Alternate Model Review: Horse Cart

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Alternate Model Review: Horse Cart

Post by architect »

Join the Classic Castle alternate model discussion. Please post your opinions of the models' play ability, creativity, design, etc. Which models stand up to our catapult of critique and which ones crumble in shame!

This week’s set is 6022 Horse Cart.

Horse Cart was released in 1984. The set has four alternate models on the box including an archery target, chariot and weapons rack, and two carts.

Last edited by architect on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

As this set is older than me,I must respect the older one... :)
It has a great figs(crusaders are the best ones ever maded,in my opinion),
good number of weapons...but still,for that time it's somehow poor-design...
anyway,it has a big level of playbility for mini-size set...

Compare it to these KK2 now,it's so perfect...
I give it 8/10 then,and one clear 10/10 now...
That is how sets should look...

Greetings from Serbia
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

I do not own this set but looking at it I see only one thing - another chariot in my army...

As a set it gets the 10/10 because it features two figs, a horse with a saddle and reasonable quantity of accessories, but if I had to judge its value on alternative model variations it won't get more than 5/10 - it makes a good chariot but nothing else is worth mentioning.
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

This is one set that I'm looking for to add to my crusader army. I like the original set alot better than the alternates. Most of them look a bit forced. Original 8/10 Alternates 6/10
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
Weasel47
Serf

Post by Weasel47 »

This is one of the most memorable Lego sets from my childhood. It may have been my first Castle set. It was definitely my first horse. I agree that the alternate models are nothing special, but it's a pretty small set, with most of the pieces being specialized.
Float like a weasel, sting like a weasel.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I would say the actual set is much better than any of the alternates here. I think the alternates from lastweek's set were better as models, but still there is not mcuh complaint here, because as a whole there are many mroe useful parts here than in recent sets. I'll have to say a pretty decent as far as making other models from it.

Plus it's crusaders so that automatically makes it a great set in my book, whether it's the primary model or the alternates.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><