Black Falcon Customs (and sigfig)

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Starwars4J
Laborer

Black Falcon Customs (and sigfig)

Post by Starwars4J »

Hey, so I finally got my decals from Kaminoan, who was extremely patient and helpful with a total noob like me 8-|

Anyway, here's a sigfig I've been working on for awhile. It's by no means absolute and final, meaning I'd still appreciate feedback. I'm thinking MAYBE make the eyes a bit larger...the angle of the picture makes it look too high up in comparison to the hair and mouth, but in person it doesn't actually look that way.
Sigfig
But for my first custom decal, I'm really pleased with it!

And here's some black falcon knights and generals I've been waiting to pull off
Black Falcon Knights
I really need to get better at applying decals...but it came out pretty well. I especially like the way the black knights look (the silver ones are generals). The knight helms are LA greathelms.

C&C welcome! Thanks for looking
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Wow - those knights are beautiful! Great idea that really turned out well. I often wondered what knights with Euro armor would look like if they weren't the KK2 style... the result is nice to see.

I love them both!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Ya I agree with ottoatm those knights look lovely, great work there!
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Very nice looking minifigs you have there!

I applied a Black Falcon decal to one of my Black Euro armors back when I placed my order with Kam, but when I applied it I found that I had to cut the decal in half for it to stay in place on the armor better, but you seemed to have no problem with this.

Of course, I don't have any decal finishing sollutions to work with, perhaps you were using these?

The Generals look amazing, I love that metallic armor with some 'printing' on it. And those helmets pull it all together very nicely!

Nice job on your first custom decal as well!

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I absolutely :shock: love :shock: those Black Falcons. The black ones have a very dark but noble look to them, and the metallic ones... well, let's just say that I'm speechless.
Starwars4J
Laborer

Post by Starwars4J »

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Amanda: I did have that same trouble, I'm just stubborn and refused to cut them again :P Actually it did give me some trouble because of that raised middle, you might notice the two middle ones have slight tears from me trying to fix them so many times...but just slightly smoothing them out with your fingers helps somewhat. I did apply a layer of Solvaset decal setting solution over it when it was done, though for some reason on the silver armor I still see the outline of the decal (very, very slight though), whereas I didn't have that problem at all with the black ones. I definitely plan on doing more of these when the silver euroarmor becomes available in the impulse sets (and like the look of the knights...I just wish I bought more of the great helms from LA when I had the chance).

Anyway thanks for your encouragement guys. This was my first time ordering from Kam (who was great about it), and my first time applying decals, so I'm glad it wasn't too bad...though like I said I need to work on it a bit. It's really a lot of fun though, I just might be hooked :twisted:
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

These look excellent. The bright blue really adds to the figs and keeps the core of the falcon in it.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Mmmmm.... I can't get enough falcons... I like the knights. Only thing I don't like is the blue helmets of the generals.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I do like that blue helmet, but I can see where you are coming from. It actually took me a moment to decide if I liked it or not - it seems a bit... bright (pastel?) for BF knights.

But after a few moments, I decided I liked it because it really goes well with the armor, perhaps better than a dark blue or black would have - it adds a nice splash of color while still looking powerful.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
mouthofsauron
Villein

Post by mouthofsauron »

:) I love the generals and warriors. The sigfig is a Biit plain though. :o I've never put any decals on but those look great.
Yes, I use to many smilies. Who Cares!
my brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=yelraf
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I like the greathelms on them! I wonder what it would look like if there was a BF crest on them. Like a plume but in the shape of the BF bird.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Black Falcon
Villein

Post by Black Falcon »

The Black Falcon knights and generals are really cool! The classic falcons are my favorites, but I like your customs too.
leaf_of_lire wrote:Mmmmm.... I can't get enough falcons...
Me neither. Can you tell by the name? :wink:
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Beautiful work. 5/5. I myself am I Black Falcon Fan, I should try something like that...
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

These are exellent. Very well done. I love the silver ones.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Starwars4J
Laborer

Post by Starwars4J »

Thanks everyone!

I too love the silver ones, however I have to admit that the black ones look better in person. I guess because of the type of paint, the metallic silver don't blend in very well with the waterslides--you can still see the lines faintly. I definitely plan on making an army with these guys when the impulse sets become available. I always loved the Black Falcon faction because they just seemed the most noble, and it bothered me that I couldn't have any knights for them. I'm usually not for decaled armor, but here it just felt necessary. I would've felt cheap if they just had blank armor :P

'm sure they'll look better as I get more used to applying waterslides. It's almost time to bug Kam for another order :lol: