What do you think is the worst LEGO Castle set before 1990?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re: What do you think is the worst LEGO Castle set before 19

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

LEGO_KNIGHT wrote:I wouldn't say worst but I'm not a fan of those Classic Knights from 70's. Before anyone brings out the torches and pitchforks! :lol: Yes, including the holy grail 375/6075 Yellow Castle. I just don't prefer their generic emblems.
You should watch this presentation. Apparently things are more disturbing than superficial appearances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXBL_K8b_ls
Kurojaki
Freeman

Re: What do you think is the worst LEGO Castle set before 1990?

Post by Kurojaki »

Won't really look at prices, barely even minifigs or accessories as they are all pure gold even if there surely is worse and better pieces, or common and rare. Or some sets having whole bunch of weaponry/accessories while others not so much. Looking at designs both 6016 Knight's Arsenal and 6049 Viking Voyager has this design with tubes that I'm not a big fan of. First mentioned loses with its generic idea already, the Voyager instead being rather unique.

1974 Smuggler's Hayride doesn't look too good with those 1x8x2 bars either, but it does have a nice idea. 6030 Catapult - I like the fact that unlike many catapults that came later, it's not super tiny in size. But it could look better if some of the pieces were swapped to different ones.