Element Review: 7094 King's Castle Siege

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Element Review: 7094 King's Castle Siege

Post by architect »

I have been fortunate enough to receive an early copy of 7094 King's Castle Siege for review. This first review will focus on the new and useful elements found in the latest castle. A review of the set design, modularity, and play features will come soon.

Check out the article:

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... ments.html

Please leave your comments on the new elements, new shields and printed designs, and elements in colors previously unavailable.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Last edited by architect on Tue May 29, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

Oh wow, thanks Ben! Excellent info here. Maybe I *will* actually get this set.

One correction though - dark blue horse head armor isn't new, I have 4 of them. They come in the viking chess set as well as 8823 Mistlands Tower.
supernova
Journeyman

Post by supernova »

Wow a very nice selection of stuff! I'm surprised they didn't give the king a more royal torso, or just a plain torso. The Viking torso doesn't seem to fit.

I am most excited about the return of the shortsword, and..... bows and arrows (which I think Ben didn't mention)! The new barding for this set as well as the one for the joust are also very nice, I think I will have to buy some off BL as I am probably not getting more than 1 of this castle :)
~~ Supernova ~~

Good trades with: Chrislad77, kelderic, Strider, Unknown Knight and ZIGGY!
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Thanks Ben! That is a great part review. I'm stoked about the dark green elements! (Especially the leaves!) The return of the showrtword is indeed VERY welcome and I the dark bley axes might come in handy. The more I see the shiny helms the more I get ADD..no, I mean the more I like them. The return of the bows is also fantastic and I'm liking the heralrdy on the sheilds! One last bit is the inclusoin of gold goblets, that's cool!

Overal this set looks pretty decent, and I will definately be purchasing one to fill out the whole line in my collection, as well as get my grubby hands on some of those elements mentioned above.

Again, thanks to Ben, and TLG for the set!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Are there only three unique human heads? No fright/fine printing front and back in this set?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

I'm liking almost all that I'm seeing. The helmats and gold bits are sheer beauty, and most of the figures are nice too. The only part I realy don't like is the King's body. It looks extremely out of place and un-royal. Maby TLC had a bunch of surplus viking torsoes? I Shall get this set.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Snce almost everything looks very good, I'll won't write a list of I like this, etc. However, there are a few things that are disapointing to me. Firstly is the King's armor. I have originally thought it would be gold chrome, but instead it is the pearl gold. Don't get me wrong, the pearl gold color looks great. However, the King's armor looks slightly blander than that of the Knight, for example. The only other thing that is annoying is the use of a Viking torso.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

BreadMan wrote:One correction though - dark blue horse head armor isn't new, I have 4 of them. They come in the viking chess set as well as 8823 Mistlands Tower.
I forgot about that. Thank you for pointing it out.
supernova wrote:Wow a very nice selection of stuff! I'm surprised they didn't give the king a more royal torso, or just a plain torso. The Viking torso doesn't seem to fit.

I am most excited about the return of the shortsword, and..... bows and arrows (which I think Ben didn't mention)!
The viking toro is covered by the King's armor. Perhaps they had extra of these torsos. Plus we are always saying we want printed torsos under armor. I did briefly mention the bows and quivvers:
I wrote:I would like to give a big thank you to the designers for including all of these great knight elements, especially the short swords, bows, and quivvers.
wunztwice wrote:Thanks Ben! That is a great part review. ...snip... One last bit is the inclusion of gold goblets, that's cool!
You are welcome. I agree that the gold goblets are very nice. They are much better than the yellow "gold" goblets in 80's sets.
Count Blacktron wrote:Are there only three unique human heads? No fright/fine printing front and back in this set?
There are more heads. I was just taking pictures of the different torsos. All good knight heads except the screaming soldier are from other lines such as Adventurers, KK2, and Vikings. I do not understand your question about fine printing.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Last edited by architect on Sun May 13, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

Pretty, very pretty... I do think the colour scheme and emblems. It will be interesting having such traditional castle parts in new grey. I do like those rock pieces, and oh those dark green bases will be nice to have. One item I had not previously known about is the goblets in the gold colours - those will be nice; I've always liked the idea of goblets as precious items (e.g. in treasure chests in some older castle sets), but grey, yellow or clear ones don't entirely cut it. I wonder will we get them in that silvery colour sometime in the future?

*drool*

Cannot wait for this to be available. I sincerely hope I can get hold of it locally before it's on lego shop online, or I will be hard put to resist paying over the odds (shipping of €15/$20 to IRL) and buying this straightaway! Each review like this is only building up the excitement more!
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Oh, I have a question. What is the torso of the good knight? Is it one of the faction torsoes, or the king's viking one?

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Well done, Mr. Ellerman. But are there alternatives?
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Sweet mother. This set has great accessories. I've just realized that I can double my number of gems with just one set. The armour is impeccably designed, and the colour of the helms is great. Couple this with the exquisite barding, and variety of weapons (swords and longbows, yay), and you have a real winner in this set.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Emp.Justinian wrote:Oh, I have a question. What is the torso of the good knight? Is it one of the faction torsoes, or the king's viking one?
It is a light grey torso with dark grey hands. That torso does not have any printing on it.
Well done, Mr. Ellermann. But are there alternatives?
The box was not sent to me as it was not ready yet. As far as I know, there are not alternate (inspirational) models. I do plan on building a few of my own though :wink:

Ben
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

The thing I'm most excited about is definitely the dark green foliage pieces. Those are one of my favorite LEGO elements, and it's great both to see them in sets again, and in a new, useful color!
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Re:

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

I think I'm actually going to use the dark green plates as a roof for an MOC, there seems to be a perfect amount of them for a small in or shop, or a Forestman hideaway.

This set looks really good. The variety of "new" bits like the flag colors, new Minifigs and their gear, and a handful of skeletons more than convinces me to get it.

It's funny, I'm going to be going heavy on the "Crown Knight" sets and light on the "Skeleton Horde" sets and I still feel like I'll end up with a large surplus of skelly's and skelly horses.

Those king's knights with their really fancy silver armor with crown and dark blue fabric are fantastic, and with the silver helmets they just look fantastic. Compared to all of our "Classic" Castle factions ... these guys are RICH.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])