Knight Bannerett

Evolution of a Trebuchet - Part 6

Post by kelderic »

Part 1 - Tree
Part 2 - Transport
Part 3 - Lumberjack Camp
Part 4 - Iron Ore Mining
Part 5 - Making Charcoal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 6 - Forging

After the iron ore has been removed from the ground, (see part 4), it must be refined and formed into specific parts. Brackets and fittings, for example. To do this, a blacksmith takes the iron ore and uses heat and pressure to forge them into the required parts. A stone furnace using charcoal is heated, the ore is inserted and heated itself, and then the smith uses a hammer and tongs to apply the pressure.

Video - A short Stop Motion video of the smith doing his work.

Photobucket Gallery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 7 will be the final entry in this series, Assembly, and I should have it posted in a few days, as the trebuchet itself was designed and built over a year ago. Hopefully will be able to do a stop motion video detailing the building process, as well as the packing and unpacking.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
eilonwy77
Archer

Re: Evolution of a Trebuchet - Part 6

Post by eilonwy77 »

I really love the idea of this series. Well done! And It'd be neat to see a video showing the process. :-)
troll
Laborer

Re: Evolution of a Trebuchet - Part 6

Post by troll »

I like the animation, a bit irritating when the whole MOC rotates, but thats a luxury problem ;)
Look! it's a troll, it's a funny troll! ---> :orc:

"When nothing goes right, go left"