Differently than LOTR

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Lord Nev
Reeve

Differently than LOTR

Post by Lord Nev »

After seeing LOTR so many times and hearing a post (i.e. "Sauron is such a terrible strategist") I have decided to ask you what would you do differently if you were a commander in any of the MAJOR battles in Lord Of The Rings. Major means attacking fortresses and cities and any battle that involved more than 1,000 troops on each side.

Minas Tirith as Gandalf (according to the movie):
I wouldn't have all my troops in the courtyard holding a place they could not possibly hold. I would take advantage of my bows and rubble and have them shoot from buildings and the like. I'd take advantage of corridors and small passages. I'd seperate my men so they aren't all wiped out at once. I'd have my troops run around and do little skirmishes. Y' know unleash...heck.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

This is a clone of a topic you posted a few days ago. I locked it for a reason. Appearently you saw fit to delete it. I will lock this off-topic thread as well. It's not wise to purposely disobey an admin.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].