New Castle 10176 Pictures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
tnickolaus
Serf
Location: Munich / Bavaria / Germany / Europe / Earth / Solar System / Milky Way / Universe

Post by tnickolaus »

Just saw that the set is listed at S@H: http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10176 (Germany EUR 119.99)

Cheers,
Thomas
fbtb/eBay/BL/1000steine: tnickolaus *<|:-{)>
Sir Rupid Lannsing
Villein

Post by Sir Rupid Lannsing »

Hmm, I'd feel more comfortable buying an actual legend of #6090 King’s Royal Castle. If TLC only plans to redesign classic-castles in the future then I'd rather they focus on original, well-conceived castles than abominations of older castles.

Free set of Flags and Posts (F6316) with every Classic Castle purchased! Hmm? :?
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

yea just saw this on S@H link for us people here http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10176&cn=58&d=14&t=5

i think its ok and it did remind me of 6090 but if your going to remake 6090 you have to use the same base plate otehr wise it is simply reminicant and not an actual 6090 legend. the modular building technich of not connecting walls is my main draw back but it seems to be the best catsle out there at this time.

(also battle at the pass is out with 11 figs)
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

"sorry this product is not available in your country"

Dangit. :?

But it's a O.K. set. I like the gold armor, and it's nice to see them removing the monkey and bear heades off the armors.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Okay... I think this is just a set for a type of "flashback" into time. (because) that doesn't look like King Jayko to me... maybe it has something to do with the ancient past in the Knights Kingdom storyline.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

it has nothing to do with knights kingdome

it is simply a modified legend of 6090 that doesnt look enough likt 6090 to be a legend...

yea
R_The_Falcon
Freeman

Post by R_The_Falcon »

JPinoy wrote:Okay... I think this is just a set for a type of "flashback" into time. (because) that doesn't look like King Jayko to me... maybe it has something to do with the ancient past in the Knights Kingdom storyline.
Actually, this doesn't have anything to do with the Knight's Kingdom "Mythology" (if you can call it that.) Check out the summary of the set:

"The King’s Castle is back! This special-edition set recreates the classic #6090 King’s Royal Castle with updated parts and colors. Relive the excitement of the Age of Knights by building one of the biggest and best LEGO castles of all time!"

This refers exactly to Architect's polls, ( like this one, viewtopic.php?t=7342 ) and apparently Lego decided that we could have an altered version of a Lego Legend, this one being 6090.

Well, off the bat I can say it doesn't come anywhere close to representing 6090, besides the grey-pillar black wall pieces, but nothing else is the same. I mean just look at 6090 and then back at 10176, the difference is huge!
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6090_1&v=z
I understand they had to "upgrade" some parts, but this is a totally different castle. As for the structure itself; it's sorely lacking in several areas including troops, towers, walls, and everything else a great castle needs; however, they did remember to add in a catapult. :roll: There isn't a single strong point in this castle, and the price is absurd. Think about it. You can get Battle of the Pass for $40, with more troops and weapons, although probably a poorer wall. 2x, and you save $20, get well over twice as many troops and 8 grey helmets compared to one. This set doesn't please the Knight's Kingdom crowd (if such a crowd exists) simply because it doesn't have anything to do with the mythology, and it also displeases the Castle or "Legends" crowd because it's nothing like 6090. Overall, quite disappointing.

P.S. Thanks tnickolaus for your finding of this set at S@H.
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

while reminiscent of royal knight's castle, lego is certainly stretching it. however, the set looks very intriguing to me, and i wouldn't say it's fair to accuse the set of not having towers - one of its weaknesses is that all it seems to be comprised of is towers, which makes it more like the castle of morcia and king leo's castle from kkI than royal knight's castle. as to the lack of walls, if i get one i plan to, you know, add some. shouldn't be that backbreaking, really.

i only count 10 minifigs in battle at the pass (including dracus and kentis, who come in the only other set i own from the knew kk2 line), and according to lego 10176 comes with 8 minifgs, not counting a wizard, ghost and skeleton, and while i know ghosts, skeletons and majistos won't go over too well with most as replacement for real troops, i consider the 8 troops to 10, which include to minifigs i can get elsewhere, basically to be a wash.

the price is steep, but i don't really think $40 is fair for battle at the pass, either. of course it's always possible i'm just a cheapskate.
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

*two (sorry, couldn't go to sleep without correcting that)

btw, these are my first and second posts. love the site, guys, thanks :D
Sir-Boris
Laborer

Post by Sir-Boris »

This set reminds me more of the KK1 castle, 6091 (which I was extremely disappointed with), more than the 6090 set. I guess I will wait until I see a few reviews before I make my decision on purchasing

- Nate
Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world.
- Albert Einstein
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Mike Viper wrote:"sorry this product is not available in your country"
My problem also! It just keeps getting uglier! I thought that the TLC was after our money.

I checked the local store and they *mentioned* that it will be possible for them to supply a couple of sets on demand but the price was horrific. :evil:
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

i can see the resmblence between it and 6090 however the maner inn which it was built, along with the raised base plate, make it look simlar to 6091 and its modular sections.

i think its a decent set and again probly the best castle out there at this time
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Nice one...

Post by xbloodyfangs »

I'm actually liking this one, although it doesn't look anything like 6090.For me, this is definetly a must buy :D. Whats with the dog though? :?
Last edited by xbloodyfangs on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

I like this castle...but it costs a lot. I think it is cool that LEGO put a blacksmith and a dog in the castle. It gives it a more lived-in feal. I also like that the old helmets came back for this KK2 series. I really hope that LEGO will keep using the old helmets in the future as well. The blacksmith also has a furnace and anvil...which I though was pretty cool. The dog adds so much to such a large set...it is almost unbeleivable. I can't buy this set right now, but I hope that I will be able to buy it soon. LEGO is finally coming back from it's dark age I think. Thanks LEGO!
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
sam89
Peasant

Post by sam89 »

ragnarok wrote:
Mike Viper wrote:"sorry this product is not available in your country"
My problem also! It just keeps getting uglier! I thought that the TLC was after our money.

I checked the local store and they *mentioned* that it will be possible for them to supply a couple of sets on demand but the price was horrific. :evil:
That's because in Europe the set is offered with some free flags, so this is the link:

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K10176