Factions in your Legoverse.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
hulk hogan
Villein

Factions in your Legoverse.

Post by hulk hogan »

How do you guys seperate your factions? Since I am beginning to re-write my lego world I figure any ideas from you guys would be great. Alot of my world has more independent groups rather than factions.

Here are what I have in mine:

Bad guys
Black Falcons (Lead by a pompous, young Baron who basically had the throne handed to him when his father passed. They want to rule the land)

Wolf Pack (Thieves and outcasts who have ties with the Black Falcons leader)

The Un-Dead (Still working on a name, basically this is a group that is led by a prince and an evil wizard. New to the realm, they lay low for the time being. Sitting back and bidding thier time.)

Good Guys
Crusaders ( Defenders of peace for ages. Fighting is more for religious reasons)

Forestmen ( Basically people who have chosen not to fight. They will defend themslves if need be. Men, women and children who once lived in castle towns, warriors who have retired, and even a former king make up this group. Also some may not be on the "good" side.)

Neutral
The Dragon Masters(More neutral than anything. They are a group which can control the dragons in the land. The Leader of the group does not want power, riches, or control over the land. He believes his existance is only to destroy or keep dragon at bay. Dragon Knights are feared throughout the land.)

Royal Knights (Keep to themselves, while trying to rebuild thier kingdom.

As far as Fright Knight go, they don't exist. I just use the figure as different style knights or Dragoons. Ninja and Samurai I will andd into the mix as soon as I get some, nninjas will naturally be hired assasins, and Samurai will be hired protectors.

While it's fresh in my mind, do you guys consider the men with 2 axes on thier chest Crusaders?
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Re: Factions in your Legoverse.

Post by Aliencat »

hulk hogan wrote:While it's fresh in my mind, do you guys consider the men with 2 axes on thier chest Crusaders?
Yes, definitely :)

As for my factions, right now I have three big factions, I sold/traded most of the other figs.

The first faction is the Crusaders and their king. The king has a firm rule and tries to drive the orcs, trolls and goblins off of their land to keep his people safe and help his economy florish.

The second faction consists of orcs, goblins, trolls, wizards, dragons and undead vikings (yes). They recently united under one banner to try to resist the king who will not rest until all the non-humans are dead.

The third faction is the Black Sun Empire. After the Black Falcons were defeated at the hands of the Black Knights, a few loyal Black Falcon knights swore to continue the legacy their now dead king had tried to build up. They swore an oath under an eclipse, and called themselves the Black Sun Empire. They are invading the king's land to expand their empire and will try to wipe out both the Crusaders and the non-human rabble.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

As my factions are helping my book:
Good:
Black Falcons: a large military force that strives for peace.
Wanderers: As the name says, a group of REangers, Wizards and adventurers that hide in the mountains that broder all the major factions

Evil:
The Skeletons: not muh to say, other than the Wizard
The Orcs: Also under the Wizard
The Dragon Masters: an ally of the Wizard

Neutral (or against everyone else):
Crown Kingdom: wants to conquer all evil and land (even the good guys)
Crusaders: a well organizee (if I every buy more) large faction that hates the Black Falcons.
Black Knights: A small, yet effective order that broder (surrounded really) by the Dragon Masters.
Wolfpack: A small band of thieves that hide in the South.

I'm still buying the armies (with my brothers' help) The orcs only number 2 until spring.[/b]
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

i organized mine according to the D&D alignments. :P

good guys:
Crusaders
Alignment: Lawful Good.
Background: defender of civilians and the weak against the evil or the unjust. An ancient order created by the knights who swore to uphold good and to act with honor at all times.
Str: medium
Tech: medium
Magic: medium

Dwarves
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: pledged allegiance to the crownies but are not ruled by them. Loves the autonomy and is ruled by a democratic council elected by their people. A highly intelligent and industrious society, they rationalize everything and do not believe in magic. Some of the realm's finest craftsmith, they fashioned the most remarkable of weaponry.
Tech: high
Magic: low

