Toys"R"Us Buy-2-get-one-free!

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Toys"R"Us Buy-2-get-one-free!

Post by Remyth »

Hey C-C. Toys "R" Us is having a Buy-2-get-one-free sale on selected LEGO sets.

Also, the Lego Star Wars Episode III V-Wing Fighter is half off!

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Toys"R"Us Buy-2-get-one-free!

Post by architect »

Remyth wrote:Hey C-C. Toys "R" Us is having a Buy-2-get-one-free sale on selected LEGO sets.

Also, the Lego Star Wars Episode III V-Wing Fighter is half off!

In Christ,
Really? Or is it half off for the real msrp?

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=6205&La ... &ShipTo=US

I hate it when TRU has fake sales on certain sets. What is also interesting is although most creator sets are buy 2 get 1 free online, that part of the sale is not being honored in actual stores.

Ben
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

It bugs me even more so that the Canadian Toys R' Us' RARELY ever give any more than $10 off the $120 sets. Consider yourselves lucky when that 'buy two get one free' or 'buy one get one half price' event actually occurs because we don't get them at all up here. :(
well I would at least like to think that I'm evil...
shoggoth666
Laborer

Post by shoggoth666 »

lol!double the msrp then offer 1/2 off. wish the bogo applied to castle/vikings and star wars. :roll: oh well.
" He was a man...I drink to his shade. The heads of ten Picts will pay for his, and seven heads for the dog who was a better warrior than many a man."
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

kingkastle wrote:Consider yourselves lucky when that 'buy two get one free' or 'buy one get one half price' event actually occurs because we don't get them at all up here. :(
Ditto- none of these bargains ever seem to apply to UK branches. :roll:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

RichardAM wrote: Ditto- none of these bargains ever seem to apply to UK branches. :roll:
True, but there is the magical place called Windsor LEGOLAND which has many nice goodies in rare colors...

As LEGO has increased in popularity in the USA recently, there are fewer sales and the discounts are not as large. Plus, some retailers like TRU have started to raise their prices above the old msrp on many sets.

Ben
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

kingkastle wrote:It bugs me even more so that the Canadian Toys R' Us' RARELY ever give any more than $10 off the $120 sets. Consider yourselves lucky when that 'buy two get one free' or 'buy one get one half price' event actually occurs because we don't get them at all up here. :(
No kidding! My local TRU has had about a dozen Arkham Asylums since before Xmas. I would love to pick up two for parts but they are still at full MSRP!! I tried asking someone and they said the only discounts they do are national so it either goes on sale chain wide or they sit they for a long time I guess? :P
shoggoth666
Laborer

Post by shoggoth666 »

Yea really, Ive been wantching them at my TRU for a while now, when the batman goes bogo those arkhams are going byby with me :lol:

I did go there today and grab 3 of the smallest aquaraiders sets just to get the treasure chests, skulls and snakes. Had a 3 dollar coupon also so it cost me 7 bucks for 3 of them :D
" He was a man...I drink to his shade. The heads of ten Picts will pay for his, and seven heads for the dog who was a better warrior than many a man."
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

In truth it is a fancy way to say 33% off if you buy three!