 5 studs square, a cavalry base 25X50mm becomes 5X10 studs and so on.
I think these will be about the right size for the figures.

The bases will have to be a least to layers think, because the ueven numbers clash with LEGOs 2-4-6-8 system in plate size. But staggering the two layers should give a good stable base. I would use green plates, or maybe top layer green and bottom layer black.
(I know this will require a lot of plates).

Regimental bases could also be used, with more figures on one larger base. This of course has to be multiples of the normal base size.

This will scale the whole thing up a bit, so that the "inches" used will be 5 studs long. But it should be quite simple to make a LEGO ruler.

I'm still thinking about which LEGO parts to use for what army.
May get back on this, or start a new topic.

It really was the new "Trolls" figures that sparked this off. They are just made to be used as Orcs....
And now they've made Dwarfs too!

Greetings
Roedskaeg
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: WARHAMMER?

Post by gormadoc1 »

I havent tried it but i can see how you can still use the same rules. :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

I made up some rules for a simple miniatures game with legos; I played it with my stepdaughter for a bit. Never tried it with Warhammer, though.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

You know, its because a guy here asked me about decals for his Warhammer fantasy figs that I got into WH40K. See, he'd seen a few decals I did, and told me his wife had made him choose between which expensive bits of plastic he was going to keep playing with, and figured that Lego was a) cheaper by a tad, and b) easier to crossover with. He asked me to design several wizards. In order to do so I had to research exactly what Warhammer FB was, and found several sites dedicated to the game. I made his decals, and that was that.
Or so I thought.
I stumbled across a couple of the fantasy books in a used bookstore, and picked them up and found myself really drawn to the whole "dark" realm of Warhammer. Then I found a book on Space Marines.. :D

Well, now my own Black Library is growing all the time, and I have my own army of the Emperors Chosen, and LF jr. has an army of Orks, and we have monthly Battles. I am thoroughly hooked on the futuristic gothic world that is WH40K!

The irony here is that I haven't ever played a game of Warhammer with Lego, but Lego is what got me into Warhammer in the first place.

and because this thread is back from the dead, here's a link to my Necromancer that I made for Chance. (Darn you Chance wherever you are!!)
knightarmour
Serf

Post by knightarmour »

you could try it, personally, I would
:orc:
:twisted:
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
and because this thread is back from the dead, here's a link to my Necromancer that I made for Chance.
That's brilliant :woo:

Vaguely more on-topic, I find Games Workshop's LOTR rules a better starting-point for my castle gaming than Warhammer. That said, I might give the latter a go some time over the summer; if I do, I'll try to take some pictures.
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

Ive heard of Warhammer, but never played it. However, i got a large set of a game named Heroscape at my birthday a few years ago. The soldiers in it is split between two types : squads and heros (consisting of anything from vikings to elves to dragons to killer-robots) fighting on a baseplate made by conecting hexagonal parst to each other. I resently started playing this with legos and the same rules as before. actually quite funny.

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]