Forestmen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: a group of fighters who became disillusioned with what they see as society's unjust - the good and poor oppressed by the evil and rich merchants and ruling elites. Seek to correct what they see as an unjust society. Steal from the rich and give to the poor.
Tech: low

evil guys:
Undeads
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Background: run by a tag team of necromancer and death knight. The necromancer was a highly intelligent scholar who discovered the power of skeletal animation and became obsessed with the power it gave him. Looking to overthrow the ruling crownie elitists he re-animated a famous dead general to help him lead his army of undeads but the death knight refused to accept the necromancer's authority. The necromancer realized that he needed the DK's leadership in the battlefields to have any chance of succeeding in ruling the world and offered to share power with the DK with the aim of desposing of the ungrateful dead once he rose to power. The DK also has plans to kill the necromancer once he is in power but realized he needed constant supply of soldiers and only the necromancer can provide him that. Both are hellbent on ruling the world...ALONE.
Str: high
Magic: high

Orcs
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background: strong and naturally powerful, they believe themselves to be a superior race and that they should be the rightful ruler of the land. They seek to enslave the puny "pink skins" whom they viewed as inferior beings. They believe only in the rule of might and generals are often the strongest of warriors. They have a tendency to be highly superstitious and fear magicians. Extremely proud and tribal in nature. They allied themselves with the undeads as they have fought and seen the power in numbers.

Dragon Masters
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Background: they are the only race that tamed the dragons. Powerful but limited in numbers due to in-fighting. Distrusting of each other and outsiders, they never grow to be as powerful as their skills would suggest. Knowledge within the clan is declining because every father is fearful of teaching 100% of his knowledge to his sons for fear of being usurped or assassinated. They often align themselves with anyone who can help them in their pursuit of power.
Str: low

neutral guys:
Wolfmen
Alignment: True Neutral
Background: a fierce warrior race. They are nomadic in nature and roam the land seeking survival of the clan. They view the land as their mother and that every creature, good or evil, has rights to the land. They hardly take sides in any conflict but if their survival is threatened they fight with unrivaled valor.
tech: low

Crownies
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: have been in power centuries ago and viewed themselves as the ruler of the land and they intend to keep it that way. An established society where nobility and the elites rule. Any clan or race that threaten the "established" order will face a swift and deadly retaliation. They sometimes also execute a "First Strike" war against those whom they viewed as potential threat to their rule or economic interest. A highly developed society, they have the most advanced of technology and sought to use it to stay in power.
Tech: high

Dark Forestmen
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: little is known about this mysterious race. Many have only heard of rumors where the unwitting adventurer who wandered into their realm/domain would never be found. A caravan of crownie merchants once ventured by mistake into their land and was never found. The Crown King was so angry over the lost goods that he ordered a huge invasion. Despite their advanced weaponry and medicine, the soldiers were stricken with a mysterious deadly illness and every single incursion into the forest left the soldiers and generals dead in days. Finally, after having depleted his army the King ordered the deforestation of the land but anyone foolish enough to try were also met with an untimely death from the illness. Since then, the King has constructed a huge 10' wall to sealed off the DF's land.
Str: ????
Tech: ????
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

I wrote History of Terra, that's how I define factions.
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I don't have enough generic soldiers for full-scale armies. This is probably one of the reasons I like KK2. I usually build a party of say 5 or 6 heroes, and then I have them battle my monsters, (such as goblins, dragons and trolls) I sometimes build a figure, then use it as a template for a vehicle or fortification, whatever feels like right... Good thread...Thanks...
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Aliencat- where do the black knights fit in besides destroying the Black Falcon faction?

I had it broken down so-

Crusaders- I named them the King's knights and King's armies or Knights of the lion. Basically the greatest and most powerful of the kingdoms of men. They tend to be just and good in their dealings within and without the kingdom. The king of this kingdom has a sway over most of the other rulers in the land good, neutral or even bad though at the end of a lance usually.

