Doh !!!!!

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Nice to see the new Brute Squad taking up the reins and teaching some etiquette (sp?) Anyway keep up the good work. :D

I liked the bow before it broke and it has become a tragic figure in the world of customization. BTW Legolas, what did you use for the string? I have been mulling with the idea of "borrowing" your idea, but I can't place what the string material would be.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

wlister wrote: BTW Legolas, what did you use for the string? I have been mulling with the idea of "borrowing" your idea, but I can't place what the string material would be.

Will
Looks like a paper clip to me.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
wlister wrote: BTW Legolas, what did you use for the string? I have been mulling with the idea of "borrowing" your idea, but I can't place what the string material would be.

Will
Looks like a paper clip to me.
That is correct. He either mentioned this in another thread or when I was talking to him online... I can't remember.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

I have one word for all your glueing problems: Epoxy!

Superglue only holds pulling ditectly apart, it has very little strength when you slide or twist the two parts. Epoxy (not five-minute, though, that stuff's a joke), on the other hand, holds very nicely; especially if you score the two pieces. I epoxy'd (izzat a word?) the brass foil onto the spearhead in my avatar, and it's been played with pretty heavily without any harm.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.