Weekly Set Review: Knight's Kingdom Cart

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Weekly Set Review: Knight's Kingdom Cart

Post by architect »

Join the weekly Classic Castle set review discussion. Please post your opinions on the set play ability, piece selection, design, etc. Which sets stand up to our catapult of critique and which ones crumble in shame!

This week's set is 1286 Knight’s Kingdom Cart.

Knight's Kingdom Cart was released in a 2000 as part of a Kabaya Castle Pack. It was only available in Japan. King Leo pushes this small treasure cart. Various accessories are included.

Last edited by architect on Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

ok don't have it ... but its a 1 in a million set :)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

The king....pushing a cart? :shock:

Well, okay, he seems have some weapons handy, so it's probably some ill-gotten booty from a chevauchee. More useless crowns to someone like me, but to a kid, maybe it's a cheap way to get a king. I do like the rest of the fig though, and I usually turn my surfeit of kings into crossbowmen. The cart can be given to my peasants.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:The king....pushing a cart? :shock:
:lol: :lol: lol. Exactly... :lol:

Well I've never knew about this one till now.
Worth things in this set: spear,flag,wheels and I think I see two gems in that cart (ruby and emrald,never enough of these :D )...
It includes King Leo'minfig (personally my least favourite fig in whole castle line),I thinik we've never seen so many kings in one line...
In other way,as already been said,it could be the cheapest way for kids to get the king if they want it...

Greetings from Serbia
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

It's a nice little set. I don't have it, but it is a good way to get a king and a few accessories. The only odd thing is that it is unlikely that a king would be pushing his own cart full of supplies; he'd have a peasant/servant doing that for him.
xzerix
Villein

Post by xzerix »

Is it me or does it look like the King in the picture is looking over his shoulder as he sneaks off with the treasure, leaving his knights to face the rabble? :wink:

Its a nice little set for pieces - everything can easily be used somewhere on a Moc (provided you build wheeled MOCs of course). I would prefer the cart's "handles" to have been black to match the cart or brown - can never have enough brown and green bricks! - but it's a small nit-pick for what is otherwise a nice little set.
My Other sig is funny. Honest.
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:The king....pushing a cart? :shock:
Well mabye his castle had been beseiged so he went to go get the royal fortune, which was handily placed in a small cart for convenience. Then he escaped in another handily placed "secret passage" whith none of the beseigers ever noticing him. And the Queen never escaped with him for some oddball reason which is technically unexplainable. Of course, the odds of such things ever occuring are, pretty astronomical.

So, yes the set is just a way to get some fancy jewels and a King without having to buy anything to huge...
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Does anyone know how much this set was. I mean, for five dollars, this set would be great. But if it is like 20 or something, there's really not much point. You do get some weapons, but no soldiers.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

kelderic wrote:Does anyone know how much this set was. I mean, for five dollars, this set would be great. But if it is like 20 or something, there's really not much point. You do get some weapons, but no soldiers.

Kelderic
It was released in a four pack of KK1 sets in Japan for the Kabaya candy company. These sets are quite expensive on eBay. We do not know the original prices.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

architect wrote:It was released in a four pack of KK1 sets in Japan for the Kabaya candy company. These sets are quite expensive on eBay. We do not know the original prices.

Ben E.
Thanks Ben.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Cheap?? Cheap??

I'd never call this set a cheap way to get a king, it's an impossible way to get a king set :twisted: (I bet you can easily get 6026 for much cheaper for example)

P.S.
as for the rumers about a king running off from his castle, well then why he would wear a crown on his head, everybody will recognise him not the mantioned it's pretty heavy.

P.S.S

It's not jewels, it's 1x1 trans Red and trans Green round plates.

P.S.S.S

I think thats it :lol:
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

Webrain wrote: P.S.
as for the rumers about a king running off from his castle, well then why he would wear a crown on his head, everybody will recognise him not the mantioned it's pretty heavy.

P.S.S

P.S.S.S

I think thats it :lol:
-Well if you read my first post you can see he's already going against extreme odds, so why not have everyone just look the other way when he's around. :)

-I was just going trying to guess off of the picture posted at the start of the post :roll: (peeron never works on my computer)

-It's supposed to be P.P.S and P.P.P.S :|
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

It must be a king who is fleeding from his enemies, and who is trying to save his precious. But then, why the flag, he can easilly be seen this way.
Strange set, but the weapons are cool. Not a great army builder, what to do with tons of crowns :?: .

6/10 becouse of the classic weels and short sword.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Never thought I'd wax nostalgic over old King Leo... but I'm afraid I am. Through sheer luck I somehow managed to escape KK1 with but a single King Leo, and now I find, to my chagrin, that I really wish I'd picked up a few more in the old days... could definitely use the fig. Could even use the crown!

Anyway, that bit of weirdness over with, this set is still not particularly enticing...

Parts: 5/10
Playability: 6/10
Figs/Accessories: 5/10
Design (then): 4/10
Design (now): 4.5/10
Nostalgia: 6/10

Overall Score: 5.08/10
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Webrain wrote:Cheap?? Cheap??

I'd never call this set a cheap way to get a king, it's an impossible way to get a king set :twisted: (I bet you can easily get 6026 for much cheaper for example)
I didn't knew the price but this set shouldn't cost more than 5$.
Webrain wrote: P.S.S

Yeah,that's what it is,but gems/jewels are what it presents :wink:

Greetings from Serbia