Black Falcon. An autonomous series of fiefs making up a fair part of the king's lands, though independant from his lordship in basically all aspects but land, which can get complicated and difficult and at times has led to war. Builds a great deal of smaller castles and fortresses to bolster his small population but is limited by the same financially as well.

Black Knights. One of the many internal wars of the Lion Knights spawned the Black Knights. The King of the lion knights became cruel and despotic and began removing those who made any move to stop him. The princes originally remained loyal until the Eldest was almost assainated by their father. After this the sons gathered together and forced their father from the kingdom. The Father and former king drew some of his supporters and carved out a new kingdom under a new flag, that of the dragon, from his old kingdom but was slain in a way with his sons' armies. His illigitimate son then king of the black knights who have tried to reconquer what they see as their kingdom since. Initially they made great war upon the orcs at times even subjecting them now leading to forces of orcs employed by them, though they employ a variety of anyone to get the job done.

Royal Knights and knights kindgom I- All different lords in the king's lands. The crossed axes fit into this group as well.

Forestmen- I used most of them as wood elves so not many. The remaining I use as simple peasants, some levied but mostly just farmers etc.

The elves are good but tend to avoid the many and often wars of men unless required. I have fair and wood elves that are good and a handful of dark elves. Strong of will, magic and in prowess they are a force to be feared. Most of the south of the realm is in these two factions possessions.

Dwarves- Short, smart and strong. These dwarves employ magic in their trades but mostly limited to them. They tend to be neutral but work often for the good guys as artillery experts and expert fortification craftsmen. They have an immense stronghold in the northeast of the land.

Wolfpack. Neutral with a disposition to work for the baddies. Their end goal is to stay alive and make as much money as they can. They serve the highest bidder. The King refuses to hire them in most cases.

Dragon Masters-Extremely powerful but at war with the Black Knights as often as they are allied with them had left them in an uncomfortable and un happy stasis. They often employ orcs, skellies and other baddies as fodder before letting their own armies, knights and dragons in for the kill.

Orcs, goblins and trolls. Bad. They do not see themselves as bad only as downtrodded by the other races of the land. Great numbers of them are employed by other bad forces but they always have a greater force under their own lord the mountain king. THe oc king rules a great swath of land in the north and into the great northern mountains.

Skellies, wraiths, vampires undead, evil immortals and other baddies. Bad. Just bad. They want to be incharge of it all. They employ armies of the undead and living to carry out their goal, which is to place whoever their lord is into power. There are a number of seperate groups of them. Fright Knights, Shadow Knights and other sets have found their ways into this army.

KKII- They usually get dropped into the lion knight forces.

Crown Knights- An seperate kingdom of men that is allied with the Lion knights and the lion knight lesser factions.

Vikings- the newest arrival to the lands. THey befriended the dwarves early on and gained great skill in artillery and metal working but were not trained in stone working or mining.

High King's men. Small in numbers but powerful in the field of battle, skill and magic more than offsetting the enemies numbers with their strength. Usually will attempt to mediate the wars of the many races. race unknown.

So thats it more or less.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Aliencat- where do the black knights fit in besides destroying the Black Falcon faction?
I don't have many black knights, they've been my smallest faction for a while so I sold most of the ones I had. I have about 5 left at most now. Same with forestmen, wolfpack, dragon masters, you name it. I only have a few of each left to go with sets, but I narrowed everything down to those 3 big factions I described above.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

This is a great question, though wouldn't it belong better in the Stories forum? Anyways, I have an outline on how I view my factions, without giving away too much of my story.

Crusaders/ Lion Knights: These are my main "good guys". I even include the crossed axe faction in them. They are lead by King Leo (different from the official one) and include a group of knights. Majisto is also part of this faction since I felt he didn't belong with the DM's

Black Falcons: The BF's are mainly neutral, if you can call it that. They are lead by Lord Alshain, though his advisor Corvus is a shady wizard to say the least. Their alliegance will change sides, but in they end, they will always be their own people.

Forestmen: I have them as a forest dwelling people that once belonged to a great kingdom. Once their Prince became magically trapped during a battle with the green dragon "Cetus", they withdrew from society and stood guard over their magically comatose Prince. They have a different type of society than others.

