Yellow castle? Or new giant crown knight castle?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Which would you rather have (if you couldn't sell it)

Yellow castle
45%
New "crown knights" castle
55%

Total votes: 86

Lawkeeper
Peasant

Yellow castle? Or new giant crown knight castle?

Post by Lawkeeper »

The new 2007 Castle line is pretty cool. Who wouldn´t want to have the silver helmets? And unlike KK2, the new castle isn't open at the back :) !
I think the new 'crown knights' are the best sets since KK1. One thing I don't like about the new sets: the skeletons. I like the normal skeleton body better. But that might change when I get my hands on one.

Lawkeeper
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Re: Yellow castle? Or new giant crown knight castle?

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Lawkeeper wrote:Who wouldn´t want to have the silver helmets?
Lawkeeper
I would just like light or dark grey. I really don't like these chrome silver (?) helmets.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I once thought the new colored helmets were sort of rare but now that I see these I think a ton of people are going to have some so I think they are neat but not like I used to think of them. :?
I am.......a....Future Legend
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

all right. I get to be a tie breaker.. for the moment anyway..

and even though the yellow castle used to be my favorite castle of all time, I voted for the new one. :oops:
I really really like the new one.. and besides. I had the yellow castle. Its good for building... well.. yellow castles.
I prefer gray (even new gray) castles.. hmm how long do we have to have this gray until it just becomes gray and not the new gray?
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

leaf_of_lire wrote: I would just like light or dark grey. I really don't like these chrome silver (?) helmets.
This is funny, I thought the same thing initially, but I soon changed my mind. I think that metal (what helmets are really made of :roll: ) is probably better represented by a metallic colour rather than colours that are used to represent stone
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

DARKspawn wrote:
leaf_of_lire wrote: I would just like light or dark grey. I really don't like these chrome silver (?) helmets.
This is funny, I thought the same thing initially, but I soon changed my mind. I think that metal (what helmets are really made of :roll: ) is probably better represented by a metallic colour rather than colours that are used to represent stone
Never thought of them like stone. I'm just a classics fan I guess. I could use some of those helmets for a limited amount of things but I could use the grey helmets for so much more uses than the new helmets.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

What castle will win ta ta tan.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

DARKspawn wrote:
You have a point, although I never really thought of dark grey as stone. To me, light grey always equalled stone while dark equalled steal.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

kelderic wrote:
DARKspawn wrote:
You have a point, although I never really thought of dark grey as stone. To me, light grey always equalled stone while dark equalled steal.

Kelderic
Thats what I was thinking, I could use some drk. grey helmets more than the new helmets (I guess you could say I'm one of the few people who only has one drk. grey helmet and visor I got from Dungeon Hunters...). I'm more into the Legoish look that the realistic look.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

The thing about Yellow castle is, when it was released, it was not a unbelievable price. All large scail castles today, are outrageous in pricing.
Lego was at its best in the time between 1970's, and the 21 century.
They give you no where near as many minifigs as the yellow castle. At the time when Yeller came out, it was great. (I obviously don't remember).

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Horak the Great
Peasant

Post by Horak the Great »

New Crown's Knight Castle. The minifigs, color scheme, and the castle design are much better, IMHO.