Classic-Castle Roleplay Faction Info

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

It's going to be hard to make variety between many of the factions. The ones you listed are clearly geurilla and seige, but what about all the others?

The Tridentine, CHevaliers, Red Cross, and all the other European types armries are so alike, that it would be hard to differenciate and make each faction have it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Personally, I think the Clubs knights are Venician style trading empire, and the crusaders are a french type army.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

I'll rely on your expertise on pre-crusades factions. :) In fact, a quick rundown would be nice if you have the time. I was going to go to bricklink and scan through the minifigs and check their sets...

I'll start a new post with my faction concept information since there's quite a bit of it.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I feel that the CCRP was really a victim of its own success - such a wonderful and rich world was developed that was so brilliantly complex that a lot of us couldn't keep up any more, or simply drifted away due to real life, and the amount of knowledge required just to join turned potential members away.

I have always felt a certain amount of regret that I didn't do more for the CCRP when it was around - that I didn't post more, that I didn't make better characters - or that I didn't sign up so late on. Looking at the old 2004 threads, it looks like everyone had a blast of a time playing. In some ways, the fact that I can't do anything anymore with the Roleplay makes its death even harder to accept.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:All good things must come to an end. I, myself, was amazed the CCRP lasted as long as it did. Two years is a long time for a bunch of people to continue to write in a LEGO universe. But alas, other duties called. I'm in college now, and Formendacil's got a job. But, perhaps, someday, the CCRP will rise again.
Peppermint Pig wrote:This is an inspiring read.. I'd love to hear more about what people think of the various factions even if active role play is not happening.

I've been approaching the faction information topic in my gaming system (will post it later) from a perspective of characterizing the military composition of each group based on the Lego sets and personal conjecture. I have been minimizing historical aspects as to avoid treading on the multitude of fan based storylines. As a generalization, you'd see the Dark Falcons as being a swift archer based faction, Bulls as a siege-based army, or the Forestmen as a type of guerilla warfare faction.
I look forward to your gaming system. If you want to follow more in line with the CCRP, switch the Forestmen and Dark Forest roles. In the CCRP, the Dark Foresters were the guerilla warfare faction, while the Forestmen were the swift archers, etc.
You know Nathan, I'd actually be very interested in seeing a completely new Roleplay - new location, blank lore, and a whole book of adventures waiting. We could all begin afresh, without the events the past on our backs.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

You know Nathan, I'd actually be very interested in seeing a completely new Roleplay - new location, blank lore, and a whole book of adventures waiting. We could all begin afresh, without the events the past on our backs.
For the record, Castle World has an RP that just needs more members.

:wink:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

TheOrk wrote:
For the record, Castle World has an RP that just needs more members.

:wink:
I suppose, but I bungled that up by opening with 'Jayko' as my main character, when everyone else was using made up guys. I'd like to go back in time and start again.

And besides that, CCC needs a roleplay - in fact, I'd say that the CCRP was one of the site's big selling points.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

And besides that, CCC needs a roleplay - in fact, I'd say that the CCRP was one of the site's big selling points.
True. :?
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Well the rp is what made me sign up....

You know you wouldn't need to start out a whole new world to get a new start. Just jump forward a thousand -or maybe just a few hundred years into the future... All the characters alive in Dametreos right now would be dead and gone except for maybe a few wizards and/or elves. Imagine a world populated by the great grandchildren of your favorite Dametrosian heros.

That said, I don't think that our current Rp is beyond saving.
Sir Kohran wrote:In some ways, the fact that I can't do anything anymore with the Roleplay makes its death even harder to accept.
I mean this just doesn't make any sense. The Rp thread isn't locked, we haven't been told that we can't post anymore and for all we know, Dametreos is still back in March. In fact, if I was one of those types who led by example I would go and post in that thread just to make my piont. As it is however....

Maybe we all ought to get on the chat boards one day and figure out how to get some Rp back into CC Whata ya think?
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Maybe we all ought to get on the chat boards one day and figure out how to get some Rp back into CC Whata ya think?
I'm for it.

My schedule hasn't changed at all. :cry:
Last edited by TheOrk on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

A rebirthed RP is intriguing. I think the First Age of Dametreos is too far gone. Everyone is three months behind, and many have moved on. I also agree that the main downfall of the RP was the massive backlog of history people had to memorise before joining. I think a clean slate would be the best way to go.

I'm suddenly getting ideas...

Ooh...

Stay tuned. 8)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

You may have more success subdividing the RPing. As a new player enters the fold, their character could be attached to the game via association with an existing player. As time goes on, the player's character will discover plot and other player characters through the RP experience. There will be more intrigue for the regular players by not having to know everything that's going on as a prerequisite to participating. A heirarchy using a single GM and a handful of stewards (to relay relevant information to the gm) would be all that was needed to keep the game flexible and vast without having to flood the game world with content adversely affecting the freedom to explore and RP.

The GM could chart a world map on a grid, assign players to those locations, and every few days reposition them as their desire to travel is inspired. Player characters themselves would play 'blind' and could draw for themselves a map if they needed one. A steward player and the GM could coordinate the task of fleshing out the world. GM would need not flesh every little detail out before players visit a locale.

If these suggestions are applicable to your RP style, then I hope they're helpful. My two cents.
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Boy, I'm really out of it, here. I didn't even know CC had an RP thingy. Actually, I don't even know what that is. From what I can gather, it sounds like a continuously written story. Is this on the Interweb somewhere? It sounds exciting.
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Shurtugal wrote:Is this on the Interweb somewhere? It sounds exciting.
Here is the link to the old CCRP stuff. There is a lot to read but its really good.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
The Green Knight
Reeve

TheOrk wrote:I'm for it.

My schedule has changed at all.
Well I don't know if we need to do this anymore, but I'll try to get on some time between 2:30 and 3:00 today. If there's any schedual conflicts just post them or PM me or something. Oh, and my chat name is creature BTW.

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Minor problem: Troy took chat offline. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

:lol: whoops! You know I think I already knew that too. Like a little voice in the back of my head saying: "Aren't you forgeting something Micah?" well forget that! :roll: :lol:

Ok, enough of that!