Black Knights: I don't really have any Black Knights, so I use the story of The Black Knight. True he had followers, but he become a loner and feared ruler. A small band of followers and soldiers, but no real army anymore. One such group within his land that has become outlawed is the.....

Wolf Pack: They are the rebels of this land, though they aren't exactly friendly to outsiders either. With no real army either, they are more of an outlawed, mercenary type.

Bulls: I actually have reinvented the Bulls to be actually 2 factions. One having a leader that is just and good. The other an uncle (Cedric) that has turned toward ruthless agression. Civil war is upon their land.

Dragon Masters: The DM's are lead by a ruthless and just leader. Lord Draco is the leader to his people, but the real leader is the red dragon "Fornax". I also use the "stingray faces" to make "dragon men" within their ranks. Over a period of time though, more and more "dragon men" are in the army than men. They have become slaves to these "dragon men", but time will tell to where this leads.

Fright Knights: I really had to make this group better than what officially was done with these. First off, their leader "Bishop Basil" was made to be quite the powerful leader. Before Lego had come up with the undead, I had Basil comanding both skeletons and loyal humans. A realm of fear was ruled by Basil, and he has become just as powerful as other leaders.

Scorpion Knights: I used this faction even though I had to use custom stickers to get their ranks. Their leader (Vladek) the former knight Scorpio is the glue that holds all my "bad" factions together. His wizard is the real mastermind behind the scenes.

Crown Knights: Being relativly new to me, I have yet to work on their habits, but for now they are lead by a knight that is loyal to King Leo.

Dwarfs and Orcs: I don't own them yet, but when I do the Dwarves will be good and the Orcs (Trolls) bad.

I think I covered them all :wink: Of note is that I only have around 10 of each faction. I don't see the need for huge armies, it's actually silly to me. I use names of stars and constellations for most of my characters and places, and it has helped me evolve my story at times.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

In my LEGOverse, men are men, & can be both evil & good in equal measure. My LEGO world isn't limited to black & white, I try to use as many colours as possible ;)
Elbee
Peasant

Post by Elbee »

My factions also tend towards overall neutrality, with varying lords and knights within them being more good or malicious in intent depending on their personal alignment, though some societies are more harsh or oppressive than others.

I also dislike fantasy elements such as dragons and undead, and attempt to explain them away wherever possible, although I think I might make an exception for the orcs, because they're so darn neat.

Crusaders: The men of the Lion do not control the largest territory, but that is by choice: they expand only into rich, promising regions. Their population faces a lighter tax burden thanks to this natural wealth, but overcrowding is something of a problem. Laws are strictly enforced but consequences are not overly harsh.

Black Knights: The Black Knights hold the largest swathe of territory, stretching north from the Crusader borderlands and touching the arctic tundra. Their zeal to grab up land has left them with many unproductive regions, and settlement becomes increasingly sparse the further north one goes. Taxation is heavier to make up the balance of the treasury. Laws are enforced, and punishments harsh.

Black Falcons: Once ruling an expansive kingdom, this faction has been pushed back by both the Crusaders and Black Knights. Now occupying only a small area of coast, they are nevertheless incredibly wealthy, as they conduct a roaring trade with both powers, often selling the goods of one to the other. Law enforcement is somewhat laxer and corruption rampant, but taxes are nearly nonexistent, as the treasury bulges even without them.

Dragon Masters: These warriors enjoyed a very brief time as an influential power, before it was revealed that the "magic" of their self-proclaimed leader, Majisto, was simple alchemy, and their "Dragons" were cloth-and-wood puppets. The Black Knights summarily crushed any resistance and reincorporated their lands into their kingdom. Scattered remnants of Dragon Master forces operate as bandits or mercenaries.

Royal Knights: "King Leo" is a wealthy, but mad, merchant. His "Royal Knights" are household servants dressed in fancy livery. He resides in Crusader territory, his "edicts" ignored by all.

KK1: Does not exist. The soldier torsos make good generic warrior bases.

