Has anyone else been having trouble with S@H lately?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Foxglove
Laborer

Has anyone else been having trouble with S@H lately?

Post by Foxglove »

To avoid ranting too much, I'll keep it simple.

Recently, I made a purchase through S@H.

I ordered:

1x 7009 The Final Joust 9.99
1x 7036 Dwarves' Mine 69.99
1x 7048 Troll Warship 99.99
1x 7094 Kings Castle Siege 149.99
1x 852271 Hero Knight Battle Pack 16.99
1x 852272 Skeleton Battle Pack 16.99
2x 7037 Tower Raid 49.99
2x 7038 Troll Assault Wagon 29.99
2x 7040 Dwarves' Mine Defender 14.99

Total: 598.98 (Including shipping)

When I recieved my order yesterday, what I recieved was:

1x 7036 Dwarves' Mine 69.99
2x 7037 Tower Raid 49.99
1x 7094 Kings Castle Siege 149.99
3x 7021 Viking Double Catapult versus the Armored Ofnir Dragon

Total worth: 424.93

I called my local Lego representative, and the officer I spoke to alluded to the notion that quite a few people lately had had problems and delays with their orders. I'm to be contacted by email later tonight regarding the matter, but I wanted to know what you thought on the matter.

At first I thought the sets were replacements for something they couldn't send me due to stock limitations, but then realised that they wouldn't send me replacement parts worth over $150 less than what I ordered.

Keep your eyes peeled for an update later, and your fingers crossed for a happy ending.
Pass not beneath, O Caravan, or pass not singing. Have you heard
That silence where the birds are dead yet something pipeth like a bird?
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I am lucky that I never had any major problems with S@H like that (taps head to 'knock on wood'), although I can't say I ever had an order for that much before. :shock: Keep us posted.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

That is really strange, I have not ordered anything from there but i migth not do that in the near future now. Hope it works out.

And i also notice you are a fellow fan of The Zombie Hunters.

Erik
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Re: Has anyone else been having trouble with S@H lately?

Post by davee123 »

Foxglove wrote:I called my local Lego representative, and the officer I spoke to alluded to the notion that quite a few people lately had had problems and delays with their orders.
I notice you're in Australia? Not sure if it's related, but here in the States, I've heard in the past year or so (though I haven't heard of anything more recently) that people have been getting lots of errors in the items shipped to them. Particularly with large orders, things have been off by large degrees of quantities, getting extras and missing stuff. I believe it was related to the fact that Lego was outsourcing or switching shipping partners. But it may be different for AU. Perhaps they're following suit in AU, but it's more recently that they started the outsourcing?

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge Lego has corrected all the problems with shipped packages where things have been missing.

DaveE
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

For a few months I had an order every month and never had a problem.... I'd just let lego know they sent the wrong stuff and make sure they get it right. As long as you have an invoice for your order you are good. I doubt lego would misrepresent or sell the wrong item to you an expect you to go with the wrong items.

Sadly I have had my first patience tester with postal services or something I think with a BL order I made and 3 weeks after the payment cleared I still am waiting.... I think my head it going to explode. I had a great idea for the battle ocntest but needed some pieces.... hopefully it comes before next years contest!!!

I'd just keep cool as it seems like it just happened and lego knows of the issue. I have never had a bad issue with lego online shopping so rest assured they will take care of you. If you do not hear back in a few days I'd give them a nice reminder call though!

Randall
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I recently had a S@H order arrive with no LEGO in it! The box had the packing bubbles, catalog and invoice, but no brick. I called and LEGO promptly sent out a replacement.

I hate to rag on TLG, but this outsourcing move was questionable from the beginning, and so far it hasn't improved. I even know of a toy/hobby store that ordered the spring sets last year and then the summer sets, and didn't receive either order till December. Now personally, I think that's outrageous.

I've always been impressed with LEGO's corrective measures, but you'd think it would be cheaper to just do it right the first time... :wink:
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Foxglove
Laborer

Post by Foxglove »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:I am lucky that I never had any major problems with S@H like that (taps head to 'knock on wood'), although I can't say I ever had an order for that much before. :shock: Keep us posted.
-Tower
I figured, if i'm going to be paying $45 for postage, I might as well max my credit card. I have a $600 card specifically for making sure I don't go too overboard on purchases. I didn't think it worked out to be too much, as these were all the 08 sets I didn't have, plus they weren't available in any K-marts or Targets as of yet.
wunztwice wrote:I recently had a S@H order arrive with no LEGO in it! The box had the packing bubbles, catalog and invoice, but no brick. I called and LEGO promptly sent out a replacement.

I hate to rag on TLG, but this outsourcing move was questionable from the beginning, and so far it hasn't improved. I even know of a toy/hobby store that ordered the spring sets last year and then the summer sets, and didn't receive either order till December. Now personally, I think that's outrageous.

I've always been impressed with LEGO's corrective measures, but you'd think it would be cheaper to just do it right the first time... :wink:
That would have definetly been incredibly disappointing for me, if I'd recieved an empty box.

I've always liked to open the smaller sets first and work my way up to the larger ones, so it was hard for me to not have most of the sets I ordered in the package.

I'm still waiting on someone to contact me, hopefully it'll be by tonight. Otherwise I might have to ring again.

I'll let you guys know about any developments.
Foxglove
Laborer

Post by Foxglove »

Update:

I've spoken to a S@H representative, they apologised profusely for the mixup and are express posting out my missing sets - so I'll have them within eight days. Awesome.

I was also told to keep one of the Vikings sets as compensation for my troubles, which I thought was a very nice touch.

All in all, I'm happy with the way it was handled. :)
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Glad to hear its worked out. Usually they come through in the end.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

ah the fruits of outsourcing... This is the problem when accountants run rampent. The idea looks great on paper, but as was mentioned, when things get this bad, the corrective measures and hit to reputation are an offset to any savings.

<sorry, i'm an auditor!>