Collectible Minifig Series 4

Discussion of general LEGO topics
porschecm2
Councilor

Collectible Minifig Series 4

Post by porschecm2 »

These are now considered official images, and not leaks, so I want to talk about them, as I'm sure all of you do too. :D

This line again looks great. I'm particularly loving the Gnome, the Geisha, and the Musketeer. The Musketeer's hat looks awfully similar to Barbossa's from POTC, so I'm wondering if it will see re-use there. I'm also happy to finally have an official rapier. The Gnome just amuses me. For one thing, he's eerily similar to the Series 3 fisherman, with the same beard and new pole piece. Can't wait to get my hands on that little green hat though. The Scientist's beaker looks like a great part, as do the Ice Skater's/Hockey Player's skates, and the Artist's paintbrush. It's also great to see the Spartan's shield being reused, and this time with a snazzy print. All in all, another very sound line, I think.

Unlike the previous two lines, though, I can't instantly pin-point the Spartan/Elf crazy popular fig in this line. The Musketeer maybe? The Viking is also nice, but many of us, myself included, already have copious amounts of Vikings. Perhaps in this line there won't be that one fig no one but the most die-hard can find. That would be nice.

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Re: Collectible Minifig Series 4

Post by Quickblade22 »

You asked, so here you go :sly:

Hockey Player - SUCKS!! Stick looks weak and cheap, skates look lame, and the helmet is definitely not a hockey helmet. You'd think after screwing up hockey twice already they'd get someone to do it right. Looks like an alternative is in order :wink:

Punk Rocker - Mohawk is interesting, but if that is the only color is is ever available in, it will be a fail. The guitar shape is neat, but the pictures make the design look printed on, in which case, it fails also.

Viking, Skateboarder, Girl Surfer, and Soccer player - Nothing new here except for different colored pieces which are nice.

Garden Gnome - I like the hat.

Figure Skater - Skates (see above post), and the hair doesn't look that great by the pictures.

Frankenstein and Werewolf - Updated versions are nice and I love the werewolf's hair

Kimono Girl - Looks cool, not sure I'm sold on the fan.

Sailor - Neat, nothing overly impressive though.

Artist and Hazmat guy - These guys look really unique and fun.

Mad Scientist - The key piece is the beaker. It's not bad. It might be a piece I need to own before deciding one way or another.

Musketeer - Looks cool. Not sold on the sword, but the hat looks decent.

I love the new faces and alternative colors in this series. Some of the new pieces are interesting, others are plain crap. I'm betting quality will be an issue here again with some of the parts.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

porschecm2 wrote: Perhaps in this line there won't be that one fig no one but the most die-hard can find. That would be nice.
Yeah, it would. Part of the problem with both the Spartan and the Elf is that, apart from (understandable) demand from army builders, they are both representatives of themes that many of us want but which (obviously) don't exist. And if you want to use them for anything other than just looking at or putting in a vignette, then even if you're not an army builder you might well want a handful. As you say, we've already had Vikings, and the Musketeer, while he looks like a cool fig, won't necessarily generate the same frenzied demand ('17th-century France' tends not to be top of many people's lists of themes they wish TLC would do. Even if it could be brilliant, thinking about it now...)

Anyway, it does look like a good line-up in many ways - especially for hair and headgear. I particularly like the artist. On the other hand, while it's nice to see a non-fighty Japanese fig, there are still woefully few women overall. And there's a strange bias in favour of winter sports, given that we've already had a snowboarder and a skier; sad that there's probably no chance ever of getting, say, a cricketer...
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Yay for Lego Athos!

The geisha looks nice too.

No real army builders in there, except maybe the hazmat guy (zombie apocolypse?) and the viking (but we already have a whole theme on this) and the sailor (maybe to crew that huge aircraft carrier MOC). This looks to be a much better line than series 3.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The Hazmat Guy, Musketeer and Gnome are all the best of this series and every other one has some element to them that makes me pretty excited to see this wave 4 lineup. The guitar accessory will likely have all the details sculpted into it like the series 3 Rapper DJ. I'm really looking forward to this. :tasty:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

porschecm2 wrote: The Musketeer's hat looks awfully similar to Barbossa's from POTC, so I'm wondering if it will see re-use there.
I agree. There are several pieces here I hope might reappear in different sets and colors. The gnome hat particularly, ...It's very Smurfy looking.
KarenJ
Foot Soldier

Post by KarenJ »

Well if you had quite a few sailors you could make quite a scene with one of those Geisha... :wink: :oops:

I could definitely use an artist, although it took a while for me to figure out the skater girl but I think she (and a bunch of Arctic folk) would be great in a winter Christmas scene centered around the "Holiday" train, toy shop, etc.
Karen

Left dark ages Jan '07
rgurskey
Laborer

Post by rgurskey »

With the painter, I can finally create another of my Elton John song vignettes.
How many [url=http://www.librarything.com/catalog/rgurskey]books[/url] do you own?
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Athos wrote:No real army builders in there...
Yes please, keep saying that while I try to acquire a regiment of musketeers at reasonable prices. :)

I have to say that the creativity going into this series is resulting in some fantastic minifig accessories and they just keep getting better.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Lots and lots here to love. A couple of new female hair pieces and faces but I'm not so sure about the giant "I just got away with something that you'll never even know I got away with" grin on the figure skater. I was a bit disappointed that there were only two fishermen in a box of series three but I feel less so with the gnome having the same beard and pole. The Geisha, monsters, sailor and Musketeer are must have for me; the hockey player, not so much. Why does he have a football facemask? I guess that means we'll be getting a football (not soccer) player in a future series of these.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Kevin1990
Grounded

Post by Kevin1990 »

mm :S I made this forum a few days ago and got deleted... <_<.....

Any way
Love the figs.
the new frankenstein looks amazing!, and the musketiers are wicked to.

AND GNOMES!!!

Becarefull My fellow kings and knights the world is going to be ruled by GNOOOOOOOOOOOMEES!!!
[url=http://www.brickmania.com/community/]Top Poster on Brickmania[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=Kevin1990]Proud Briclinker[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Kevin1990]Brickshelf[/url]
Memsochet
Laborer

Post by Memsochet »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:I'm not so sure about the giant "I just got away with something that you'll never even know I got away with" grin on the figure skater.
I guess Lego wanted a Tonya Harding Minifig?

Other than the sports figs, I like all of them. I am still waiting on a Construction Worker, Biker & GI to complete my Village People.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

KarenJ wrote:Well if you had quite a few sailors you could make quite a scene with one of those Geisha... :wink: :oops:
I'm anxiously awaiting that scene.
rgurskey wrote:With the painter, I can finally create another of my Elton John song vignettes.
Crocodile Rock? La la la la la la! La la la la la! La la la la la! :P
Tedward wrote:
Athos wrote:No real army builders in there...
Yes please, keep saying that while I try to acquire a regiment of musketeers at reasonable prices. :)
I figure four should be sufficient.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Memsochet wrote: Other than the sports figs, I like all of them. I am still waiting on a Construction Worker, Biker & GI to complete my Village People.
Are you kidding me? All those lines upon lines of City Construction sets and Impulse sets didn't give you a Construction Worker?
Mutt from the Indiana Jones Crystal Skull like will get you a Biker if you just pop off the fleshie hands and head and swap 'em for proper yellows.
And the G.I. works the same way with the Toy Story Soldier figure, just add your yellow bits.

They need not be Minifigure Collection MISB do they? Just change a few parts and stick them on a stage MOC.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Memsochet wrote:I guess Lego wanted a Tonya Harding Minifig?
You rock. I thought I went waaaaay too vague on that one.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]