Bulls: Cedric "the Bull" leads the largest and finest mercenary army to be found. He and his men will take contracts with any monarch or independent township. Although "Bull" warriors can often be seen manning the walls of isolated border towns and colonies who feel their own militia are not enough protection, they have no territory of their own.

KK2: Not a chance.

Vladek: Past the arid, cold deserts and tundra north and east of Black Knight lands, tales float of a distant warrior society, men who march to banners of blood and scorpions black. These tales remain uncomfirmed.

Crown Knights: In the eastern sea, sailors have made claim to sighting distant ships of strange build, flying an unknown flag - a golden crown on a field of quartered blue. No contact has been made with these strange people yet.

Fright Knights: The true name of these mountain warriors is not known. They are called such because of their lack of mercy in battle. Contact with them is sporadic; largely they keep to their secluded lands behind a tall mountain range. Tales of witches, bat-faced lords and flying creations are no more than wild rumor.

Orcs!: Don't know yet.
Kamzel
Gong Farmer

Post by Kamzel »

In my world magic plays a very important role. Almost all of the wizards and witches need special accessories (like wands, scrolls, gems or staffs) to cast spells. But some can control magic without those things - they are called "mages of blood". Now, the Seventh Mage of Blood, Maghrat, most powerful wizard in the world wants to become the most powerful ruler as well...

Factions:

Republic of Shand (Fright Nights): formerly a small and wealthy merchant republic. Many years ago one of the rich merchants learnt how to use the magic and used it in his efforts to became the Lord Protector. Although the state is still called "Republic" its more like a monarchy now with Lord Protector ruling like a king (e.g. title of "Lord Protector" became hereditary).

Sisterhood of Witches: A small but influential group of female mages. The First Sister uses her magical skills to help the current Lord Protector of Shand in exchange for his political support.

Former Kingdom of Terranostra was divided intro three parts:

Kingdom of Charlesiane (Crown Knights): rich and powerful country, but now it is in difficult position, because of the attacks of Maghrat and the Necromancers.
Kingdom of Lionne (Royal Knights): Lionne was the capital city of Terrantostra. This kingdom lost most of their southern lands to Shand, but still is one of the major political powers in the world.
Kingdom of Greiffland (Crusaders): formelry ruled by Black Falcons dynasty, it was then united with Lionne for a short period of time. Now it is independent again but ruled by a dynasty from Lionne - so it maintains an alliance with both the Charlesianne and Lionne. It's currently quite weak.

Black Knights Order (Black Knights): this state dominates the north. It was once in a conflict with Lionne, and a group of mages who served the Order at this time started a rebelion - that is how the Republic of Mages was created. The Order is now neither very wealthy nor very strong, but it's decision weather to ally with Maghrat or not may shape the future of the world.

Republic of Mages (Dragon Masters): a state ruled by mages who study the path of light. Mages were lucky enough to avoid any wars for more than a century, but now their former colleagues from the south - Necromancers - want to destroy the Republic, which is not very well prepared for this conflict and has already lost almost half of its territories. But the wizards still believe that under wise leadership of the Highest Archmage Aisteus the Republic may survive.

Necromancers: a group of wizards who wanted to study the path of darkness and decided to oppose the High Council. They now have an alliance with Maghrat.

Empire (formerly Federation) of Southland: Maghrat rose to power here 10 years ago and started to prepare an army to conquer the world. He inspired the rebellion in the Republic of Mages and allied with the rebels. Recently, Maghrat proclaimed himself an Emperor.
Last edited by Kamzel on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

I have so many crown knights, and so little other organized factions, that my Lego kingdoms number only two. The first and most powerfull is the Empire, or the land of the West. The area that they now control, and in fact, most of the world, was split into dozens of petty kingdoms. Magnificent castles and armies were built as symbols of power, and almost every town was eventually fortified. Civilians became nonexistent as independent trades were swallowed up into the monarchies, which rapidly turned into fascist states.

