Alternate Model Review: Supply Wagon

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Alternate Model Review: Supply Wagon

Post by architect »

Join the Classic Castle alternate model discussion. Please post your opinions of the models' play ability, creativity, design, etc. Which models stand up to our catapult of critique and which ones crumble in shame!

This week’s set is 6010 Supply Wagon.

Supply Wagon was released in 1984. The set has three alternate models on the box including a pack horse, chariot, and plow.

Last edited by architect on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

I got this set second-hand from a friend without the weaponry and the chest. I've never used it as a supply wagon and never built it according to original instructions because I had none.

Like other similar sets(6016, 6022) I've turned it into a war-chariot but with parts from other sets. Although the plough design given here seems fine, I don't think that there are many possibilities for alternate models. The set is fine, it features some nice parts, but that's all it's good for - parts!

P.S. And may be a wagon derby - if you preffer! :P
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I think, for the piece count LEGO did an ecxcellent job for coming up with alternate sets. The pack horse caught my eye immediately and I love the idea of the plow, an interesting use of the halberd.

This is a great little set (I think I own three) and these are nifty alternates I have never seen before because I don't have the box. These are brand new to me and I like them. The chariot leave some to be desired, but with these peices isn't bad.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I must say that for such a small set, they came up with fairly decent models. The first two are not anything special, but the third one really grabbed my attention. Quite an ingenious little design. Certainally I would never have thought about using the ax for a plow. The other two are mearly a meh.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

The plow is a good idea. Makes you wonder why Lego never made an official plow.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Yeah,those alternate models are surely looking good(as any of classic castle sets),but the original model is still best to me...Personally I don't think that this minfig can be a warrior...It's some kind of civilian,peasant...and that's why I love it...these armors are'cause of possible ambushes...But,hey,this is LEGO,he can be the powerfull sorceror if you mind,it's all about imagination :wink:

I wish LEGO make sets like this one...especially minfigs
Greetings from Serbia...
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I'd say it looks like a good set. Even if it's small, it still beats the KK2 sets.
engineerio
Peasant

ahh the memories

Post by engineerio »

Well, I have to say I'm a little embarassed that this minifig was my favorite castle character as a kid. I called him 'Zacheus' and he was my only peasant, always in mischief. I just recently got back into lego as an afol, and I still have this supply cart in original form with 'ol zacheus. I played with it a ton and never did take the cart apart. :D

Paul
Ephesians 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God..."