BayLUG Castle Display

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Russell844
Gong Farmer

BayLUG Castle Display

Post by Russell844 »

The latest BayLUG LEGO Store display is now set up in Valley Fair Mall. The theme for this display is "Castle". The only non-MOC is the Vikings dragon. Features include a joust, tudor house, treasure room, vendor carts, a meeting in the woods, blacksmith, and a knight eating dragon. It is a little cramped, but we wanted to get everything in.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=193559

Russell
President, BayLUG
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Very nice! Was this all from one member, or did the group as a whole offer up parts to make the whole?
Russell844
Gong Farmer

Post by Russell844 »

Recluce wrote:Very nice! Was this all from one member, or did the group as a whole offer up parts to make the whole?
This was the collective work of 6 of our members.

Russell
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Hmm.... very cool! In our lug a member gets one month to put in there anything they want (ok, within reason, no strip clubs, etc.(yes, one member does actually have one of those in lego form)). My month is next month, and it's cool to see others' usage of the space allowed. And, a nice little compilation, considering 6 people had their hands in on this.
Russell844
Gong Farmer

Post by Russell844 »

Recluce wrote:Hmm.... very cool! In our lug a member gets one month to put in there anything they want (ok, within reason, no strip clubs, etc.(yes, one member does actually have one of those in lego form)). My month is next month, and it's cool to see others' usage of the space allowed. And, a nice little compilation, considering 6 people had their hands in on this.
That is an interesting way of doing it. Our displays have all been collaborative among members. Did you go up in the gallery to see the other displays we have done?

Russell
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

No, I didn't check out the other galleries.... I'm gonna go do that right now!

EDIT: Holy cow that aquarium is amazing! So much detail there, and they got to use all of the fun colors. Innovative usage of many of the printed and (seemingly) one-use pieces. You've got some talented people there!
Frederick Barbarossa
Gong Farmer

Post by Frederick Barbarossa »

I know this thread is about a month old, but I was recently at the Lego store at Valley Fair, and I saw the display, and it looks great. (better than it looks in the pictures) Definetly more interesting than all the bionicle they had in the other cases. :P Thanks BayLUG! :)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Barbarossa]Brickshelf[/url]|[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53372809@N00/]flickr[/url]
Currently almost entirely devoid of castle. Soon to remedied, it is hoped!
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

Well now I can get a chance to comment on it as well now that it's been brought up-
*he-hem* here goes...
There aren't many things that are easy to recognize or define on my computer(mabye I have it on a funky setting) except for the dragon which in of itself is a brilliant addition. And your note on it being sort squeezed into a small space, I've always found that a 4x4 plate with really good greebles and detail is better than a 16x16 plate with a tree and two minifigs :? .

Just my two cents,
Nazgul
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I love it when builder get together to make something cool like this. I like it all, although I'm not sure about those palm trees in the middle of the castle courtyard. Maybe the KK2 nights are caribean? That would explain the colors. :)

OK, typical KK2-bashing joke aside, I liked the joust and the blacksmith as well. I also liked that red helmet from the anime line there... makes me want to go buy the ship ASAP.

That dragon is also very cool - I love the fact that it has a fig in it's mouth as it flys away too - quite cool - although I was suprised to see his typical, determined smile as we was being chomped miles in the air... some people never know when to give up. :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Yeah, the dragon with a minfig in his mouth is a very nice thing here :twisted:
I really like you guys put those palm-trunk trees here (they shoved just once in my favourite set), blacksmith is fine with all his sparkles, jousting knights area is having really classic look, but I think it should be bigger, those horses can hardly run there :wink:
Tudor house is beautiful (as all of it's style are), but I wish it was a little more detailed. I like you put a number of peasants opposite to KK2...

Nice work
Greetings from Serbia
Eseme
Serf

Post by Eseme »

Since this has been bumped, I'll second the "WOW!" on that aquarium design. I especially like the poor Castle guy clutching his sword against hordes of fish larger than he is. Great work.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Nice blacksmith. I also like the whole dragon eating a guy. Very innovative. Great dsplay.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

Nice. 8) Well at least the dragons eating Jayko.bwahaha
I am.......a....Future Legend