Tic Tac Toe is Back!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Tic Tac Toe is Back!

Post by Peasantpeteri »

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... 132&cn=473

Now tell me.... are the weapons glued to the Minifigs or I can build my army?
preterosso
Villein

Post by preterosso »

The only thing glued was the bottom of the board, affixed to the box. Everything else was minifig-standard. But I'm getting "Not Available" in the US on the S@H site, with "Add to Wish List" as my only option. :(
Just Phil
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

What the heck? I thought it was discontinued. Still says "Not Available" for me, too. And the last review on there is dated December 24, 2007. Weirdness.
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

The figs are unglued. I use them as "elite" knights and skeleton warriors. Like either the cream or the crop or (for the knights) just the really rich ones...haven't decided yet.

I think I got mine at Legoland Deutschland. I miss Germany...Detroit is horrible for Lego (and everything else).
Avatar: Terra Branford, Final Fantasy VI
Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Post by Peasantpeteri »

For me (canada) it says it is available. the price is 17.99 :wink:

I am gonna order 1 with the MMV. :P
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

Interesting . . . it shows as "not available" to me (US), but the fact that it is there at all says something - I'm quite sure that a few days ago, when browsing by theme, it was not in the list. Maybe they found a couple cases of these laying around somewhere or something.
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

I have purchased 3 here in Australia 2nd december (delivered 18 december) In these newer tic tac toes, the crown knights have the newer visor version discussed previously, other then that they are the same as the older version.

Mario
Legoist
Peasant

Post by Legoist »

You're right, it says not available in US for the moment.

Here (Finland) it's available.

15euro for 10 figs is a good deal (would be perfect with variations on the weapons), but when adding 8euro for the shipping it's not so good anymore.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

What gets me is that they are willing to sell this set for $15 but the battle pack is $13 for half as many figs.
pwnage
Legoist
Peasant

Post by Legoist »

Emperor James wrote:What gets me is that they are willing to sell this set for $15 but the battle pack is $13 for half as many figs.
It's possible that they just produced too many compared to the real customers' response.

But generally speaking: LEGO pricing often makes little sense :D
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

It does make sense though.

The battle pack comes fully equipped with different weapons and shields.

The tic-tac-toe set comes with the same weapons and no shields - but this is still a better deal overall.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Lcuan82 wrote:It does make sense though.

The tic-tac-toe set comes with the same weapons and no shields - but this is still a better deal overall.
Thats whats frustrating. They apparently can sell 10 fully armored figures, plus a board and relatively nice box, for $15. But they charge much more for the more useful selection of figures in what is supposed to be an army building set. They were even selling the crossbow cart for $4.19, which even without the skeleton, skeleton horse and cart is a better deal per figure.
pwnage
Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Post by Peasantpeteri »

Emperor James wrote:
Lcuan82 wrote:It does make sense though.

Thats whats frustrating. They apparently can sell 10 fully armored figures, plus a board and relatively nice box, for $15. But they charge much more for the more useful selection of figures in what is supposed to be an army building set. They were even selling the crossbow cart for $4.19, which even without the skeleton, skeleton horse and cart is a better deal per figure.
Agreed. And the battle pack doesn't even come with a box.
insurrection
Laborer

Post by insurrection »

Yeah, the thing that matters to Lego is not what the cost is to produce the figs but what people are willing to pay for them. And people wants to pay more for 5x2 different figs in 2xbattle pack then 2x5 different figs in a tic tac toe set.
Fenneke-Jose
Peasant

Post by Fenneke-Jose »

I Just bought the Tic-Tac-Toe set. I didn't buy the set for the figs, but just to have it. Although it's a pitty that there are no shields in the set...