Classic-Castle Roleplay Faction Info

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Hmm....
Maedhros wrote:Kyoregoto: location The capital of Ninjara. It´s situated in E-12 by the coast. It´s a huge city which is most often bustling with activity.
It is in some RP post somewhere too but I was too lazy to dig it out...
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Maedhros wrote:Hmm....
Maedhros wrote:Kyoregoto: location The capital of Ninjara. It´s situated in E-12 by the coast. It´s a huge city which is most often bustling with activity.
It is in some RP post somewhere too but I was too lazy to dig it out...
I'll take your word for it...

Off to edit...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Thanks to this little RPed tidbit of TheOrk's latest, awesome, post:
The sun stood high in the sky that fine day. A younger, less experianced Valric stood with five other squires. The six of them hailed from all the different provinces of the mainland Empire. Each wore the respective faction emblem of their province. One squire’s uniform bore the insignia of Chevraport, two wore tridentine colours, the other two, the colours of the Crimson Knights. Valric bore the lionhearts of Orion.
The Subfactions Info regarding the Classics has now been edited regarding the Lionhearts.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Formendacil wrote:Thanks to this little RPed tidbit of TheOrk's latest, awesome, post:

The Subfactions Info regarding the Classics has now been edited regarding the Lionhearts.

Hey thanks for doing that :D

I found it hard writing that post because back when I wrote Valric's profile, I said squires could become cavaliers but then came along all those cadets.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Niffty work, fellas.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I like how multicolored terms are derogatory. :D

Take a hint Lego!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

Formendacil wrote:Fright Knights:
Official Faction Name:
As yet undetermined. Presumably the “Kingdom of the Fright Knights” or something similar.
How does "Frightia" sound?
(That would be pronounced fright-tay-a by the way)
And "The Wolfpack Society" for the Wolfpack.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Danju the Clever wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Fright Knights:
Official Faction Name:
As yet undetermined. Presumably the “Kingdom of the Fright Knights” or something similar.
How does "Frightia" sound?
(That would be pronounced fright-tay-a by the way)
And "The Wolfpack Society" for the Wolfpack.
For a name to become official, it has to be a part of a post in the Roleplay.

To do that, you need to join the Roleplay, create a character, have it approved, and start posting.

Since the Roleplay has been essentially dead for two months now- in spite of various mentionings of re-starting it, I don't think that official names are really all that important right now anyway.

amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

Clubs Knights are my favorite. And I am not really farmiliar with the RP style in this. But if we do RP I would love to be the Clubs Knights.

Seeing as they live on most likely far away fortified islands, that would make them a see faring nation, built upon trading and primitive forms of banking. Is that what they're like?
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Alas, the CCRP has been dead several months now. But thanks anyway for your interest.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Sorry, but this has been dead for awhile.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Alas, the CCRP has been dead several months now. But thanks anyway for your interest.
That felt like a knife thrust to the heart or the groin region. :x
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Sigh-

Alright, I admit. It is dead. Time to change my sig.

No wait, we can cryogenicly freeze it until the technoligy for its revival has been developed in the FUTURE!!!! :twisted:

Hmm, yeah, ok nevermind. :|
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

:cry:

Indeed a sad day. Perhaps, mayhaps, one day it shall rise again. With a little love and dedication, maybe we will see the star rise once more.

Well guys, it was a blast, for what little of it I was here for. The memories will never fade, I'm sure. We all had a great run - if one really thinks about it, we sustained a roleplay through two full years. Two years of creativity, of storytelling, of comraderie, and of plain old fun. That is indeed an accomplishment. Back when we started, it was quite inconceivable that it would last all this time.

I'm not really back around here. I guess I'm sort of in a bit of a Dark Age of my own, what with the last year of school, exams, fencing, and the such. But when I do come back, which I know I will, we better have some more of those good ol' fashioned adventures.