While this buildup was going on, international feuds were largely nonexistant, as everyone was too busy with their own business to worry about their neighbor's. As each country's resources ran out, they realized just how gosh-darned hard their militaries were to support. By then, none of them were sure any more how to run a normal kingdom, so at the great Brickeva Convention, they unanimously decided to cull the hordes in the easiest manner possible.

War inflamed immediately, but every kingdom was so evenly balanced that nobody really gained anything except massive casualties. Fortunately, this was just what the leaders had had in mind, and they kept fighting for generations, until war became a way of life. They no longer had any reason to fight, as their armies had largely been slaughtered and their castles were virtually destroyed, but war had become an end in and of itself.

As you can guess, the populations and power of each kingdoms were strained mightily. They no longer had any energy to ward off true threats, which made a perfect opportunity for the Evil Wizard (a treasured title passed down from father to son in a certian family for hundreds of years) to swoop down from the fell mountians in the north, enlisting bored goblins and dead things to fill his ranks. It wasn't that he was truly evil, but he had a reputation to uphold as a bad guy, and he was ever a stickler for tradition. Anyway, the addition of one more player to the chaos was too much. What was left of the kingdoms collapsed into anarchy.

Ten years later, the apocalypse had come and gone. Scattered bands of roving thugs and goblins ruled what was left of the world, hunting for anything left of value amidst the ruined land. Nobody could cultivate anything, for what few shriveled crops that could be grown where stolen immediately by thieves. A starved, pitifull waste was all that was left of the once mighty kingdoms.

Then, the Crown Knights came.

A great fleet of majestic ships sailed in from the western sea, a mighty kingdom that had been pushed from its homeland. The glorious armada built a great castle on the spot of their landing, marking the first footsteps of what would be a great empire. The scattered, disorganized thugs were no match for the army that arrived from the ships, and in less than a year's time they were pushed back to the mountian range that ran through the middle of the contintent. Realizing finally that they needed to band together to stand a chance against the Crown Knights, they retreated throught the mountians, plotting revenge.

The Crown Knights now rule the western half of the continent, and anarchy rules the east. War is constant on the border, but despite this the Crown Knights have managed to turn the barren wasteland into a thriving empire.

This is all a really fancy way of saying that a bunch of Crown Knights make up one side, and all the miscellanious castley figs that I thought looked cool are on the other.
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:I have so many crown knights, and so little other organized factions, that my Lego kingdoms number only two.
[...]
This is all a really fancy way of saying that a bunch of Crown Knights make up one side, and all the miscellanious castley figs that I thought looked cool are on the other.
it's not really an issue. crownies are the majority of the castle mfs i have too. well, actually more like evenly split between crownies and undeads. i just make them the default ruling clan. the rest have their own ambitions and agendas. like forestmen are not looking to dominate but more to raid the crownies every now and then.

having separate splinter factions help to build the story later on when i get more mfs from the other factions. :P maybe the dragon masters/knights overthrow the crownies at some point. :P remember that numbers =/= power. so you can have fewer units but maybe more powerful ones.
Sir-Boris
Laborer

Post by Sir-Boris »

I've been working on my background story for over ten years now and never really wrote anything down besides some names of my "major" players. This thread has inspired me to start writing things down, so I present you with a rough (and I mean rough) draft of my factions within my lego world.

Dragon Masters/Black Knights: The Dragon Masters are led by King Matthew, son of King Bruce. With King Matthew’s thirst for power, the Dragon Masters enlists the largest army. Besides his own armies, King Matthew has many alliances with some of the lands other strongest Lords. Although he is not evil, he is motivated by power and his need to take over his Fathers kingdom that was passed to his youngest brother Aaron.

Black Falcons: The Black Falcons is an elite group of Hippogriff riders that have an alliance to King Matthew.

Crusaders (Axe): The Crusaders is an army of highly trained infantry that have an alliance with King Matthew.

Dwarves (Eastern/Mountain): This clan of Dwarves lives in the mountains within the Dragon Masters territories. They have survived King Matthews’s persecutions by providing him with weapons, armor, and information from the underground.

