Lego Tic-Tac Toe

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Luís
Steward

Lego Tic-Tac Toe

Post by Luís »

You guys (and gals too) probably already know this, but I wanna point the new S@A product, Lego Castle Tic-Tac Toe.
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... 132&cn=473
This set strikes me as a good army builder, scince it's about 1.5 Euro a knight. If you want to make armored knights common, this years theme seems to be great. I hope Lego continues this way.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Hm...it's a great idea but I would have preferred generic soldiers rather than the Lead General; I already have him and goodness knows how many Rascus faces. Be good for black armour, however.

- Matt
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

This looks like a great army builder, but indeed, one can only have so many generals :P
Fenneke-Jose
Peasant

Post by Fenneke-Jose »

If you only had plumes, then it would be a lot easier, but they won't be coming :cry:

Greetings,

José
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I dunno, I personaly like the idea of an army of competely armoured knights. Plus, don't forget, they're good for armours decorating a hallway or throne room.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Sweetness. What's the USD price supposed to be?
Surfpenguin
Serf

Post by Surfpenguin »

Count Blacktron wrote:Sweetness. What's the USD price supposed to be?
According to the SaH website they're not available in the US! Waaaah!
"The true measure of a hero is not in the greatness of his deeds, it's in the greatness of the deeds he inspires in others"
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Surfpenguin wrote:According to the SaH website they're not available in the US! Waaaah!
This set is not available yet in the USA because SAH is trying to clear out the existing tic-tac-toe sets. It will likely cost $20 as the original tic-tac-toe had this price.

Ben
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Aliencat wrote:This looks like a great army builder, but indeed, one can only have so many generals
Couldn't have said it better myself... but I'll probably still buy at least one of this set (perhaps two?) :wink:

Seems to be a better army builder than the chess set, actually.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Paradosis
Laborer

Post by Paradosis »

I plan on getting the 852001 Chess Set for Christmas. $50 for 24 minifigs, including normal soldiers/skeletons.
legobear
Villein

Post by legobear »

Debating about this one. It's nice to have more knights but on the other hand, when is enough really enough? I really dun want to out number my infantry units by massing generals, tough call. The deciding factor will definitely be next year's impulse set.........for $5 or less you get a knight fully loaded with a new torso; I really think that beats out 5 knights w/o shields and accessories for $20 + useless skellies. I want variety, impulse set here me comes :D
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

You know there was a class of late middle ages foot soldier armored knight equipped with large two handed swords, mostly as a early"tank" for breaking through lanes of pike bearers. The knight in this set could become that infantry figure for lack of a better use (and no shield). I actually prefer this over the joust set only because I feel that the golden horse armor should be more special and limited, while the figure I would like to see in higher amounts. I sure wish LEGO was into minifigure packs of figures and accessories like the old days so massing an army would be less wasteful (i.e. the box and board). I may have to press the tic tac toe and chess boards into castle interior service...
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Count Blacktron wrote:You know there was a class of late middle ages foot soldier armored knight equipped with large two handed swords, mostly as a early"tank" for breaking through lanes of pike bearers. The knight in this set could become that infantry figure for lack of a better use
You have a point. Not all armored soldiers were generals. It would actually be cool to have an entire group of completely armored knights.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Ah this set, I asked about this a few days ago. I have another question, does anyone know if the minfigs are normal. As in they are not glued or modified in anyway?
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Queen Goan
Freeman

Post by Queen Goan »

Donut wrote:Ah this set, I asked about this a few days ago. I have another question, does anyone know if the minfigs are normal. As in they are not glued or modified in anyway?
According to the BL poster who bought a set, they're normal minifigs. No glued pieces.

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=215734