To Barbod, to Bjarn, to Drakko, to Willem, to Graygon, to Aros, and to Reno, the Misfits. Thanks guys, it was a treat. We had one great epic adventure together. The CCRP was an epic tale, worthy of many, many tomes. We wrote more than just a novel - we wrote a history. We may very well have written one of the largest, most comprehensive, and most creative collaborative works in history. But, more importantly, we forged a bond, memories, and friendships. The CCRP may never again see the light of day, but these will remain.

It wasn't my greatest piece of writing, but it seems fitting to end with my last post in the CCRP:

The End of An Era...

Willem Blackcloak, leader of all the Wolfpack, slowly turned his dagger over in his hand. He was sitting in his rooms in the Daggerfall Spire, still the capital of the Wolfpack. Too much blood had been spilt in Daggerfall Spire, and too much evil still lurked there, some said. Demonic forces had left their mark. One day, perhaps, Willem would lead the skittish Wolfpack back to their capital and reclaim it. But that day was not yet near. As many as could be convinced had been returned to Daggerfall. But much of the city still sat disused and derelict.

But now was not a time to reflect on the tortuous era that the Wolfpack had just gone through. It was time, instead, to look at what had been accomplished. In his six months since regaining the Wolfpack throne, Willem had rebuilt the shattered Kingdom. The various factions had come to peace with eachother, and the Citadel was remarkably free of intrigue - at least, for the capital of the Kingdom. Of course, some jealous nobles plotted, but they had little support. Willem had established himself as a just, wise, and, above all, stable ruler.

Relations with the other kingdoms had at last been mended. Any instability still existing among the other kingdoms had very little to do with the Wolfpack. After a year and a half of famously excessive and sadistic violence, the Wolfpack had returned to an era of peace.

Graygon, Willem's steadfast ally and companion, now ranked second only to Willem in the Wolfpack hierarchy. Lord Graygon, too, was well liked and safe from intrigue. Willem guessed that the bloodbath had whetted every nobles' appetite for treason.

Willem rose from his chair, and walked over to the bookshelf. Selecting a large, surprisingly dust-free, tome from the shelf, he walked back over to his desk. He set the book down on the table - the title read The Misfits of Dametreos. He opened the book at the last page. The ink on the last page was still somewhat fresh, having been written only days ago.

After pondering for a long moment, he dipped his quill into the inkwell. In long, smooth strokes, he wrote, "And they lived happily ever after...."

A lone tear trickled down his cheek. Memories of companions gained and lost, allies gained and lost, and friendship forever his flooded through his mind.

He closed the book, placed it gently back on the shelf, blew out his candle, and walked slowly out of the room. His Kingdom awaited him.

Keep well, old chappies.

Thanks, and signing out...

-Will
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

This is an inspiring read.. I'd love to hear more about what people think of the various factions even if active role play is not happening.

I've been approaching the faction information topic in my gaming system (will post it later) from a perspective of characterizing the military composition of each group based on the Lego sets and personal conjecture. I have been minimizing historical aspects as to avoid treading on the multitude of fan based storylines. As a generalization, you'd see the Dark Falcons as being a swift archer based faction, Bulls as a siege-based army, or the Forestmen as a type of guerilla warfare faction.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

All good things must come to an end. I, myself, was amazed the CCRP lasted as long as it did. Two years is a long time for a bunch of people to continue to write in a LEGO universe. But alas, other duties called. I'm in college now, and Formendacil's got a job. But, perhaps, someday, the CCRP will rise again.
Peppermint Pig wrote:This is an inspiring read.. I'd love to hear more about what people think of the various factions even if active role play is not happening.

I've been approaching the faction information topic in my gaming system (will post it later) from a perspective of characterizing the military composition of each group based on the Lego sets and personal conjecture. I have been minimizing historical aspects as to avoid treading on the multitude of fan based storylines. As a generalization, you'd see the Dark Falcons as being a swift archer based faction, Bulls as a siege-based army, or the Forestmen as a type of guerilla warfare faction.
I look forward to your gaming system. If you want to follow more in line with the CCRP, switch the Forestmen and Dark Forest roles. In the CCRP, the Dark Foresters were the guerilla warfare faction, while the Forestmen were the swift archers, etc.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].