New Power Miners Giant Rock Monsters

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

New Power Miners Giant Rock Monsters

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

So I had not seen these things before but can see a great deal of possible use for castle themes with these new giant rock monsters.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=556&d=70
http://shop.lego.com/Product/AssetPopup ... =moreViews

Anyone seen these before. Look pretty neat to me. Some nice stone golems, elementals or something.

Heir

Sorry if this was up before I did not see anything about them only the rock monster king.
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Re: New Power Miners Giant Rock Monsters

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

My little rockies are familiars for my mages, and the bigger ones shall be so as well.
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I like the little rock monsters and the Crystal King, but I am not sure about the large rock monsters. Definitely prefer the Rock Raiders rock monsters to the Power Miners large rock monsters.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

I think I may like these better than the old rock raider's rock monsters as they have a bit more detail and color. The fact they can throw stuff is pretty neat as well. I think I am with BMK, some great magical creatures as well.

Heir
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

For me, the larger rock monsters will serve as the mage's golem.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
xzerix
Villein

Post by xzerix »

Username wrote:I like the little rock monsters and the Crystal King, but I am not sure about the large rock monsters. Definitely prefer the Rock Raiders rock monsters to the Power Miners large rock monsters.
Crystal King? Have I missed something here? Is that part of the Rock Raiders sets for 2009/10?
My Other sig is funny. Honest.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

xzerix wrote:
Username wrote:I like the little rock monsters and the Crystal King, but I am not sure about the large rock monsters. Definitely prefer the Rock Raiders rock monsters to the Power Miners large rock monsters.
Crystal King? Have I missed something here? Is that part of the Rock Raiders sets for 2009/10?
Crystal King 8962:
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

The new big rock monsters look awesome. I've been anticipating them since the first sneak peek I got awhile back, and I'd like to have them to use in the castle fantasy theme. I think the Crystal King is just begging to me modified though. :)
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
siabur
Laborer

Post by siabur »

I wasn't planning on getting any of these. Not really fond of the powerminers stuff. I do have 8 sets coming my way, I did some graphic work for a friend and he's paying me in Lego sets. These were what he chose. Now I just have to figure out how to work them into my comic.
Genuine Draft - A Brick Comic since October 2008
[url=http://www.dreamersink.com][img]http://www.dreamersink.com/gd/image/468x60fftban.jpg[/img][/url]
Lego is my prefered drug of choice.
[url=http://www.brickcomicnetwork.com]BCN: Brick Comic Network[/url]
maniac29
Peasant

Post by maniac29 »

I like the little rock monsters more for some reason. It would have been much better if they had made legs for these guys. :cry:
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Post by Blaze Ryder »

I was never mush of a fan for the small ones, I had always prefered the original Rock Raiders monsters. Call it, nostalgia if you will. The large rock monsters for Power Miners have piqued my interest though, I may just get one, though I'd prefer to wait for other colours. The Crystal King on the other hand, whoa Nelly, is he ever cool. He'd be a great component for the mine I'm building, as he's fairly cheap, meaning I can buy him without feeling ripped off, like I have been in the past, such as with the smaller Agents sets. My final note, as well as using them as familiars, I use lego for DnD sometimes (it's cheaper imo) and having more monsters is always great! :D

Have a good one,
Rob
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

OK, I have to admit it, the new large rock monsters are growing on me. Too bad they are both in expensive sets.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Very true. Maybe TLC will make a smaller set with them in the future?

One can hope! I was thinking BL when I first saw them as I have 0 use for the PM's really.

Heir
xzerix
Villein

Post by xzerix »

Username wrote:
xzerix wrote:
Crystal King 8962:
Wow!

I popped into TRU yesterday evening and spotted this monster!

Don't think I'll buy one myself - but maybe it'll be inspiration for a MOC somewhere along the line. I'd Love to have a couple of the blue rock monsters, but they come with the larger sets, and I doubt I could justify the cost of lots of lime green and technic bricks just to get hold of them. But then, that's what bricklink and eBay are for, right?
My Other sig is funny. Honest.
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

BTW - the crystal king is way over-priced at TRU. Runs for $24.99 at TRU last I saw and it retails for $19.99 at S@H. If you do want to get it, wait a few weeks and see if it shows up at Target or Walmart, or put in an order at S@H.

I really like the rock monsters actually, I've picked up the 4 smaller PM sets, enough to get 4 different of the smaller rock monsters. I'd love to use them as some kind of pets at some point. I still get a kick out of Aliencat's PowerMiner/Rock monster combo in this MoC: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/112210