Royal Knights: The Royal Knights are the oldest and most respected kingdom in the land. King Aaron is currently the King, which was handed to him when his father, King Bruce, passed on. Although the Kingdom is respected, Aaron is not as much. In many eyes he has made some foolish choices, which may have weakened the Kingdom to attacks. King Aaron, once in charge, disbanded his fathers Elite Guard and replaced it with his own. He has also stopped pursuing his brother, King Matthew from gaining greater strengths. King Aaron is good at heart and wants what is best for his people, which he believes is peace.

Dwarves (Western/Hill): This clan of Dwarves shares the foot hills of the Royal Knights Kingdom. They aid the Kingdom with weapons, armor, treasures, and information among other things. They have been loyal to King Bruce and remain so with King Aaron

Paladins/Crown Knights: This group of men is led by Sir Boris, a paladin dragon slayer. He and his men are lawful good people that serve to protect that what is good. Sir Boris and his men were the elite group in charge of protecting the Royal Kingdom under King Bruce, and were relieved of duty once King Aaron took the thrown. Even though Boris disliked the choice, he is still there to protect the people.

Undead: The Undead is led by a Necromancer that is looking to conquer all of the Kingdoms of the main land. They currently reside on a large island to the South East, and have been amassing quite and army. His army consists of skeleton knights, assassins, conscripts, orcs, goblins, trolls, minotaur, among other undead and living creatures.

Orc: There are three different clans of orc that live throughout the land. They all serve the Necromancer and look for any unexpected victims. They just recently have become more organized and braver in attacking larger towns, cities, and outposts.

Minotaur: The Minotaurs are creatures created by the Necromancer. They are strong and quick creatures that make up the bulk of the Necromancers armies strength.

Goblins: The Goblins were the original habitants of the island the Necromancer now calls home. The goblins are skilled miners and archers, and provide the Necromancer with a highly accurate army of archers.

Trolls: The Trolls are large dumb creatures that are usually found accompanying a clan of orcs.

Fright Knights: The Fright Knights is a group of Mercenaries that left the ranks of King Bruce’s army when King Aaron took over. They are now evil to heart due to the powers of the Necromancer. They provide the Necromancer with some strength and intelligent infantry and cavalry.

Ninja: The Ninjas are hired assassins that have pledged allegiance to the Necromancer.

Wolfpack: The Wolfpack is a group of Rangers that help protect nature and its people. They are led by Nathan, the third and middle son of King Bruce. Nathan shares an alliance with the Paladins, Elves, Centaurs, Lizardmen, and the Wizards.

Elves: The elves are one of the native people of the land and have faced great persecution from King Matthew. They hold an alliance with the Wolfpack, Paladins, Centaurs, Lizardmen, and the Wizards. They are for the most part neutral to the affairs of the Kingdoms that surround them, but once threatened, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Centaurs: The Centaurs are another group of native people that have seen their numbers dwindle to the hands of King Matthew. Their numbers are so few that they most likely will not succeed to exist for many more generations. With this known, they have become restless and more aggressive to the greater kingdoms that have taken over. They share an alliance with the Elves, Lizardmen, Wolfpack, and the Wizards.

Lizardmen: The Lizardmen, like the Centaurs, too have seen their number diminish. They tend to keep to themselves, and only form an alliance when they see fit.

Wizards: The Wizards is a school of magic users that use their powers for good. They are led by Claudious, whose has been around for a long time and once aided King Bruce.

Scorpion Knights: The Scorpion Knights are a neutral kingdom in the desert lands. Not much is known about them, except that they exist.

Vikings: The Vikings were once a neutral party not accustomed to the main land due to prior agreement between them and King Bruce. They have just recently become involved in the affairs of the main land when King Matthew invaded and destroyed one of their fortresses.

Pirates: The Pirates are not your ordinary “Pirate.” They are more of a mercenary group that stays neutral. They have been known to favor the Royal Knights Kingdom, but pretty much stay out of the affairs of the main kingdoms.

-- Nate
Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world.
- Albert Einstein