Pachyderm Castle (CCCVII)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Pachyderm Castle (CCCVII)

Post by Elephant Knight »

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Eleph ... /pf_01.jpg

This is my second attempt at making a decent sized castle, so please give me your thoughts on how I can improve. Oh, I used almost all of my grey, and all of my dark grey, dark bley, and light bley bricks, so there isn't much I can do, but give me your thoughts anyways.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Eleph ... /pf_03.jpg
The guy in the uperleft corner of the pic is a incarnation of Horton from Horton hears a who, in case you couldn't figure that out.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Eleph ... /pf_13.jpg
The one standing by the horse/elephant stable is Joshaphant, an incarnation of Josh.

There is a black elephant standing by the doors, and he is the Evilephant, the one who wants to overthrow the king.

(Hopefully Brickshelf is actually working)

EKnight
Last edited by Elephant Knight on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Re: Pachyderm Castle (CCCVII)

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

Quite a bit of blue there; I was expecting pink for some reason... :?

Either way, it's very nice.
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

Nice!
I like the elephant theme, i guess the two large elephant heads are the reason you decided to use blue as a second color?

The gate seems a bit too little fortified compaired to the rest of the castle, there are no double walls like on the sides, and no tower or gatehouse, while a gate usually was the heaviest fortified part of a castle.

Go team Troy!
DarkTemplar
Leonardo

Post by DarkTemplar »

Where's the yellow :cry: ? J.k. This is very nice, it's a great use of imagination which I think would be the embodiment of a fantasy castle. I love your elephant people (especially the one with war paint), and the flag you have on top of the central building (chapel?). The only issues I see are similar to DNL. For the main gate perhaps you could use 2 layers of stockade doors and build up the gatehouse a bit. Also the chapel seems a bit too suspended, you could move it back or maybe add some columns. Otherwise I love it. I guess I'll have to go and improve my fantasy castle plan now :twisted:
Lord Lego 436
Laborer

Post by Lord Lego 436 »

That's quite nice! It has the air of the 2000-year sets.
"Humans build atomic bombs, but no mouse in the world would be stupid enough to design a mousetrap."
- Albert Einstien

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16960
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Hmm...To evaluate or not to evaluate. Well, since you asked, I shall give you my thoughts. :)

I like the overall construction. It could seem very much a believable castle to me (regardless of its inhabitants. ;) ). I like the little lanterns and the stained glass windows. The blue highlights help fight the BGW syndrome, and you've got some cool details inside the courtyard. The only nitpicks I have: I think the darker pachyderm should have been the one in the courtyard. It would give a nice contrast to the light grey/bley of the walls. Also, your Elemen (May I assume you are calling them that?) are mostly standing around and are mostly uniform in appearance. I think some more diversity and more activity (day to day running of the castle, for instance) would have made it feel more well-rounded.

But other than that, I really, really like it. :)

Oh, and don't worry about your lack of grey/bley. I am in the same boat. (Gosh, that makes three boats now...)

Oh, one more thing now that I think of it. :spin: The black horse with the red barding looks totally out of place. It just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the castle, I think. Okay, I'm done. :D No seriously. Done.

Take care, EK!

~Voran
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
mystuffiscool
Apprentice

Post by mystuffiscool »

Blue Moon Knight wrote:Quite a bit of blue there; I was expecting pink for some reason... :?
:roflol: *Slaps knee*

I like the incorporation of elephants! Way to hold your sigfig theme. :D The castle isn't bad, it just has the air of the KK sets, which I never really liked, but far be it for me to talk a fellow builder down. :? Overall I like it,and feel that the inclusion of elephants is quite novel, something we don't see often as a general thing carried out in most of the builder's MOCs.

Cheers,
Mystuffiscool
----------
My Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoworshipper/[/url]

"Just between you and me, I think 'everything' bagels are making a lot of promises they can't keep."

Okay, so now I'm an Apprentice! To what exactly...?
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

I really like that top structure, although I think it would crush someone down below if one of those elephants bumped into the wall too hard! :D I agree that the front wall seems less fortified than the rest, but I love the color scheme, nice job!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Thanks for all the replies! (Orignial post shall be updated with bit of desctiption shortly)

DNL: Bingo! Give the man a prize! I guess the gate does seem a little too much, but I couldn't really add much of a gate house with tthe little bit of bricks left. Maybe next time.

Dark Templar: The yellow sank. Sorry bout that. I'll have to fetch it out. And the suspended chapel is suposed to be suspended. It is a Fantasy Castle, after all.

Voran: The Darker Pachyderm is an evil one, one who wants to overthrough the kingdom, so he just stands around looking menacing. The lack of Fig posing, now that you mention it, is a bit of a problem, but not a big one. And the Black horse witht he barding is for the Joshaphant, who is watching the small elephant eat peanuts.

Shmails: See above.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Blue Moon Knight wrote:Quite a bit of blue there; I was expecting pink for some reason... :?
Heh heh heh.

Hehehe.

Ha ha ha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! pant, pant AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cheers.

Dan :wink:

Oh, by the way EK, I admire your spunk with taking your little theme to the next level. Leg Goht!
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.