CCC VIII: LEGO Labyrinth (AKA Minotaurus x4)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
einsteinonthebeach
Peasant

CCC VIII: LEGO Labyrinth (AKA Minotaurus x4)

Post by einsteinonthebeach »

LEGO Labyrinth (AKA Minotaurus x4)

Dimensions: 50''x50''
Pieces: Approx 20,000
Build Time: 2 months
Playable Factions: Peasants, Forestmen, Wolfpack, Crusaders
Ages: 8+
Players: 2-4

Object of game: To successfully navigate your three figures from the outside of the labyrinth to the inside.

Playing: On each players turn roll both die (ACTION and MOVEMENT). Perform the ACTION die first and then move your character the number of spaces shown on the MOVEMENT die (NO diagonal movement).

ACTION DIE DIRECTIONS:
Black: Move the Fright Knight Lord 8 spaces. If the Night Lord touches any player, they must return to their starting position and the Night Lord returns to the center of the Labyrinth.

Light Grey: Rotate one of the walls 360 degrees. Any moveable walls and figures touched by the rotating wall must be returned to their original position.

Dark Grey: Take any dark grey moveable wall and place it anywhere in the maze. Great for blocking paths and stopping the walls from rotating.

Red: Use one of two catapults to try and hit your opponent with a giant boulder. Any moveable walls or figures hit must be returned to their original starting position.

Dark Brown: If you can move one of your figures to a dark brown doorway, you may place your figure on top of the labyrinth on the designated pedestal. Your figure will be safe from all attacks on top of the maze and can stay in the safe zone for as many turns as desired.

x2 Tile: Move your figure twice the number of spaces as shown on the MOVEMENT die. (Ex: Roll a "6" with x2, move 12 spaces)

Brickshelf (when public): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=456756 (jpg's 1-3 for contest)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/einsteinon ... 716912886/

Thanks,
Mark Bauer
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Re: CCC VIII: LEGO Labyrinth (AKA Minotaurus x4)

Post by Rogue Shadow »

That is big...correction...that is VERY big...and very well done! I like your buildings, and the sheer amount of detail put into every square inch is amazing! I also like how you integrated a game into it.
In Christ,
Rogue
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

First glance I thought it was a microscale. Second glance saw that it is an epically big creation. So much detail and design in an enclosed space. Great work Mark!
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

When I saw this creation I thought it was awsome, Do you have plans to make any other giant versions of lego games ?
rgurskey
Laborer

Post by rgurskey »

What does the minotaur look like?
How many [url=http://www.librarything.com/catalog/rgurskey]books[/url] do you own?
thomassio
Villein

Post by thomassio »

Well that's amazing.
a lot better than the LEGO board games.