Shroom-mates

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Megan Rothrock
Villein

Shroom-mates

Post by Megan Rothrock »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!!

I’ve been off the grid for far too long-sorry about that ‘life’ got in the way…

Happy to say I’m back!

Not quite sure where my latest build fits into…

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=282824

Feedback would be great-

Cheers-

Megan
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I saw this in Zwolle 2 weeks ago, am I correct?
Nice job :) I love the little details in each room.
The car is just awesome! :D
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

There's ALOT to like about this. I like how the cap can be lifted away. Great accessibility. The bedroom design and colors are great. That orange cone looks like a Lava Lamp. If it had caps on the top and bottom, it'd probably look more realistic, but seems like you're cramped for space there. That trans tile floor is giving me some kind of '70s vibe!!!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I like almost everything about this. Its really cool!

But this is not castle.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Great idea, it remids me of a childrens' playset. It would be nice if it were a little less angular (maybe a greater number of rooftop sections could accomplish this) & a little less studdy. But overall I think it's great :D
Prince Imdol wrote:But this is not castle.
I'm glad you told me, because before I read that I thought it easily fit into the wide parameters of this theme /sarcasm =P
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Very nice! I really like the shape of the top, and the way it opens up. The trunk looks maybe a bit square, though. One detail I erally like, though, is the aquarium, with the from and plant. Overall, great job!
DARKspawn wrote:
Prince Imdol wrote:But this is not castle.
I'm glad you told me, because before I read that I thought it easily fit into the wide parameters of this theme /sarcasm =P
I think he was refering to the fact that it is in the Castle MOCs forum, as opposed to the General Lego forum. No need for sarcasm. :wink:

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
jedimasterwagner
Goat Brigade

Post by jedimasterwagner »

Don't the smurfs live in little mushroom houses? :D if only there were blue minifigs....

but seriously, this is a great moc. My favorite parts are the furniture (the bed, couch, toilet :shock:) and the different floor tilings in the kitchen and living-area. and of course your frogquarium makes me smile. :)
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

kelderic wrote:I think he was refering to the fact that it is in the Castle MOCs forum, as opposed to the General Lego forum. No need for sarcasm. :wink:
Well, good, because that's exactly what I thought he meant. There is far more to this theme than just stone castles...
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Great building - my first thought was "smurfs". Then, after seeing the interior and the car, I thought "Japan!" :)

I also like the way that the roof lifts away - and I like the way that you've mixed in pieces from a lot of different themes to make a really modern-looking, but somewhat quirky living arrangement.

Of course the exo-force headpieces are the only things that would ever work here!

Great~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
arc
Peasant

Post by arc »

That's so trippy. I love it. Megablocks, I love and hate you all sometimes.
teraflop122
Peasant

Post by teraflop122 »

This is super awesome. I'm curious; how is the ring of click-hinges that holds the dome sections connected to the rest of the MOC?
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Wow, this is too cool. It does remind me of young girl playsets :) but the thought and creativity really shine! Great job!
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Megan Rothrock
Villein

Post by Megan Rothrock »

Hmmm it appears I have moved-hehe

WOW!
I'm over the moon with your positive/great comments! :)

Well no, the ‘Shroom Dome’ is not a castle-but I thought that you all might like to see it. But it is a fantasy building ;)

Its’ great to see that the details (such as the toilet) aren’t over looked.
One of the reasons the stalk is a bit square is due to the fact I don’t have very much tan to build with.

My favorite part is The Shroomies’ pet frog, in his terrarium.

This is my first house, and interior. I was quite surprised when I found myself loving building furniture and such.! I build it all the time now.

The panels of the mushroom are attached to a ring of click hinges with some headlight bricks on columns, built in to the central columns.

Yes, that is an orange lava-lamp! I did originally have caps on it, but then it didn’t sit on the dresser and the mushroom wouldn’t close.

Yes, this was at LEGOWORLD in Holland (Zwolle) two weeks ago, I’m still recovering from the week!

Cheers-

Megan
Ryan
Laborer

Post by Ryan »

Very odd, but very cool. I love the floors! Also, the rest of your creations are equally amazing. :wink:
-Ryan
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/9809412@N07/]flickr[/url]
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

I'd live here in a New-York Minute.