CCCV Legend perspective entry.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

CCCV Legend perspective entry.

Post by Sir Brithead »

First, these need to be resized before entering, these are not yet official, but here we go.

Percival, Bors and Gallahad reaching the Holy Grail. That is two Legends in one, the Legendary cup Christ used at the last supper or the Cup used to catch his blood depending on who you talk to, but both are said to grant Immortality to any who drink from it. The Knights of Arthur's Round Table are Legendary too. Some of Arthur's Knights; Percival and Bors were able to see it and attest to it's reality, Gallahad and his virtue were allowed to Drink and the Legend says he was taken back to God much like Elijah on a Chariot of Fire. For your viewing pleasure, it is based on a Painting dipicting the Legendary events many Centuries ago.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=284976

I uploaded the pix last night but added one this morning so it says no public yet, be patient. Be patient.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

Nice! The background sky is good, and I like the angel wings. Good job!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Lookin good. I love the night background, though I am not quite sure why you did it, its a nice, original touch. I don't recall in my time here anyone ever making a background for their CCC entry.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Nice angels. I'm personally not fond of the night background. Nothing against yours, it's just a style that I don't like. Do you have a gold goblet from the new Castle line? If so, I think that would make a better grail (even though we all learned, from Donovan's error, that it would not made out of gold :D ).

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
the_lorax
Peasant

Post by the_lorax »

Ohh, that is very cool, I love the angels and the night sky.

I love the stars the night sky background also, very cool.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Very nice creation. I especially like the use of those pieces for the angel wings, as well as the simple but effective heraldry of the knights. Solid work!
krush
Gong Farmer

Post by krush »

I love the composition for this scene, especially when you view it straight on from the front. The abstract look of the stars, simple angels, and having everything lined up horizontally makes this scene really remind me of paintings from long ago. Very cool, and definitely one of the best entries I've seen so far.

Dennis
[url=http://www.thievery.org/dennisc]thievery.org/dennisc[/url] | [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/krush_9]flickr[/url]
SirNadroj
Apprentice

Post by SirNadroj »

Very cool! I like the night sky, and the angels are great! The torsos came out awesome and the wings look good! :)
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Add me to the list of people who think the 'starry' background is brilliant. Nice job overall. Lee.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Post by Sir Brithead »

Thanks for the nice comments.

If you look at the last pic in the Folder it is the Orignal Painting from long ago and I wanted it to be as close as I could to it. It depicts a nighttime scene and the only way I could figure on duplicating it was a starry background. Maybe next time ai will do a starry starry night like Van Gogh's with blues and yellow swirls, but that will be a lot of work.

Thanks everybody.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Great dio! I really like the LEGO made background, funny enough I was toying with the same idea for my Historical entry but decided against it in the end. The angels are well done too.
jrpickles

Post by jrpickles »

Hi

I have read this book when I was 5 years old you visioned it well.

P.S. I am 10 years old

~~~~~~~~~~~~~jrpickles~~~~~~~~~~