A council is called.

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

It's a rather large pity indeed that Nathan and I are virtually unable to chat these days... since it renders me incapable of giving any info on the new Roleplay, regarding which I am in the dark as much as any of you.

I'll put it this way...

The Roleplay is stagnating somewhat due to Nathan's overall lack of time, and the fact that there is not enough interest from the community to drive him to make it a priority. There's been spates of interest on and off since he made his "there is a new Roleplay coming" announcement, but whenever he gets lost in the mysteries of too little time... people seem to fade away.

*thinks on things...*

With this in mind, it is my intention in a moment to start a new thread, with this in mind. Nathan can, and will, deal with that thread as he sees fit. I direct you to what will soon be a Stickied Thread bearing my name as Author.

Meanwhile, to directly answer Kelderic's question:

Posts can be pretty much any length. At least a paragraph or so is requested. Five paragraphs or more is a good length. And there is definitely a point (uncharted) after which it's getting a little too long.

In committing to the Roleplay, you aren't commiting for life, but for as long as you want. As a courtesy to the other players, it's usually nice if you stick around for a few months, and the overall "story" is openended so that you can RP forever...

...but if, after a decent tour of duty, you feel you've done enough, you can pull out at any time.

At least, such were the guidelines of the old RP. If Nathan changes this aspect in the new one... he has yet to inform us.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Micheal has hit the nail on the head. I have been rather sluggish with starting up a new roleplay because there seems to be a general lack of interest from people. I don't want to put a lot of time and effort into something that will fall flat a month later.

School has been another factor, but I can't use that as a blanket excuse. Despite school, I still have time to blog, both on Unique Brique Techniques, and now The Brothers Brick, and I also now am a Review Panel member at Brickfilms.com.

To put it simply, everyone's appearant lack of interest has fueled my lack of interest. Heck, I'm even open to you guys hashing out your own roleplay: writing up rules, creating maps and appointing authorities. That's how the original roleplay was made, before Gaming Admins and Mods: a bunch of guys getting together and hashing things out.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

To put it simply, everyone's appearant lack of interest has fueled my lack of interest. Heck, I'm even open to you guys hashing out your own roleplay: writing up rules, creating maps and appointing authorities. That's how the original roleplay was made, before Gaming Admins and Mods: a bunch of guys getting together and hashing things out.
For the record, I've never lost my interest. :wink:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

TheOrk wrote:For the record, I've never lost my interest. :wink:
If only there were more like you.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

I'm all in. Just as long as this is a completely fresh start, and you need to know nothing of the previous RP.

Will there just be one thread, where we post what our character does?
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Mike Viper wrote:I'm all in. Just as long as this is a completely fresh start, and you need to know nothing of the previous RP.

Will there just be one thread, where we post what our character does?
Depends on how often people post. With the old Roleplay, we had a new game thread every month, because we tended to average 5/6 pages a month, which is plenty to have to navigate in One thread. We'll see with the new Roleplay. It may be that every month is too often. (It may even been not often enough.) Meanwhile, if you have a post of the new Roleplay, and want to make it public for people to see, put it on the "NEW ROLEPLAY PLANNING" thread. It can be reposted from there to the official game thread, once we get to the point where that gets started.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Hmmm. I'm begining I don't need to go through the blood, sweat and tears to write up a new roleplay. I'm not interested in participating in a new one, so if you guys can work your own roleplay out and do your own thing that's fine by me.
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

How about we vote on everything? It would be more approved by the community (or at least I hope). For instance we have artists post their landscapes, etc.

Just a thought,
-nazgul
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

That would be a good idea nazgul.

I'm curious as to what ungodly force made you lose your interest, Earl?
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Mike Viper wrote:I'm curious as to what ungodly force made you lose your interest, Earl?
College.

- Nathan, not used to being referred to as "Earl," even thought that is his CC title...