Favorite Medieval Computer Game(s)

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Majesty
Dark Alliance 1 & 2
Lord of the Rings
All Zelda games :D

Those are my favorite medieval video games.
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
Sir Troy of Linebaugh
Serf

cient

Post by Sir Troy of Linebaugh »

I like the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series, but one game i eally enjoy is a text based game called Ancient Anguish. A lot of the people on this forum would like it. you make your character, pick a class, ect. it's pretty cool. i don't remember the link for the download but you can search for "roaclient ancient anguish download". i'll try to look for it
"You have bled with Wallace! Now bleed with me!" - Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn

Alba ga bra!
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

The most fun addictive game i've ever played would have to be Final Fantasy 3 for the snes....how many hours of life did I waste... :lol:
rogue27 wrote:Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete (Macintosh, Windows)

Excellent Game. I even ran a fan site for it, but I haven't really updated it in a few years now.

[url=
I've browsed this forum in search of a new medieval type game to play, and read this post. Since you created a site, I thought it had to be good. I was looking for an addictive game that would keep me up hours...sort of like how Final Fantasy 3 did.

I got it last night, the graphics are dated(so is the game)...but that doesn't matter to me. It did keep me up..all last night. I usually loose my patience after dying a few times with other games....but this, I had to keep coming back! I'm only on a second campaign now "Elixer of Life" with the Elves....very fun so far.

Lot's of people here seem to like it to...and TwoTonic Knight praised it over his own. How did I miss this series. :D
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Lords of the Realm 2! Great game.

Also to my list, Warcraft and Diablo series, DAoC, Total War Series, Age's series, the zelda series, Golden Axe (the original), and Heroes of Might and Magic III.
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

I got the Battle of Middle-earth 2 a month ago, and I finished all of it's chapters a couple of times already.....and it still blows me up..... :D

Greatings from Serbia
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

My list:

Cossacks: European Wars
Total War Series
Civilization III
Heroes of M&M III
stewa_sk8

Post by stewa_sk8 »

WARCRAFT III ( Frozen Trone ) ...
Knights and Merchants ...

best of the best , believe me ... :P :wink: :wink: :wink:

my first post , greetings from Serbia !!! 8)
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Anybody here played Rise of Legends, that just came out? It's not so much pure medieval - more of a fantasy steampunk :twisted: - but it looks really cool. I saw it at Walmart yesterday and now feel compelled to build a Land Leviathan . . . not that I have the bricks for it.
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Azaghal wrote:Anybody here played Rise of Legends, that just came out? It's not so much pure medieval - more of a fantasy steampunk :twisted: - but it looks really cool. I saw it at Walmart yesterday and now feel compelled to build a Land Leviathan . . . not that I have the bricks for it.
I got the demo, and it's not too bad. Not sure if I want to actually pay for it though... they could've thrown in more civilizations, in my opinion.
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

Empire Earth 1 and the expansion Art of Conquest, is the best RTS game ever. I spans thoudsands of years, and I believe that the Middle ages in the game are very good.

And I purley Middle ages game is Stronghold. It's a very detailed castle building game, and the seige is very fun. I've played the game at my friends house and defending the castle is hard unless you know what you're doing.

Black and White 2 is a game about being god. In the first version (which I bought last week at dollar tree :D ) is purley you being god, and you have little input on the actual control of your people. But in number 2 which I played at my neighbors house, it's like and RTS, and a darn good one too. The fortified cities youcan build are massive and there is a limitless amount of customization of your population and their empire.

Oh, and I've played Heros of Might and Magic. It's very popular in Croatia, where I used to live. It's real boring, and ou need alot of patience.

I have only played Cossaks once at my cousins house in Oslo. And he was a computer hog, and didn't let me play any....

Oh and to stewa_sk8, Zdravo brate! Kako si ti? Ja sam Hervat. Jeli pricas serbski?
leshrac
Villein

Post by leshrac »

Wow there are loads of games.

My favorite mmo is Everquest 2. But for the best alltime its gott be Diablo 2. You might also try World of warcraft but beware theres a lot of rude tenagers on there. And D&D online is really kool. It is just like the RPG (pen and paper) and the graphics are pretty decent.
My dark age lasted 3 weeks back in 1996!
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Medieval total war

Age of Empires

Dungeon Siege 1&expansion

Morrowind

Soon to be oblivion

Soon to be medieval total war II

That's about it.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
King_Ed
Gong Farmer

Post by King_Ed »

Let's see, these are my castle games:

Stronghold 1 + 2
Stronghold Crusader ( I am one mission away from beating the skirmish trail)
Stronghold Legends Demo
Age of Empires 2: The Conquerers Expansion

That's about it for my medieval games. I might buy Stronghold Legends when it comes out, but I might save up my money instead.
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

I'm sure there are 2 dozen other games but the only one I can think of at the moment is anything Age of Empires.

-Nazgul
Last edited by nazgul on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Age of Empires II, all the way.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.