Comment on Skellies

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
darthsantkuyl
Serf

Comment on Skellies

Post by darthsantkuyl »

Ok so just pokin holes for fun but can a skelly die? I mean there hollow so what good is a arrow or sword do if they are invincible and for that matter why would they need shields just for fun?
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

well the way i see it they can be killed by smashing them into pieces or smashing the skull, ECT...
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Actually my five year old son asked me the same question yesterday. We decided that you have tear them limb from limb, blow them up, etc. Brickarms grenades work really well. :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

Usually when I'm playing with my figs, the skellies die from being crushed, or something hitting them, sending them flying into a wall, thereby smashing into pieces. :mrgreen:

Or like Josh suggested, just some good ol explosives.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dr-J]My Brickshelf; come on in and take your shoes off![/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerng/]My Flickr; wipe your feet at the door and wash your hands.[/url]
<><
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Fire. And lots of it! Or a plus one mace.
Last edited by Sir Dano on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuart2010
Villein

Post by stuart2010 »

If you believe those old films (jason etc) then a good whack with a broadsword should do the trick. tends to make them fall apart.

failing that, then magic!
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

sir dano wrote:Fire. And lots of it!
Doesn't that just turn the white skeletons into black skeletons? :wink:
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

This also brings up a question of my own: Would skeletons be smart enough to aim/fire a bow/crossbow?
RichardAM wrote:
What does it turn the black skeletons into? :wink:
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

You can smash, crush, incinerate, or blow up a skeleton to kill it. :wink: However now that I think about it I had a skellie die from a spear in one of my battles contest entries. :?
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

I don't think Lego made any rules, so each person can decide for themselves how skellies should be killable. Last time I did a Castle Lego story, I made them vulnerable to beheading, but I'm not sure if I'll keep that. Right now I'm waiting until I once again have access to my full Lego collection (which won't be until July) before doing much more with "play" or real building. I'll be getting more Castle stuff until then and after that and then I want to build something big with all my parts, maybe part of a mediaeval town with a castle.
Lord Eor
emoticon patrol

Post by Lord Eor »

Well I imagine that that's why they are such a threat to the kingdom. Ya know, undead are always a threat. And I guess they need something to fight with and a crest to unite under, a skull.
who ever finds the Golden Sword of the ancient Kings is just a lucky person.
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/11184
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

sir dano wrote:This also brings up a question of my own: Would skeletons be smart enough to aim/fire a bow/crossbow?
RichardAM wrote:
What does it turn the black skeletons into? :wink:
I'm pretty sure no fire-mage has learnt to tell the tale, at least, that's my excuse for lack of a proper answer. :D

I've used crossbows for skeleton weapons once before, but I did wonder the same thing, and I didn't think it looked particularly right. I think the Orcs are definitely more suited to using them though?
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

RichardAM wrote: [I think the Orcs are definitely more suited to using them though?
Depending on how you view them, they could be primitive brutes wich the bow would suit them better. Or if you view them as LEGO does, crossbows would be proper. If that made any sense.
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

When I "play" with my legos, I say that cutting off limbs hurt skeletons, like it would hurt a human. And beheading skeletons kill them, just like it would kill a human. But that is just the way I see it. :wink:
-May your winds be fair !
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

Hey, maybe burning skeletons just makes them turn black.